The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:53 pm

[ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 23  Next
Zelda 

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Starkiller2 wrote:
Shine! wrote:
Starkiller2 wrote:
It's a good thing Zelda's grab range is bad and she is slow, if grabs were easy for her to get she wouldn't have a hard time at all getting free lightning kicks.

Actually TSON said Zelda's grab has pretty good range but it's also one of the slower ones in the game.

Ah ok. Zelda is also slow herself, that also makes grabs hard to get.

Not really, Zelda can grab an opponent out of dash attack just as easily as she can utilt or land a lightning kick. Also alot of times if I miss hitting the reappearance explosion on FW the opponent is usually close enough I can grab them. Which is easy since Zelda's grab is pretty long, it also helps when you're playing defensively. I:E: Like grabbing Marth over the ledge when he hits you're shield with his Up spec. But yeah I see what you're saying, Zelda doesn't have as many raw grab opprotunities as say Fox. So she has to work harder and rely on reads more.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:25 pm
YIM

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Shine wrote:
I wouldn't really call it too op since there are quite a few characters who's bthrows can KO. Like Black Mage, Ness, and Megaman. Zelda's always had a good throw game in general tho. Bthrow KOs, Fthrow forces people under the ledge, Uthrow can chaingrab(only works on Fox and Falcon), and Dthrow leads to BAir.
Megaman's Bthrow kills at 90%. Black Mage's Bthrow kills at 120%, and with DI, Ness's Bthrow doesn't KO until 140%. Zelda's can kill at 70%, so it's in a league of its own.

And I don't think Ichigo vs. Zelda is 60:40; probably a bit worst than that. Zelda is very helpess to stop or punish Ichi's Up-special or opening strings into that attack to keep Ichigo safe.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:44 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I think the more pertinent question is not the percentages that throws kill, but what throw combos can kill at. DK's fthrow -> fair trumps all of these throws. Having throws that can kill early doesn't really stand out among really good kill moves.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:46 pm

Zalozis wrote:
Megaman's Bthrow kills at 90%. Black Mage's Bthrow kills at 120%, and with DI, Ness's Bthrow doesn't KO until 140%. Zelda's can kill at 70%, so it's in a league of its own.

And I don't think Ichigo vs. Zelda is 60:40; probably a bit worst than that. Zelda is very helpess to stop or punish Ichi's Up-special or opening strings into that attack to keep Ichigo safe.

Damn, it sucks to know Ness got his bthrow nerfed. He's on my to learn list but he's looking kinda meh.
Anyways I think the only rare cases where bthrow KOs at 70% is if your opponent doesn't DI or you're vsing Kirbs or Jiggs. Other than that I don't really see a problem with it.

And you're probs right about the Ichigo MU even though I find Zelda has a very easy time taking stocks from him very early(his recovery lol) this is one of the MUs where anything bad you do to him, he can do bad things to you +more. He's seriously op against a majority of the cast. But if you're having problems with his upB I usually do this.

1)If you're above Ichigo(and if you're not and you don't get sucked into the hitbox jump above him.) while he uses his upB take advantage of the windbox and thank god you're not in the hitbox. After upB ends and Ichigo's in cooldown use Faore's Wind to teleport directly down to explode him in the face.
2)If you're on the ground and he uses/spams his upB and you magically get sucked into the hitbox due to the windbox don't panic. DI towards Ichigo, and once his upB is on cooldown use Faore's Wind and hit him with the ribbon. Simply aim left or right and escape.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:03 pm
YIM

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Zalozis wrote:
Shine wrote:
I wouldn't really call it too op since there are quite a few characters who's bthrows can KO. Like Black Mage, Ness, and Megaman. Zelda's always had a good throw game in general tho. Bthrow KOs, Fthrow forces people under the ledge, Uthrow can chaingrab(only works on Fox and Falcon), and Dthrow leads to BAir.

I think Ichigo honestly counters almost everyone now, except maybe Link or Samus.

And Ness is actually really good, you can actually counter Peach's aerial game with his. He's pretty fast and mindgame like.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:06 am
BR Member

I'd say Ichi has more bad MU's then you would think. The fact that he's combo fodder means that a lot of characters can juggle him for days, and he has a poor recovery. Black Mage can fair -> fair near the edge and kill at insane percents, for example. Back on topic: I think Zelda has a slight disadvantage against Ichigo, but I think Din's Fire can attack Ichigo when he's safe from melee attacks and Ichigo has a tough time once Zelda lands a hit.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Last edited by TheCodeSamurai on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:04 am

MGN Username: sparty88
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
Zalozis wrote:
Shine wrote:

I think Ichigo honestly counters almost everyone now, except maybe Link or Samus.

Agreed. The book on how to beat him looks fine on paper but doesn't translate like everyone thinks. Regardless, Ichi is just a really lame dude to play against. People barely use his set because you don't have to. I haven't even faced any lately so maybe people are growing sick of him.

I also agree with what TheCodeSamurai said about DK's fthrow>fair. That is waaaay too easy of a setup, not to mention his bthrow kills super low, too.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:19 am

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
Starkiller2 wrote:
Shine! wrote:
Starkiller2 wrote:
It's a good thing Zelda's grab range is bad and she is slow, if grabs were easy for her to get she wouldn't have a hard time at all getting free lightning kicks.

Actually TSON said Zelda's grab has pretty good range but it's also one of the slower ones in the game.

Ah ok. Zelda is also slow herself, that also makes grabs hard to get.

My Zelda is fast~

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:00 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
I think Zelda has a slight disadvantage against Ichigo, but I think Din's Fire can attack Ichigo when he's safe from melee attacks and Ichigo has a tough time once Zelda lands a hit.

Ya I'd say this MU is in slight disadvantage for Zelda. As much trouble as Ichi gives Zelda on getting in, one mistake can cost him a stock. This is especially due to Ichi's recovery being terrible. He can only choose to go vertical or horizontal once Zelda knocks him off stage, and most of the time he'll be under the ledge so his side spec is usually never an option. It also helps that most of Zelda's kill moves are horizontal with good hitsun(Bthrow, Lightning Kicks, Dsmash).
So in the end I'd say the MU would be 60:40/65:35 but not anything unwinnable like Ichi vs. Jiggs.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:38 pm
YIM
BR Member

Unlike many characters, Zelda doesn't really need to get in. Just stay out of s-spec range and fair waveland range, and you can Din's Fire for days. Ichigo v Jiggz isn't totally unwinnable IMHO, but I'll leave that for another time.

Does dthrow -> bair kill earlier than bthrow?

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:59 pm

Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
But if you're both a far distance outside each others' ranges, that means Ichigo can safely Side-Special/Dash-Attack through Dins. Those attacks have more priorities on the projectile and Ichigo will closed the distance to at least a mid-range.

YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive

Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:47 pm

MGN Username: Taliesin
Currently Playing: Final fantasy 13. Dragon quest 9
Zalozis wrote:
But if you're both a far distance outside each others' ranges, that means Ichigo can safely Side-Special/Dash-Attack through Dins. Those attacks have more priorities on the projectile and Ichigo will closed the distance to at least a mid-range.

I think that's where Farore's Wind, Comes in handy, It has a decent kockback if you can land right on your opponent, and Ichigos charge attacks are really no match for how quick Farore's wind is. Its also really hard to predict if Zelda is fleeing from the attack, aiming to land on you and start a combo, (like with her amazing Dsmash), or if she's bluffing and staying on the spot.If Ichigo is going for his 'Getsuga Tenshō' The startup and slow movement speed is useless against Nayru's Love. However, I've only played against a few HUMAN Ichigos so,I think I might be wrong.

Image Image SSF2 Mains : Ness, Blackmage, Zelda,
SSF2hopefuls: I don't know how about Black mage from Final Fantasy OH WAIT.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:47 am

So I found a use for Nayru's Love, in place of nair as an approach option against projectile zoning characters.(Samus, Link, Naruto, Megaman) It's so satisfying reflecting a missle at samus then having her eat the shards from Nayru's.

Also found out Zelda can Dtilt -> Grab.

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Does dthrow -> bair kill earlier than bthrow?

Also to clarify most of Zelda's gaurenteed Bair set ups don't kill, since they(Ftilt, Dthrow) scale drastically with % and can't lead to sweetspot bair after around 40-50%. Although Dash Attack can still lead into Bair at varying percents but this is very situational pending on which part of dash attack you hit with and opponent weight.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:28 pm
YIM

Most of Zelda's guaranteed setups aren't really guaranteed. Most are really depended on percent and DI, so she to guess on the DI option most times.

Shine, we need to play a Zelda mirror sometime. I've played mirrors with Doqtor Kirby, who's probably 2nd best, Tham Heartstrings, who probably the best Zelda (outside of myself).

Here's one of the mirrors.
YouTube Video:

YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive

Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:30 am

MGN Username: StarrTheSquirrel
Currently Playing: Smash Flash 2, Dishonored, Will be playing SSB4 soon
Is there any major difference in zelda's F-air and b-air? Like, is one more effective than the other in any way like knockback or damage?

Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:40 pm
 [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 23  Next