The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:53 pm

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
October 13th, 2009 News (SSF2 Hiatus) 
Site Admin

Soulful wrote:
So let me get this straight and correct me if I'm wrong.

Cleod says, "Sorry, I cannot work on SSF2, college and music are getting ahead of me. Don't worry, I won't stop, but I will still use my time to work on music."

Ahum...

For those of you who aren't aware yet, I have a LOT of music that is nearly complete but named yet, I don't make these on the spot all the time. Though most of the latest music has been 2009 work.

RoyMaster4 wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:
:huh: Especially? Spit it out

Can't, it's the dev-specific thing. *Points to Suli*

:O_o:

Soulful wrote:
but... what exactly music genre does Cleod go into?

Whatever comes to mind

Kittenpuncher wrote:
Lolwut
Music requires talent and hard work, whilst creating games involves using time, not necessarily being difficult.

:huh:
Hey, making a game has it's difficulties that go hand-in-hand with time consumption which is why it's tough. And while music can be tough it mostly relies on what the writer feels.

ShadowRenza wrote:
thanks for the update :) appreciate it Cleod9 and I listened to that piece of music you uploaded, and I think its great, I really like it, it is now my fave music you uploaded so far! :D

anyways I hope you doing well in you daily life & education life as well, keep up the great work :)

[ Image ]

Woo! A favorite! :D

TID+ wrote:
Oh crap I forgot he said music every week. Can't wait! So, is this music update every week going to be the "Movement" series? If so I can't wait, that was really good. I honestly don't have critz.

Nah probably saving the other movements for later. I want to mix it up a bit

iKinkajou wrote:
THANK GOD an update! Nice Music!
BTW do you put the updates on the home page or on the forums first?

Same time ;)

MultiSenhor wrote:
The song... it sounds like Flowering Night (Scarlet Weather Rhapsody version), Sakuya Izayoi's (or w/e) theme.

Not my favorite of yours, but I like it, it is more like what I was trying to force you to do.

And, your course in college, is it Music?

Devs music eh, good you're doing songs for SSF2, I wonder how it sounds, and I can assume what it is for, or at least I can give a good speculation.

And again, don't listen to the noobs, if it wasn't you, taking your time to do that and to make it better (and the devs yelling at you), there wouldn't be SSF2, I'd just be frustrated if it isn't worth it, I mean, disregarding the time you need for college, it is taking a bit long; a good AI, stage fixes, working throws and items is what should be here at least.
Besides, I'm not upset, I kinda like it because so I may think less about SSF2 and focus in other stuff, and I may get around spriting something for the game, also, you'll be less stressed while making the demo and it probably will help you to get it right.

EDIT:
AND DON'T FORGET THE ITEM SWITCHER OR ELSE WE WILL GET REALLY MAD WITH YOU, please.

Hm, never heard that piece before but I like it!

And yes I'm in college for music (and taking a few courses for comp sci for minor or potential double major). It's the extra courses where the problem lies. But I need to take them, and it should make my upcoming semesters easier.

(And yes Item Switch, I know)

0redyoshi0 wrote:
ykcir00222 wrote:
I can't wait to go to college it seems less boring than middle school and nice song

how can something with more homework be less boring...

You get less quantity-wise, but assignments can be time consuming due to the difficulty or level of quality that needs to be put into it

Playat wrote:
I had a feeling that your progression with the game was gonna slow down, cleod.
Anyway good luck with this semester. On a side note, does you check the submit animation archive every now and then?

I do check the place to make sure it doesn't get spammed too much, but yeah I know it's a mess

DVDV wrote:
What course is being done and how long have you been doing it?

Course? Singular? :lol:

hornet wrote:
*sigh* Oh well, I guess I'll have a good christmas present then... About how far is Cleod in the total game (not the demo)? His signature says 8%, but surely it's more than that. Unless this game is even bigger than I thought.

It's tough to estimate, since what should count as a %? I'll start updating it again after we get little farther along

The An Hero of Time wrote:
Will the progress be quicker after the 1st?

No kidding, that's when the hiatus ends because my schedule opens up

RoyMaster4 wrote:
Not that fast. This month and a lot of last month, progress was just way too slow and he was getting nowhere. November will be a bit fast, but probably not fast enough. At least, that's my guess.
(You guys have as much information as we devs do at this point...)

Won't be nearly as fast at summer but I should finally start seeing some results

---------------

Any further questions/comments, feel free to PM me or send an email

:lock:

Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:06 am
 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6