The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:41 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 2525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 169  Next
Sonic the Hedgehog 
BR Member

Watch them have a bunch of levels from spin-off titles.

Also when i was younger i was designing a Sonic The Fighters 2 on pencil instead of doing school work :p
This included like game mechanics and fleshed out movelists and s***.
Looking back at it I think I had some decent ideas going. Doesn't make me cringe like most of the s*** i did back then.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:32 pm

Fed2Ex wrote:
Watch them have a bunch of levels from spin-off titles.

what part of "it isn't literally going to be Generations 2" didn't you get lol

It'll probably be a new game that plays like Generations did, but if it was actually Generations 2 they would have just straight up announced it as that instead of teasing

also Generations was made to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Sonic. this new game isn't out until next year, so unless a 26th anniversary is something for a big celebration now, it's not going to be Generations 2

Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:14 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
the leader of the bunch wrote:
also Generations was made to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Sonic. this new game isn't out until next year, so unless a 26th anniversary is something for a big celebration now, it's not going to be Generations 2
you're right otherwise but you know I have to point out that Generations doesn't have to be exclusively released as an anniversary celebration

Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:49 am

Waifu: your dad
there's people who are like "ugh why are they playing it so safe"

when they try new things, we get s*** like sonic having a sword

or turning into an even furrier sonic

or shadow the hedgehog having a gun

I'll take a polished, well executed rehash over them trying to be original any day

Besides, the game isn't literally going to be Generations 2. They have plenty of opportunities to have level-specific gimmicks and stuff like that instead of one that covers the whole game

i completely agree with you here, if they play it safe and are able to produce a great game using the same traits that everyone liked from generations, it gives them more opportunity in the future to be able to try making original games again, as long as they create consistent games that are all decent quality first, they can go all out with whatever the f*** they want to do later

Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:41 am

Currently Playing: Apple
Waifu: Apple
Sonic has never had a stable 3D game style because they change things too much every new game. if they stick with the Current boost to win style I'm sure they will eventually get it down enough to expand on it and make it more than just Boost to win.

I AM APPLE

Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:37 pm

Sonic '06 was originally meant to celebrate Sonic's 16th anniversary. It only camd out for the 15th anniversary because Sega forced Sonic Team to release it a year before it was ready so that they could cash in on the milestone.

I'm pretty sure that Sonic 2017, as they're calling it, is the real milestone game along with Sonic Mania. I mean, Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice is sure as hell not worthy of being the 25th anniversary milestone game. (Unless by "milestone" you mean the absolute lowest point of the franchise...)

Last edited by Devon on Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:01 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Devon wrote:
(Unless by "milestone" you mean the absolute lowest point of the franchise...)
uh

are you serious?

Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:14 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
Devon wrote:
Sonic '06 was originally meant to celebrate Sonic's 16th anniversary. It only camd out for the 15th anniversary because Sega forced Sonic Team to release it a year before it was ready so that they could cash in on the milestone.

I'm pretty sure that Sonic 2017, as they're calling it, is the real milestone game along with Sonic Mania. I mean, Sonic Boom is sure as hell not a milestone game. (Unless by "milestone" you mean the absolute lowest point of the franchise...)

I can believe Boom was released to celebrate it's own failure

Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:17 pm

Term wrote:
Devon wrote:
(Unless by "milestone" you mean the absolute lowest point of the franchise...)
uh

are you serious?

About Sonic Boom being the absolute lowest point of the Sonic franchise? Yes, I am.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:23 pm

Devon wrote:

The f*** are you even talking about? The entire reason the game has the confusing name of just "Sonic the Hedgehog" was because it was intended to be a 15th anniversary celebration game. The problems it had in development don't change that.

I feel like you made this post just so you could show everyone you know how to use the superscript tags

Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:40 pm

Devon wrote:

The f*** are you even talking about? The entire reason the game has the confusing name of just "Sonic the Hedgehog" was because it was intended to be a 15th anniversary celebration game. The problems it had in development don't change that.

I feel like you made this post just so you could show everyone you know how to use the superscript tags

Wait, s***. You're right. Somic '06 was always meant to be a 15th anniversary game.

Well now I just feel stupid...

Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:11 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
Crow Riolu wrote:
Devon wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Sonic 2017, as they're calling it, is the real milestone game along with Sonic Mania. I mean, Sonic Boom is sure as hell not a milestone game. (Unless by "milestone" you mean the absolute lowest point of the franchise...)

I can believe Boom was released to celebrate it's own failure

The show and Shattered Crystal (3DS) weren't bad.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:33 pm

Kirb-Star wrote:
The show and Shattered Crystal (3DS) weren't bad.

Shattered Crystal wasn't good either. The constant forced backtracking made the game tedious as a whole,
The cartoon is definitely the most tolerable thing about the Sonic Boom series but that's really not saying much. The trailer had a lot of promise but what we actually got was just a really bad joke. Instead of what the trailer had us believe... we have Eggman baking ‘evil cookies’ to brainwash Sonic's friends...

Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:10 pm

Currently Playing: Apple
Waifu: Apple
i just really hope after this next season and the 2nd game that Boom just ends

I AM APPLE

Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:07 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
They've definitely been trying hard to push it as an Alt Universe Sonic thingy but I just don't think people like it as much as the main universe.

But just watch as Boom Sonic shows up in Sonic 2017 alongside Classic Sonic and Sonic.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:01 am
 [ 2525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 169  Next