The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 9:56 pm

[ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Do you believe in Time Travel? 

In all seriousness now, I think its not fully possible.

People say that by running at the speed of light, you'll travel through time, how is that possible? In my opinion, if you run almost as fast as light's speed, time doesn't slow down, you just "see" things moving slower because the "frames per second" the human eye catches lower as well. And if you run at light's speed, time does not freeze, you just constantly see the same lightbeam. And if you run faster than light's speed, time does not go backwards, you just outrun lightbeams and see stuff as they were before. The moment you stop running, or whatever, you are still in the present and didn't time travel at all.

There is also this thing called Time Dilation, that when you travel fast, time goes slower on ''Earth''. Now slowing down the flow of time is not going to suddenly change to another point in time.

Now, there is another theory that might be true.
It says that the past is something definitive unlike the future. You can't go back to it, or alter it merely because it doesn't exist anymore. And if you do manage to go back in time, then that means that the future is also definitive. Someone must've seen your current self in the past, which means that the future is predictable.
And if somehow this is contradicted, then that must mean that a future already exists, and we are the past, making the time travelling point greater for us. Then people from the future could come and travel to the past and tell us about it, but it certainly hasn't happened yet, and if it does, we will think he is a crazy maniac and he will die here with us. How will he get here anyway?

tl;dr:
I don't believe Time Traveling is possible, what do you think?

Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:33 am

It's impossible to go in the speed of light, thus time travel is impossible. Just thinking about it is just ridiculous and it makes you think of paradoxes.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:42 am

You can't go at the speed of light, because accelerating anything but light to the speed of the light is impossible.
Basically, I also think it's s***.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:49 am

Currently Playing: The Game
We think that the speed of light is the absolute speed limit. If we break the speed of light, who knows what will happen. Well actually, I think time travel is possible. Mostly due to time dilation though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation

Have a read.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:57 am

Thaiberium wrote:
We think that the speed of light is the absolute speed limit. If we break the speed of light, who knows what will happen.

But in all seriousness, I think it's already proven, but not with psysical objects, they proved it with data.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:26 am

Waifu: I'm married
I think traveling in the past is possible, but there's no possible way to change what happens.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:17 am
YIM WWW

No way, Aka IMPOSSIBLE-WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

Once upon a time... Animals were telling each other jokes all of them laughed except the donkey, And in the next day they found the donkey laughing and when they asked him for the reason he said "I understood yesterday's joke."

Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:42 am

Captain Blueballs wrote:
I think traveling in the past is possible, but there's no possible way to change what happens.

There is a theory, that if you ever time travel back in time you cannot end up in your dimension. You enter a paralel dimension where you can do anything without fear of paradox. In addition you can't travel back to a time before the time machine was created, meaning you can't go back to now or before, because there isn't a time machine around.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:22 am

I believe that Time Travel is halfway possible. That is, we can only travel forward in time, not back. If you go fast enough, the theory is that you'll actually go forward in time, but with no way back.

Also, if backwards time traveling was possible with no problems, we would have known by now.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:49 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
RoyMaster4 wrote:
I believe that Time Travel is halfway possible. That is, we can only travel forward in time, not back. If you go fast enough, the theory is that you'll actually go forward in time, but with no way back.

Also, if backwards time traveling was possible with no problems, we would have known by now.

What about wormholes?

Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:27 pm

According to a theory,if you manage to travel in the speed of light time actually goes slower for you,or at least it seems to do so.If you keep travelling in the speed of light for,let's say,20 years your body will be like before you started travelling.

If we can't reach lightspeed,that's because fotons,which travel in the speed of light,have no mass at all.

That is kinda weird too,because according to the formula E=m*c*c they wouldn't produce energy at all,yet they do(light)

Click Here...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18290&p=573585#p573585

Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:49 pm

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden III
Yes, I am currently travelling forwards in time.

Aside from that, I doubt it will ever happen

Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:20 pm

IMO, it is possible, but we'll never figure out how.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:00 pm

i think its possible only no human can travel at the speed of light making it impossible to actually do. I f scientist come up with a invention that can make human go at the speed of light then i'm sure its possible to at least go into the future

Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:13 pm

There is a theory that if a person ever reaches speed of light, he/she will turn into particles.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:16 pm
 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next