The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:05 pm

[ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
SSF2 Screenshot RPG 
Site Admin

Here it is.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:42 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Many thanks to Kiki for starting this topic. I am quite grateful. And without further ado I am proud to begin....
SSF2 Screenshot RPG:Wrath of Goblin Wario!!!!!!!
In the world of SSF2, Goblin Wario has gotten hold of the star rod! with it he has the power to command the different creatures of the world. And it's up to the players to stop him!

For the tutorial and tips on getting started check the end of page 4 of this thread.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Last edited by Sonario on Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:57 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
Wow first character. Edited to the RP standards in the Tutorial by kiki

Dr.Kirby, The 7th Protector of the Universe
Name: Dr. Sinen Dominicux Kirby, PhD; but nobody actually calls him by his first name, like, ever.

Age: Due to recent advances by his creator; Dr. Hyberweij, PhD; Dr.Kirby can't die of old age, but he is not immortal (he can still be killed). Dr.Kirby has lived 5237 years as of today.

Role: Dr.Kirby is primarily a Swordsman, but can play the other roles quite well. (except for furry, as he isn't :wee: )

Physical Appearance: Dr.Kirby stands 8 ft tall. From a creation mess-up, Dr.Kirby is green, rather than pink, unlike other citizens of his community. Dr.Kirby has red glowing eyes, glowing brighter with the more power he has. Dr.Kirby has no hair, nose, or eyebrows. :wee: On Dr.Kirby's left cheek is a scar in the shape of an X. He won't tell anybody where it is from, but it may have something to do with Dariantou Smash Brothers X. Although he looks weak on the outside, Dr.Kirby has trained for more than 4500 years, after the passing of his creator. Dr.Kirby wears a cape with a black hood, which seems to hold more than Link's tunic, and that's saying something.

Background (note: does reiterate some things) and Personality: The 7th protector of the universe. Dr.Kirby sports a black hooded cape (not shown) and wields the sword of the universe, called Predicux. The names on this sword (not shown) are it's past, present, and future wielders. There are 10 names on this sword: Si, Kinker, Josephine, Jailie, Josie, Keeby, Sinen, Sophie, Jacob, and Kirby. On the sword's handle is the phrase "Konqerindystroi RB7", which when pronounced is "Conquer and Destroy." RB7 is the name of Dr.Kirby's air fleet on his home planet, Dreamland-21, it being an acronym for Ranks Beta. Nobody truly knows why the 7 is there, however there have been remarks of the 7 being that he is the 7th Protector. Standing 8 ft tall (not shown here, he has a shrink mushroom), he is also the tallest of the Protectors and an IQ of 417 also makes him the smartest. Dr.Kirby has almost died 17 times in his past; which brings out his high-risk, high-reward attitude. Dr.Kirby's past is greatly unknown, but there are old rumors of a rival red Kirby and a super forum of his.
Dr.Kirby takes pride in his work and considers himself very humble. However, this does lead him to various situations where he has too much pride. Dr.Kirby is very precise and exact, usually not working with others unless they know him very well. Dr.Kirby destroyed his home planet because it wasn't the way he wanted it, TWENTY TIMES! Dr.Kirby lives on the edge, never giving up, nearly dying many times. He is also very blunt, making many decisions without thinking things through, which does get him into trouble.

History: Dr.Kirby was created in a lab by Dr. Hyberweij 5237 years ago by a mistake in Hyber's attempt at making a Kirby for himself. Because of this, Dr.Kirby has always looked like he's 26. For about 1000 years Hyber has taught him his extensive knowledge on the world before finding the Predicux sword. Hyber, a sword collector, tried to take it home, only to electrocute him. Hyber died of electrocution seven minutes later, leaving Dr.Kirby in an emotional coma for five hundred years. When Dr.Kirby woke, the Predicux sword was still there. Determined to avenge the death of Hyber, Dr.Kirby took the Predicux sword into his hand and set off. Later he realizes there's nobody to avenge his death. Dr.Kirby begins his training, as is constantly honing his abilities, even today. Much after his early past is not known.

Weapon(s): Wields the sword of the universe, called Predicux. A high tech advancement of a sword. Electrocutes anybody not worthy to wield it. Found when out sword finding with Dr. Hybrweij and began wielding it shortly after his death.

Talent(s): Dr.Kirby is an expert computer hacker as well as the ability to create tools out of mere scraps.

Abilities: Dr.Kirby can learn to do anything and master most things in about two weeks.

Weaknesses: An exact copy of himself; or the irreversible destruction of his sword, Predicux.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:10 pm
YIM WWW

(In the VR training room)
Mario: Ah, the first recruit. Dr.Kirby right?
Dr.Kirby:Yes.
Mario: If you received the note you probably know what's going on.
Dr.Kirby:I do. Goblin Wario has received the Star Rod, One of the most powerful artifacts in the omniverse. He is using it to control monsters and people in order to conquer the world.
Mario: Good, you know. Then I won't have to explain. There is one slight detail you missed though...
Mario:The influence of the Star Rod has also weakened everyone that he selected. That includes the recruits.
Dr.Kirby:Damn! Looks like i've been weakened too...
Mario:Don't worry. You'll get stronger as you fight. Besides, I'll go easy on you during the training battle. Now then, please draw your sword and....
Mario:Lets-a go!
Boss Battle: Mario (holding back)
Health:20
Schedule: Known (Mario told you)
1st round: Plumber Combo
2nd round: Defense (50% less damage)
3rd round: Dodge stance (20% chance to dodge)
4th round: Plumber Combo
5th round: Fireball

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:29 am
BR Member

You seem to be a worthy opponent. Let's go.
Dr.Kirbys Moves: show
Weak Slash
Strong Slash
Guard (b**** I'm a Landmaster)
Offense Up
Strong Slash

Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:11 pm
YIM WWW

I'll be posting different character's situations in different boxes like so:
Doqtor Kirby: show
Turn 1 Begin!
Mario(holding back) has the same speed as Dr.Kirby (1) So I'll decide randomly.....(eenie meanie miney moe....)Mario gets the first attack.
Round 1:
Mario: Yah!
Mario: Wah!
Mario: Hoo!
1/2 X 3 = 1 and 1/2 damage!
Dr.Kirby: Hya!
Mario: Oof!
1 damage!
Round 2:
Dr.Kirby: Yaaah!
Mario: Ngh!
Blocked! 3 X 1/2 = 1 and 1/2 damage!
Round 3: Nothing happened....
Round 4:
Mario: Yah!
Mario: Wah!
Mario: Hoo!
Dr.Kirby: Offense up!
Dr.Kirby's damage doubled! 7 tech points used.
Round 5:
Mario: Take-a this!
Dr.Kirby: Ouch!
3 Damage! 5 tech points used.
Dr.Kirby: Yaaah!
Mario: D'oh!
3 X 2 = 6 damage! Offense up faded!
End of turn 1. Result: Mario: 11 and 1/2 health. 5 tech points. Dr.Kirby:14 health. 3 tech points.

Note to all players: I forgot to add this in the tutorial but from now on there will be tech points. You will start with 10 and gain 2 per level up. The more complex techniques use tech points. I will decide how much depending on it's power.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:36 am

Currently Playing: baseball.
This is my first RPG so i'm sorry if i did something wrong.

Name:Chaos Knight

Role:Swordsman

Physical appearance:He is 6 feet tall.He wears a mask so nobody can see his face,he has a black cape which can turn into wings so that he can fly and the cape has mystical powers,he has blue eyes which turn black when he is sad,red when angry and green when tired.He has no hair and his right wing has a scar that goes from the tip of the wing to the end of the wing.He says he got it when he tried to steal from the rich and evil lord Haxio.

Background:Chaos Knight always has his mask on and his face has only been seen by his dead parents.His cape can transform into wings to fly and can allow him to use the power of darkness to alter the universe and go trough dimensions.Ever since his parents died he took his fathers sword and decided to get revenge on the killer of his parents,the swords name is lagiacrus which has written trough the whole sword "revenge" and the sword is able to produce electricity which is let out in every hit and when he is angry the sword will generate a large amount of electricity and release it all in a huge shock wave of doom but when he is tired it will fail to produce electricity and when sad the sword will produce less electricity then normal.

Personality:He is normally calm and patient,never takes a decision without thinking it,he will acknowledge defeat and honor whoever defeated him but when he is challenged to battle he will let all his anger out and strike fast and strong and defeat anyone who comes near his path,he destroyed the city of Moga and was placed in prison for 5 years until he escaped and now he is back in the streets looking for revenge.

History:He was born in november 15 1994 and when he was 11 his parents were killed and he barely managed to get away alive and he then hided for 5 months to then go back to his house to find his parents dead.After many hours of crying he went to his parents room and took out a mask and he decided he was gonna make the man who killed his parents pay and then he took his fathers sacred sword and went out on a quest to find the killer,after 7 years he has yet to find the killer but he is still out there looking for revenge.

Weapon:The sacred sword of the chitu clan,called lagiacrus.A strong weapon made with the powers of the underwater leviathan lagiacrus to control electricity made by the chitu tribe for the leader of their clan to protect them from ceadeus.

Talent:He is a expert thief that has only failed to steal from lord Haxio and he can control darkness and electricity.

Weaknesses:Fire,light and the destruction of his mask,cape or sword and the memory of his dead parents.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:34 pm

champetero: show
Sonic: Finally another recruit. I was getting tired of waiting.
Sonic: Anyway Mario is busy with another recruit right now so I'll be your opponent. I'm Sonic, Sonic The Hedgehog, another one of the founding agents. If you read the previous posts you should probably know how everything works excluding one slight detail that you won't really have to worry about now: If two characters speed stats are the same they'll have to alternate posting schedules. And if their speed stats differ than the one with less speed posts their schedule first. But like i said you won't have to worry about that now so...
Sonic: Let's get started!
Boss Battle : Sonic (holding back)
Health:20
Schedule: Known (Sonic told you)
1st round: Light Speed Dash Charge
2nd round: Light Speed Dash Release
3rd round: Sonic Combo
4th round: Dodge stance (40% chance to dodge)
5th round: Spin Dash

doqtor kirby: show
Mario: Um...Dr.Kirby? I forgot to mention that we have to alternate posting schedules if our speed is the same. So please post your schedule to continue.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:09 am

Chaos Knight moves: show
Offense up

Teleport

Teleport slash

weak slash

Tornado

Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:46 pm

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Waifu: Mina Ashido
does it have to be a recolor?

Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:23 pm

@UltimateZendayaFan
Unfortunately, yes. Or else the actual character can't be used.
Turn 1 Begin!
Even when holding back Sonic is faster. (though he let you view his schedule for the first turn) So he goes first.
Round 1:
Sonic: Ready....
Light Speed Dash charged! 6 tech points used!
Chaos Knight: Offense up!
Chaos Knight's damage doubled! 5 tech points used! (because next attack is a little weaker than last time)
Round 2:
Sonic: The teleport was a good choice but I'm a little faster.
Sonic: Light!
Sonic: Speed!
Sonic: Dash!
2 X 3 = 6 damage!
Chaos Knight: Teleport!
Chaos Knight teleported! 2 tech points used!
Round 3:
Sonic: Why bother attacking if I miss?
Chaos Knight: Take this!
Sonic: Ow!
2 X 2 = 4 damage! Offense up faded!
Round 4:
Chaos Knight: Ha!
Sonic: Ugh!
1 damage!
Round 5:
Sonic: Spin Dash!
2 damage! 2 tech points used!
Chaos Knight: Tornado Attack!
Sonic: Whoa!
1/2 X 6 = 3 damage! 3 tech points used!
Round 1 result:
Chaos Knight: 12 health 0 tech points. Sonic: 12 health 2 tech points.
Sonic: I told you my schedule on the first turn because it's your first fight. But now we have to play it fairly and you have to post your schedule first. I'll go easier on you to make up for that though.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:52 am

moves: show
weak slash

rapid kick

strong slash

Lighting charge

Lighting wave

Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:34 pm

Sonic's schedule:
1:Spin Dash
2:Sonic Combo
3:Recharge
4:Spin dash
5:Dodge stance (40% chance to dodge)
Turn 2 Begin!
Round 1:
Chaos Knight: Ha!
Sonic: Ow!
1 damage!
Round 2:
Sonic: Heh!
Sonic: Hoo!
Sonic: Yeah!
Chaos Knight: Rapid Kick!
Sonic: Oof! Ouch! Ow!
1/2 X 4 = 2
Round 3:
Sonic: Here we go!
Recharged 2 tp!
Chaos Knight: Take this!
Sonic: Agh!
3 damage!
Round 4:
http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t60 ... 647570.png
Chaos Knight: Lightning...
Lightning attack charged! 5 tp used
Round 5:
Chaos Knight: Wave!
Sonic: Yaagh!
5 damage!
Turn 2 result:
Chaos Knight: 6 and 1/2 health 0 tech points.
Sonic: 1 health 5 tech points.
Sonic: Well I don't really have anything to recover health so I'm pretty much done for. No point in dragging the fight along any further. You win.
Sonic surrendered!
Chaos Knight: Yes!
Battle Won! Gained 100 experience points! (like Paper Mario you need 100 to level up)
You leveled up!
You have 1 stat point to spend.
You now have 25 health!
You now have 12 tech points!
Sonic: Good fight, Chaos Knight! You'll surely serve us well. Take this small handheld machine. (gives it off screen) It's a mission log.
It shows you any mission requests you have and lets you accept, cancel and keep track of them. It also shows your ranking if you want. Higher ranked players can go on harder missions. I'll give you a mission to start you off.

Received Mission: Your First Mission.
Sender: Sonic The Hedgehog
Ranking: Beginner
Objective: Go to the Kongo Jungle (Jungle Hijinx) and defeat 3 Wild Kongs.
Reward: 100 Smash Tokens and a free Smash Ball

Sonic: By completing missions and through other means you can get Smash Tokens. They are the currency of the Smash Bros Heroes agency that you can spend on different items. We don't sell any extra equipment though so you'll have to bring your own. (No equipment to boost stats in the game) OK then, good luck.

Note to all players: Like SSF2 itself this game is prone to change. I'll change it as I go and take suggestions. Though for the things that are TOO troublesome I might tell you to do those yourselves. Also, tech points recover by 50% of total every turn. You can also manually regenerate 20% of total tech points by using the default "recharge" move. (other default moves include guard, dodge stance and run) And some moves (such as strong slash) take a while to cool down so you can't spam them. You decide on how much depending on the damage. But don't cheat or Goblin Wario will nerf you to a ridiculous extent.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:17 am
BR Member

Le Second Scheduele: show
Sorry 'bout the time, I spaced out (I tend to do that all the time!)
Hey where's my sword?
Damnit!
DAMNIT!
DAMNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!
Oops, sorry about that, gots anger issues :P Found ma sword too.
---------------------------------------------
1. Sword Boomberang
2. Counter
3. Sword Boomberang
4. Guard (b**** I'm a Landmaster)
5. Strong Slash

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:29 pm
YIM WWW

Your attention please.
I don't like to keep people waiting without a good reason so I'd like to say: SSF2 Screenshot RPG Wrath of Goblin Wario will be on hiatus until the country-wide examination ends on the 20th of November.
Thanks for understanding.

Last edited by Sonario on Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:40 am
 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next