The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:25 am

[ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
Wayward Winds 

As Raleigh made his way to the shipyard, he noticed some goings on among some of the folks he had seen in the bar. He saw the man he had been talking to just moments ago enter a shop and come out with a ton of unnecessary junk. As Raleigh entered the shipyard, he began to look around for this Captain Avigo guy Lenard had been talking about.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:11 pm
Site Moderator

OOC: Zesper, are you okay now? And I apologize for this bump.

Sun May 03, 2009 3:05 am

Currently Playing: Zero Time Dilemma
OoC: Zesper, as usual, is too lazy to make a post. I would post for him, but he hasn't fully informed me of the direction we are taking from this point. When my character enters the story, I will probably be able to advance the RP when he is unable or unwilling to.

Sun May 03, 2009 11:42 am

O.O.C.
________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry for the delay... I'm a bawdy little monkey...

Setting
Port Town: Outside shipyard gates
Noon: Sunny
________________________________________________________________________________
As the sun rose to it's peak in the sky, the city too, rose to the peak of it's busyness. People crammed into taverns and shops to avoid the hottest part of the day while street vendors began selling drinks to anyone that was still outside. Soon, the last of the crew arrived at the gates to wait for their captain. As the minutes rolled by, there was still no sign of Avigo, and the heat was beginning to become unbearable. Just as the group was starting to think they had been stood up, a loud, strained "Oy!" caught them off guard. Underneath a large, burlap sack filled with various bottles and packages was their captain, obviously straining under the weight. With a heave, he threw the sack at the odd man wearing the helmet (Ari), who nearly dropped it from being caught off guard. Doubled over, Wheezing, Avigo spluttered "My... apologies... for... 'aving you wait..., but *cough* I'm sure you can all agree... that shop owners are spawns of the devil... The blighter turned down a perfectly good bottle-opener..." Seeming to regain his composure, he stood up, and re-adjusted his hat. "But I digress." He stated "I 'ave located where our good friends, the privateers, currently are located. In a pub not so far down this road. This way, please."

A few moments later, the group stood across the street from a seedy looking pub, all eyes fixed on the dust stained front window. Inside, the pub had a threatening atmosphere, and all sorts of shady characters filled the booths, more then half of them had a cigar clenched between their teeth. But amongst all the dark and earthy tones of the pub, something managed to stick out like a sore thumb, a group of men in bright blue uniforms. The privateers.
It was obvious that they had been drinking. Some of them sang in off-key tones, while others fought to stay balanced in their stools. It was obvious that they weren't welcome there judging by the venomous looks that people (including the barmaid) gave them, but they carried on anyways, blissfully unaware. By the insignia on the caps that they wore, the privateers were from the kingdom of Luke, most likely sent to enforce the fact that Dasmal was still under it's control. Though it was obvious that they were shaming their kingdom, as one of them tried to get the barmaid to dance with them. "Charming lot, aren't they?" The Captain said, eyes still transfixed on the window. "Though I don't think I look good in blue..."
Crossing his arms, Avigo began to address the crew that stood around him. "The next obvious step from 'ere would be to lure them out of there. Now, I don't think it would be such a dandy idea for all of us to go waltzing in there and bring them out with the promise of sweets. No... One of us will have to go in alone... Hmmm..." Scratching his chin, his eyes wandered from one person to the next. Finally, His eyes settled on the girl, and he nodded in approval. "You" Avigo stated "You will be the one. Now gather around everyone, I 'ave a plan..."

Sun May 03, 2009 2:19 pm

Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Osu!, FTL, Cortex Command, Hearthstone
OOC: I lol'd at the reference to the "Kingdom of Luke".
I also apologize, I haven't been RPing, so my skills, to me, seem awful right now.
IC:
Lenard followed the Captain towards the pub. After the brief introduction to the occupants of the pub and their nature, he took another look at the occupants. They seemed to be weak enough for a quick ambush. In fact, this task seemed easy enough that Lenard wondered if this was supposed to be a challenge. Obeying quickly, he moved closer to the Captain, and awaited his plan.

Sun May 03, 2009 4:20 pm
Site Moderator

"Captigo, would Miss Frost like that?" he had asked, kneeling down, moving closer to him.

OOC: I hate being tired, making me do one-liners...

Sun May 03, 2009 10:09 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Those were military men; untrained, disorderly drunkards that made even Jong's blood boil. Just as the Captain was about to draw up a plan of attack, he butted in.

"With all due respect Captain, I would like to have a word with the men, in my own fashion," he stated dispassionately and added, "If you need them out in the open, I can do that for you as well."

Oh, he was going to have a word with them all right. Perhaps rough up the leader of the lot and toss him outside. Though he was not proficient at melee, they were drunk, and he was sober, armed and ready to end their miserable lives.

Mon May 04, 2009 7:58 am

O.O.C: Yay! You didn't leave us hanging!
I.C:

At last, the good captain, Avigo, had arrived, though, rather tired. Flynt's eyes boggled at the sack, swiveling to watch it, but then realized they were off. The captain had led them to a dilipidated bar, which was full of shady characters. All of them looked aloof, and were very intimidating, as if they would start a fight at the drop of a penny. The room's ambiance was filled with tension. The air inside the room wasn't exactly rosy, either, Flynt realized, coughing slightly. It seemed like all eyes were on them, which made him slightly nervous.

The captain pointed to a noisy, drunken group of privateers, saying something, but Flynt couldn't hear it over the rising din that was coming from them. Not like he needed a hint; Flynt's eyes locked on to the blue uniforms: They were obviously the targets. Flynt couldn't help but chuckle a bit: One of them foolishly tried to get the barmaid to dance with them, but he was given a spiteful look, and was immediately slapped.

Flynt moved within earshot of the Captain, who pointed at the woman whose name he still didn't have. "You," Avigo declared, " You will be the one. Now gather around, everyone... I have a plan-

Avigo was cut off by the Jong man, who started forwards towards the privateers.

"With all due respect, Captain... I would like to have a word with the men, in my own fashion," he growled. "If you need them out in the open, I can do that for you as well.

If looks could kill, Flynt would've dropped dead on the spot. It seemed that Jong detested the drunks. Of course, Flynt didn't really like them at first sight, but that was no excuse to have an argument, or worse, considering Jong's facial expression.

Flynt went over to Jong's side,

"Don't do anything rash!"
Flynt hissed at Jong.

"Listen! If you fight them, they'll be more alert than they are now. How will we set up a trap with a brawl going on? Much less actually get their attention?! You'll also catch the eyes of everyone else here. And what will happen if you get injured?

Flynt took a pause, noting his argumentative voice.

"Follow the plan; you'll deal with them soon enough,"Flynt ended, hoping that Jong would see his way.

Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 am

One of the younger men, Jong believe he was named Flynt or something, tried to reason him out of his course of action. Such was today's youth.

"Watch your tone, boy, I do not appreciate taking advice from someone who I have not seen blooded," he reprimanded though it did serve to make him reflect longer on his plan.

Walk in, greet the leader of the group, break the leader's nose and toss him outside, dragging the rest outside as he walked out. It wasn't a flawless plan, all plans never were, but it'd be better to send in that woman, who seemed to sneer at the thought of working with morally ambiguous characters.

"However," he continued while thinking, "I have not survived this long by ignoring others, so tell me, what would be better than dragging their drunk leader and selves out to a prepared ambush? There are simply too many civilians for me to have a clear line of site from any vantage point I can see from here. A bar brawl taken to the street should clear up some room, don't you think? Of course, the final decision is up to the Captain, including whether they are to be killed or kept alive."

Mon May 04, 2009 12:27 pm
Site Admin

Aneira's patience was wearing thin as the hours went by but the captain eventually returned.The captain was unsurprisingly late, muttering something foolish along the lines of bottle caps, she remained unresponsive as he spoke and followed slightly behind the group as they walked to a less respectful part of Damsel, she despised the place. Only scum inhabited the area, and filthy pirates which were of course below scum. They stopped in front of a seedy looking pub and the captain directed their attention to the window, which they all peered through. It was clear who they were going to take out. Her blood ran cold as one of the privateers attempted to make a barmaid dance with her. Men were always so forceful.

Avigo crossed his arms and began to address the crew that stood around him. "The next obvious step from 'ere would be to lure them out of there. Now, I don't think it would be such a dandy idea for all of us to go waltzing in there and bring them out with the promise of sweets. No... One of us will have to go in alone... Hmmm..." Scratching his chin, his eyes wandered from one person to the next. Finally, His eyes settled on the girl, and he nodded in approval. "You" Avigo stated "You will be the one. Now gather around everyone, I 'ave a plan..."

"Captigo, would Miss Frost like that?" asked one of the men, kneeling down, moving closer to Avigo. Aneira whirled to stare at the man coldly.

"I distinctly remember telling you that my name is Aneira" she said coldly, faint wisps of condensing air escaping from her mouth as she spoke. "Do not forget it, or you shall starve on this journey" She also heard the voice of Jong mentioning something along the lines of going into the bar and dragging them out to be ambushed. Typical men's behaviour, was all she concluded it as. Aneira then returned her attention to the Captain who had been interrupted.

"I am capable of completing whatever you require of me to do Captain." she stated loyally.

Mon May 04, 2009 3:33 pm

O.O.C: Another long post... sorry...
I.C.:

"Watch your tone, boy, I do not appreciate taking advice from someone who I have not seen blooded," was what Flynt heard.

"However," Jong added, "I have not survived this long by ignoring others, so tell me, what would be better than dragging their drunk leader and selves out to a prepared ambush? There are simply too many civilians for me to have a clear line of site from any vantage point I can see from here. A bar brawl taken to the street should clear up some room, don't you think? Of course, the final decision is up to the Captain, including whether they are to be killed or kept alive."

Flynt took a minute to digest Jong's words, and made a mental list of things he knew.

1) Jong was not impressed by Flynt's appearnce, and so he would need to fix that,
2) Jong had fought many times before, but he had taken orders. So, he may have been in an army, military, some sort. Definitely an organized group who did fight.
3) Jong was clever, and perhaps had been in a field of intelligence? This was proved by his well thought out plan, which was made almost immediately upon seeing the men. Quick thinking.

Hmm.

A man's voice. "Captigo, would Miss Frost like that?"
And a reply,
"I distinctly remember telling you that my name is Aneira."
A female voice. Which was the woman whose name he hadn't caught, because it seemed Aneira was the only female on the crew.
"Do not forget it, or you shall starve on this journey."
Flynt got chills hearing her voice. It seemed that, perhaps, she was as distant as Jong was.

After a pause,
"I am capable of completing whatever you require of me to do Captain." she stated.

Flynt thought, then after knowing what he was going to say, he opened his mouth.
"Jong, " Flynt said, (loud enough for the crew to hear if they had very good hearing, but soft enough so that others wouldn't take notice of it)
"I am quite sure you are capable of battle, and your explaination proves that.
"However, as they say, 'There is more than one way to skin a cat.' Your plan is brilliant, yes, but why not listen to the Captain's plan? Is it because it is a woman who shall execute it? Do you think that her skills are not up to par?
"Because, you see, you are not alone. Therefore, you shouldn't act alone, because divided, our individual powers are surely not able to reach our purpose.

"Teamwork. Of course, it does sound... perhaps, less effective, but still, you know that we can do much better working TOGETHER, than individually. Thus, why not hear out the Captain's plan? Aneira seems quite competent. You do not have anything to lose, only time. And these people don't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.
"Even if the Captain's plan doesn't seem good enough, if you would allow us to work with you at YOUR plan, think of how more efficient it would be?

"Working together is the key, and if we do get these fools' clothes, then we will have to spend quite some time mutually, and there will be only so much space then.
"So how about it?"

If Jong were to continue anyways, Flynt would not stop him. Because now, he'd done all he could do, aside from standing in his way, which, of course, would end messy.

So be it.

Wed May 06, 2009 9:27 am

A long tirade from a youth who appeared out of touch with combat. Well, Jong would take the time to listen as it served a great deal to listen to others. Such things separated the living from the dead. Despite the reasonable argument, it almost seems as though the boy was trying to appease him.

"You could be politician," Jong remarked as he mulled over his reply, "It is not a question of trust, nor of skill. The former hard to build, the latter easy to prove, both of which are required for a formation to a degree."

Another pause.

"No, what I meant was a suggestion. I will always defer to the Captain of course, even if he dismisses my input and no matter how outrageous his plans are. Another thing if you haven't noticed, Dasmal's guards are on look out, for who, I have not the interest in, but it would certainly complicate matters if a great show was made."

He took a breath and whispered the last part so that only the two could hear it,

"Anyhow, the reason is partly personal, and perhaps when drink plies it from my lips, you shall know of it."

Wed May 06, 2009 9:58 am

O.O.C:
I.C:

Personal...?
Flynt blinked at the last sentence. He sighed.
Whatever would happen would happen, Jong's suggestion was good enough.
It didn't matter any more, at the rate the men were drinking, in a few hours they might even fall asleep...
That would be dandy.

He gave a little smirk,

"Politician, eh...?"

THAT was a job to consider.

Wed May 06, 2009 1:47 pm

OOC: Erm... I leave for a few days, and this happens? Whatever.

Raleigh arrived to see that everyone was already in attendance. I hate being late. he thought dismissively. As he melded into the crowd, he listened to the words of the others and pieced together what exactly was going down. Apparently, a group of blue-suited bottom feeders were busy drinking to their hearts' content. And they needed the blue suits. That would require them to pry the privateers from their drunken debauch in order to ambush them.
"Not to be rude..." He began brusquely, "But I for one believe we should trust in the good captain's judgment. If he has a plan, let's hear him out. I believe we can all agree that a mutual operation would be too obvious here, even to a bunch of intoxicated brutes."

Sun May 10, 2009 7:45 pm
Site Admin

OOC: Is this what you wanted me to do Zesper...?

Aneira nodded after hearing the plan of the captain, she had to admit that it was clever, though she felt that she was demeaning herself by placing herself in the damsel in distress situation. She sighed and turned to the pub where the drunken fools conducted themselves atrociously. She dishevelled her hair slightly and ran into the pub and collided with one of the men making sure she headed straight into the man's arms. She curled up into his arms acting like she was unaware of what she was doing though disgusted by the man's breath which was laced with alcohol. She stared up at him frighteningly, she had a flash back of Darien in his drunken stupor, she squeaked, then called out in a distressed cry "There's a Scarlet Dread Pirate outside!" she said pulling from the man's grasp. "He tried to....he tried to..." she turned away sobbing slightly. The man she had ran into shushed her and tried to calm her down despite his slurred voice. He muttered something along the lines of going to chase down the scum with his men, who all cheered with a rowdy, drunken chorus.

She knew the eyes of the other patrons were watching her as she made her display, she no longer wanted to stay in the place, nor in the poisoned air filled with smoke and filth. She dragged on the captain's arm, her delicate hands in his rough sea-worn ones pulled him out of the pub with his crew following, attempting not to topple over as they walked. The rest of the crew had already left gone to the position the captain had said they would go.

"Vere, wid they goooo, miii ladeee?" said the drunken sailor, attempting to sound valiant. Aneira resisted the urge to laugh in his face or freeze him for his idiocy. She had to force herself to convincingly raise a fearful finger to point to the alleyway where they were to run through. She ran ahead while they ran, but more often stumbled through the alley. She turned to the right, she heard a crash, one of the sailors probably ran into a stack of boxes she then turned to the left, and stopped before a heavily shadowed section of the alley.

"That's where the hideout is" said Aneira returning to the side of the man who's arms she had been in earlier. She waited patiently, though she hoped nothing else had delayed the captain, she strongly disliked the idea of waiting in a dark alley with men who were drunk.

Fri May 15, 2009 12:04 pm
 [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next