The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:44 pm

[ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
Falco 

MGN Username: EaglePie
Currently Playing: Melee/PM, SSF2, FEH
Waifu: ...idc
yamnow wrote:
i dont like meele stuff, is unfair
:twisted:
I'm extremely triggered.

Brawl: Sheik, Meta Knight
Project M: Falco, Roy, Mewtwo
Smash Flash 2: Falco, Captain Falcon, Marth, Fox, Pichu
Smash 4: Roy, Dr. Mario
Ultimate: Lucina

Currently working on my own Smash Java project as a hobby

Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:18 pm

MGN Username: EaglePie
Currently Playing: Melee/PM, SSF2, FEH
Waifu: ...idc
TheBeep wrote:
Limiting our options a bit more will force Falco players to play less Addydaddy

and more like PPMD

maybe a side of Mango who knows lul

But.... I love addydaddy. Shinin' till he starts cryin'
:fox:

Brawl: Sheik, Meta Knight
Project M: Falco, Roy, Mewtwo
Smash Flash 2: Falco, Captain Falcon, Marth, Fox, Pichu
Smash 4: Roy, Dr. Mario
Ultimate: Lucina

Currently working on my own Smash Java project as a hobby

Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:24 pm

MGN Username: DatSanicFan
Currently Playing: I'm poor so I can't afford games
Waifu: Cory Baxter
You know after looking at all the falco gameplay we've received so far I've been thinking...

Why not give falco the ability to use upb after phantasm(sideb)?

I'm giving this suggestion because his upb range is good for when you've been knocked off the stage and are close to it but your stock is practically gone if you survive attacks @ high percentage plus this also gives him more mixups on his recovery game so all and all i believe this would be a pretty nice way to buff falco and give him even more of that smash4/melee feel and look.

Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:09 pm

MGN Username: thebeep41
Currently Playing: Void Els, BnS, AK, DFO, GA2, and SSF2
It was hard to make a response to this suggestion, but it's not like my opinion really matters in the gist of all things suggestion-wise.

I'm not too sure about letting Falco do so, as his vertical distance doesn't get helped whatsoever if you let him use it anyway.
You know how getting onto the stage from the top isn't so hard to do, compared to on the ground level and below.
The only way I'd find it useful to do, is when I'm at ground level and I'm not sure on getting back onstage without a little boost.
Because that's what Fire Bird really is-a little push.

Also, if it were to act like Sm4sh, Falco would have to decend a little before going back up.
The distance of Fire Bird.. Yeah no. At least in Sm4sh, nearly every recovery has good range and and easily clips to ledges. From some of the clips I've seen, a stage like Battlefield has a pretty small ledge grab and getting to it would be tough with only 8 directions.

Remember too, Falco's a glass cannon. I don't expect this to be too broken if added, but buffing a rushdown/all-or-nothing type of character just kinda ruins some of the tension handed to you.

Man. Been trying to keep the excitement going, but..

Damn, these forums dry as a mug.
Well, until we get the release or new content revealed before it, that's when we'll actually get excited, I guess.
or maybe because people have lives and i'm wasting my highschool life searching up new beta content :blackmage:

"Because if you were truly tired of it, you would've done something about it."

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
:idea: :ichigo: :chibirobo: :captainfalcon: :link: :bomberman: :sheik: :idea:
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:06 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
DatSanicFan wrote:
You know after looking at all the falco gameplay we've received so far I've been thinking...
I'm giving this suggestion because his upb range is good for when you've been knocked off the stage and are close to it but your stock is practically gone if you survive attacks @ high percentage plus this also gives him more mixups on his recovery game so all and all i believe this would be a pretty nice way to buff falco and give him even more of that smash4/melee feel and look.

:yoshi: This isn't brawl; Minus

Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:08 pm

MGN Username: Not telling you
dragonballhero wrote:
I was REALLY hoping for his Brawl/Smash 4 Reflector... :( :( :(

To be truly honest, you shouldn't have. His Melee reflector may have less range than SSBB/Sm4sh, but not only can you pop them up for a good combo-starter, but it also has little to no endlag what-so-ever. This means you can essentially multi-shine whenever you are on the ground. Hallelujah, Melee's Reflector!

"Hands off my bread!" -Falco

Mains
:link: :marth: :naruto:

Secondaries
:ness: :mario: :zelda: :sheik:

Upcoming Main (Not in SSF2 Yet, but mained in SSB4)
:luigi:

Secondaries:
:ness: :mario: :zelda: :sheik: :zerosuitsamus:

Plausible/Upcoming Mains/Secondaries in Beta:
:luigi: :falco: :bandanadee: :sandbag: :luffy:

Melee Mains:
Luigi, Marth, Roy, Link, Young Link

Secondaries:
Mario, Dr.Mario, Ness, Falco

I am mostly a low tier person

SO DON'T QUESTION ME.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:53 pm

MGN Username: [BANNED]
Currently Playing: SSF2TAS
xXJoeyTheTrickyXx wrote:
but it also has little to no endlag what-so-ever. This means you can essentially multi-shine whenever you are on the ground.

I'm not entirely sure you know what a multishine is...

Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:30 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
TheBeep wrote:
It was hard to make a response to this suggestion, but it's not like my opinion really matters in the gist of all things suggestion-wise.

I'm not too sure about letting Falco do so, as his vertical distance doesn't get helped whatsoever if you let him use it anyway.
You know how getting onto the stage from the top isn't so hard to do, compared to on the ground level and below.
The only way I'd find it useful to do, is when I'm at ground level and I'm not sure on getting back onstage without a little boost.
Because that's what Fire Bird really is-a little push.

Also, if it were to act like Sm4sh, Falco would have to decend a little before going back up.
The distance of Fire Bird.. Yeah no. At least in Sm4sh, nearly every recovery has good range and and easily clips to ledges. From some of the clips I've seen, a stage like Battlefield has a pretty small ledge grab and getting to it would be tough with only 8 directions.

Remember too, Falco's a glass cannon. I don't expect this to be too broken if added, but buffing a rushdown/all-or-nothing type of character just kinda ruins some of the tension handed to you.

Man. Been trying to keep the excitement going, but..

Damn, these forums dry as a mug.
Well, until we get the release or new content revealed before it, that's when we'll actually get excited, I guess.
or maybe because people have lives and i'm wasting my highschool life searching up new beta content :blackmage:

I wouldn't really call Falco a glasd cannon.

He is also isn't a rush down character like Fox is, since he lacks the mobility.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:19 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
MaskofTruth wrote:
DatSanicFan wrote:

But he still has that ability in SSB4.

Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:35 am

Kirb-Star wrote:
MaskofTruth wrote:
DatSanicFan wrote:

The reason why he mentioned Brawl Minus is because everything in that game is broken. Giving Falco his Sm4sh recovery would break him.

The only reason why his recovery isnt broken in Sm4sh is because of the prominent role recovery plays in that game, along with how good most recoveries are in that game. Offstage game is very important to Sm4sh, more so than other titles, so a character with bad recovery in Sm4sh is guaranteed not to do well (See "Little Mac"). Because of this, Sm4sh Kirby's recovery isnt as impressive as it was in Brawl.
Offstage game in SSF2 is more similar to how it was in Melee. There are no ledge trumps. There aren't footstools. Ledgehogging is a thing. Because of this, gimping is much more risky in this game with certain characters, however, to gimp, you often don't have to go offstage. You often simply have to grab the ledge before your opponent can, making going in deep having the same reward with a higher risk and being an unnecessary option. Because of this, there is little to no need for a particularly good recovery.
Giving Falco such a good recovery, especially with his impressive off-stage game, would give him not only great neutral, punish, and off-stage game, but it would break his off-stage game and make his recovery, which is his only true weakness, broken due to the sheer amount of options that one would have to cover when gimping, along with how risky trying to gimp him would be with all of his tools and options for punishing a failed gimp.

Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:36 am

Happyfrozenfire wrote:
Kirb-Star wrote:
MaskofTruth wrote:
DatSanicFan wrote:

The reason why he mentioned Brawl Minus is because everything in that game is broken. Giving Falco his Sm4sh recovery would break him.

The only reason why his recovery isnt broken in Sm4sh is because of the prominent role recovery plays in that game, along with how good most recoveries are in that game. Offstage game is very important to Sm4sh, more so than other titles, so a character with bad recovery in Sm4sh is guaranteed not to do well (See "Little Mac"). Because of this, Sm4sh Kirby's recovery isnt as impressive as it was in Brawl.
Offstage game in SSF2 is more similar to how it was in Melee. There are no ledge trumps. There aren't footstools. Ledgehogging is a thing. Because of this, gimping is much more risky in this game with certain characters, however, to gimp, you often don't have to go offstage. You often simply have to grab the ledge before your opponent can, making going in deep having the same reward with a higher risk and being an unnecessary option. Because of this, there is little to no need for a particularly good recovery.
Giving Falco such a good recovery, especially with his impressive off-stage game, would give him not only great neutral, punish, and off-stage game, but it would break his off-stage game and make his recovery, which is his only true weakness, broken due to the sheer amount of options that one would have to cover when gimping, along with how risky trying to gimp him would be with all of his tools and options for punishing a failed gimp.

I do see this side of not wanting to give Falco his smash 4 recovery.

TSON says its the camera, but it looks like their is larger distance from the main platform to the blast zone now. That would truly hurt Falco with Firebird being Brawl distance.

I have fought Falco in smash 4, its still possible to gimp him and have him resort to use firebird.

Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:05 am

Lord doughnut wrote:
Happyfrozenfire wrote:
Kirb-Star wrote:
MaskofTruth wrote:
DatSanicFan wrote:

I do see this side of not wanting to give Falco his smash 4 recovery.

TSON says its the camera, but it looks like their is larger distance from the main platform to the blast zone now. That would truly hurt Falco with Firebird being Brawl distance.

I have fought Falco in smash 4, its still possible to gimp him and have him resort to use firebird.

The only problem is that the SSF2 cast doesn't have the tools to gimp a Sm4sh-esque recovery. A good Kirby is ungimpable (Unless the gimper is Kirby). Beta Megaman will most likely be ungimpable. Black Mage, unless you play a character that actually can go deep to gimp (Kirby, Black Mage, and no one else), is virtually ungimpable in .9b. Nonetheless, they still have weaknesses to balance them out, such as Kirby being easy to kill, Megaman being combo food or Black Mage having enough endlag on his moves to be easily punishable. Falco's weakness that balances him out IS his recovery. Making that overpowered would break him.
Besides, stop saying the blast zones are bigger lol. If Tson says it's the camera, it's the camera.

Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:30 pm

That's what it looks like and TSON has been wrong before lol.

What do you mean the cast doesn't have the tools to gimp a smash 4 recovery? We can still gimp Falco by sending him to far away or send him at an angle that he would forced to use fire bird.

His recovery wouldn't be overpowered because its Falco, not Fox.

We already have strong recoveries such as ZSS, Mario and Zelda. Also, unlike Smash 4, we can edge hog unlike in smash 4.

So attacks that can send him a semi spike angle will be deadly to him or even a weak meteor smash or spike would be more then enough.

Falco is combo food, has a weak recovery and easy to kill, horizontally, from my studies, it will take him a while to die vertically.

Edit:

Thinking about the smash 4 esqe recovery thing, well Pit has his smash 4 recovery, PAC-MAN has his recovery and Bandana's recovery has been getting the most flak right now, but I wouldn't see that as busted until encountering what options I have against the recovery myself.

Looks like we have to adapt to what our opponents recovery can do.

Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:52 pm

Lord doughnut wrote:

What do you mean the cast doesn't have the tools to gimp a smash 4 recovery? We can still gimp Falco by sending him to far away or send him at an angle that he would forced to use fire bird.

We already have strong recoveries such as ZSS, Mario and Zelda. Also, unlike Smash 4, we can edge hog unlike in smash 4.

So attacks that can send him a semi spike angle will be deadly to him or even a weak meteor smash or spike would be more then enough.

Falco is combo food, has a weak recovery and easy to kill, horizontally, from my studies, it will take him a while to die vertically.

Edit:

Thinking about the smash 4 esqe recovery thing, well Pit has his smash 4 recovery, PAC-MAN has his recovery and Bandana's recovery has been getting the most flak right now, but I wouldn't see that as busted until encountering what options I have against the recovery myself.

Look, I'm not saying that it's bad for (insert character here) to have a Sm4sh recovery. I'm saying it's bad for FALCO to because his main weakness is supposed to be his recovery. Giving him an overpowered recovery would break him as a character due to the fact that he has no weaknesses. Sure, we could send him down to cone of the bottom corners of the screen, but there are no characters with a spike at that angle. Sure, he could be spiked directly downwards, but how many characters can consistently spike directly downwards without dying themselves?
The fact still stands that he should only be able to use illusion or firebird for recovery. His illusion spikes you, so imagine if you went deep horizontally to gimp, only to get spiked to your doom.

One last thing: Mario's recovery is absolute s***. Stop dissing my boy TSON if you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:26 am

Happyfrozenfire wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:

Edit:

Look, I'm not saying that it's bad for (insert character here) to have a Sm4sh recovery. I'm saying it's bad for FALCO to because his main weakness is supposed to be his recovery. Giving him an overpowered recovery would break him as a character due to the fact that he has no weaknesses. Sure, we could send him down to cone of the bottom corners of the screen, but there are no characters with a spike at that angle. Sure, he could be spiked directly downwards, but how many characters can consistently spike directly downwards without dying themselves?
The fact still stands that he should only be able to use illusion or firebird for recovery. His illusion spikes you, so imagine if you went deep horizontally to gimp, only to get spiked to your doom.

One last thing: Mario's recovery is absolute s***. Stop dissing my boy TSON if you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Didn't I just put out his other weaknesses and now you are saying that he has no weakness? Cool, you are also acting like he wouldn't be un edge guardable or easy to gimp with smash 4 recovery. Not sure what you're talking about when you say it will break his recovery.

Semi-spikes send you at angles or using weak knockback attacks will make you fall a bit instead of a strong attack that sends you up.

You know their is a difference between a meteor smash and a spike, right?

Its called the Falco phantasm. That's a risk a lot players make.

Mario's recovery is one of the best for a non multi jumper, do you even know what you're talking about?

Also, I am not sure if TSON knows you exist or has even talked to you so I don't think he is your boy.

Edit:
Just saw your edited post in the SSF2 questions thread. That's pathetic to edit a post a few days later just to get smart with someone.

Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:56 am
 [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next