The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 10:59 am

[ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Captain Falcon 
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
You'll want to be on the lookout for hammers.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:12 am

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Deadly.
Anyway, when's Falcon's UpB grab hitbox getting smaller? It is super big. Also, when you SideB onstage offstage, its gg.

Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:21 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Raptor Boost doesn't SD from onstage if you hold in. Maybe I misunderstand you?

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:33 pm

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
Why would you make upb smaller? Falcon is already getting upb landing lag and probably aerial downb lag in the air. Seems like an undeserved nerf

Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:42 pm
BR Member

I'm a firm believer that hitboxes shouldn't be ridiculously different than their animations, and Falcon's up-B is a prime example. The grab hitbox really has no relation to his body, and so it's much harder to deal with than it should be because you can't really "intuit" what hitboxes will come out on top against it and end up having to memorize this aerial, that special, this smash attack, etc. I'd support a bigger jump from a successful hit, but Falcon already has the best recovery of any of his prior Smash implementations to date.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:11 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Aerial Falcon Kick should, in my opinion, see a travel distance increase. Perhaps not to Melee levels, but Falcon could stand to be a tad less versatile off-stage for how good he is on-stage.

A hitbox size decrease with a more rewarding jump would be a good change as well. It would prevent folks from gimping Falcon by getting hit with Up B, which is kind of silly.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:05 pm
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: PragmaticFright
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBB
Waifu: Game & Watch
THE TRUE FALCON COMBO (I would taunt but I didn't have time)

YouTube Video:

Mr. Game & Watch: Spilling More Oil than B.P. (I'm sorry)

Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:45 am

MGN Username: sickness71
It seems Cfalc was nerfed hard in this update. Lol the funny thing is when I was reading the nerfs I thought to my self, "Wow the previous version had the perfect Cfalc and now he lost it all". Cfalc relies on grab combos and quick aggressive aerials but this was all replaced with more knockback on already powerful moves which will only encourage spamming f smash and such. Sorry to say but Cfalc is without a doubt a bottom tier character if not the very bottom regardless of what the current tier list shows which is very inaccurate as it seems only to be based on players performance and other randomness which is pretty disappointing. I think you guys should revive old Cfalc a bit, at least some of his main combos and such. :captainfalcon:

Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:25 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: JayVoltage
Currently Playing: Rivals of Aether, Super Smasn Flash 2, Fate/Grand Order
sickness71 wrote:
It seems Cfalc was nerfed hard in this update. Lol the funny thing is when I was reading the nerfs I thought to my self, "Wow the previous version had the perfect Cfalc and now he lost it all". Cfalc relies on grab combos and quick aggressive aerials but this was all replaced with more knockback on already powerful moves which will only encourage spamming f smash and such. Sorry to say but Cfalc is without a doubt a bottom tier character if not the very bottom regardless of what the current tier list shows which is very inaccurate as it seems only to be based on players performance and other randomness which is pretty disappointing. I think you guys should revive old Cfalc a bit, at least some of his main combos and such. :captainfalcon:

I'm triggered if you're saying that Falcon is the worst character of 9.b. But if you meant beta, we can't be sure that Falcon has been butchered so much that now he's the worst. I'm sure the devs found a balance or something.

Mains: :link: :falco: :sonic:
Most recent video of some of my favourite online moments. Check it out! :]

YouTube Video:

Newly acquired Servant: Minamoto no Yorimitsu NEW!

Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:48 am

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
sickness71 wrote:

I'm sorry, but you opinions are terrible and they don't really make sense at all.

Again, you want better combos on Captain Falcon? (Not saying he doesn't need more)

Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:04 pm

MGN Username: sickness71
JayVoltage wrote:
sickness71 wrote:

I'm triggered if you're saying that Falcon is the worst character of 9.b. But if you meant beta, we can't be sure that Falcon has been butchered so much that now he's the worst. I'm sure the devs found a balance or something.

XD no I love Cfalc and my suggestion was a bit over the top I suppose but I'm basing this off of the smash 4 Cfalc which I feel was the Cfacl in the previous version but that was changed here. Now not saying he doesn't have anything some Cfalc players prove worthy oppenents I don't doubt it but I think there is more to work with when looking at a smash 4 Cfalc as the goal of what Cfalc should be.
:captainfalcon:

Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:51 pm
BR Member

What do you guys think would be good buffs? I think having utilt spike would be fun, and I'd like to see the gentleman become a better tool to help offset his nerfs.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:59 am

Enabling wall jumping

Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:16 pm

MGN Username: KarkVant
Currently Playing: with my dick
More freeze-frames on successful falcon punches and sweet spotted knees. Much needed buff.

Seriously though, utilt (heel) spiking is a good idea, and would match the animation.

Image Image
Somebody hates my JJBA memes, so naturally I had to make more and put them in my signature

My main men: :captainfalcon: :metaknight:

For messing around: :samus: :zerosuitsamus: :donkeykong:

Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:50 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
Was messing about with Falcon yesterday to see if he could be a potential pocket of mine. Peach CPU bodied my first two stocks. Whats the MU like?

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:21 am
 [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next