The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 10:42 am

[ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 38  Next
Sora 
MaskofTruth wrote:
AnonimLOLek.2450 wrote:

Bigger lagger than me said I'm a lagger -_- How pathethic...

And Here is the replay https://www.filepicker.io/api/file/lteADFfnS1SaZikigcAv

As I said Sora Strike Raid cause the Stage Spike effect

My lag doesn't cut inputs. Its perfectly possible to play 20XX in my lag, while in your lag people get their inputs dropped sometimes. I have nothing against you, just putting out factually based opinions.
Is it not true that you lag?

This is an excuse of people who can't win aganist me. If one mini lag is the reason to call me a lagger, What's wrong with you GUYS?!

Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:33 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Guys.

Both Anonim and Masky lagging is common knowledge, the debate is unnecessary. I'm not gonna lie, but saying "It's [Lag] just an excuse for people who can't win against me" makes you sound arrogant.

Your (Anonim) lag is likely caused by connection problems between you and your opponent, so packet loss will undoubtedly be a side effect, as I've said to you before, your strategy will not work on an opponent who's free from any form of lag. Trust me, I've tried.

Masky's lag, and formerly Zair's, is likely caused by the fact they have/had potatos for computers. It's not the connection that's the problem, it's the computer at the receiving end. That's why Masky doesn't drop inputs, and I know this from playing him many times.

So, please, let's not continue debating things that are simple facts. This topic isn't the "who lags more" topic, it's about Sora. Seeing as we need discussion points, I'm going to start by asking what people's view of Lloyd/Sora is. I think it isn't that bad for :sora: , but others say it's around 65:35 in :lloyd: 's favour.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Last edited by TSF.Strife on Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:40 pm
DSwift wrote:
Guys.

Both Anonim and Masky lagging is common knowledge, the debate is unnecessary. I'm not gonna lie, but:

Got a point man :colonthree:

But really, This is my fault? Maybe It's because MGN Network is Trashed? :gamer:

Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:44 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Nice quadruple post, the edit button is there for a reason.

AnonimLOLek.2450 wrote:
2nd. We are not talking about stage spike effect? :ko:

AnonimLOLek.2450 wrote:
As I said Sora Strike Raid cause the Stage Spike effect

Either you forgot something or mean something else from what you said.

AnonimLOLek.2450 wrote:
Fox is heavier than DK :drool:

Njet. Hes the fastest faller in the game, but actually a mid-lightweight iirc (5 bucks Niayre knows it better). DK is the heaviest char in the game, but falls a bit slower.

About :lloyd: vs. :sora: , I feel like I have to join the bandwagon here a bit. Both struggle offstage and can edgeguard each other decently imo (Beast/Fair/ :sonic: Thrust/etc. vs. Aero/Thundaga/Strike Raid (Cancel)/FSmash). However, Lloyds projectile is far superior (higher priority (actually beating out :tails: Spindash!), range, can spawn two of them, less lag, better followup potential etc.), he higher mobility (7th fastest char in the game after all), and just a better neutral in general. Both have amazing combo potential (Ill give that one to Sora), both struggle to net a clean KO at times, but Lloyd doesnt suffer as much in that regard. 65:35 sounds pretty good imo, but it might as well be 70:30. Sora just lacks mobility and range to make up for his lack in the neutral game, takes longer to kill and dies just as easily offstage. Kinda ironic that the worst char in the game has a better MU against Lloyd as a certain C+ char...

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:00 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Blaxorus
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
TSF|Skailler wrote:
AnonimLOLek.2450 wrote:

Njet. Hes the fastest faller in the game, but actually a mid-lightweight iirc (5 bucks Niayre knows it better). DK is the heaviest char in the game, but falls a bit slower.

Fox is the 4th lightest, only heavier than MK, then Kirby, then Jiggs.

TSF|Skailler wrote:
About :lloyd: vs. :sora: , I feel like I have to join the bandwagon here a bit. Both struggle offstage and can edgeguard each other decently imo (Beast/Fair/ :sonic: Thrust/etc. vs. Aero/Thundaga/Strike Raid (Cancel)/FSmash). However, Lloyds projectile is far superior (higher priority (actually beating out :tails: Spindash!), range, can spawn two of them, less lag, better followup potential etc.), he higher mobility (7th fastest char in the game after all), and just a better neutral in general. Both have amazing combo potential (Ill give that one to Sora), both struggle to net a clean KO at times, but Lloyd doesnt suffer as much in that regard. 65:35 sounds pretty good imo, but it might as well be 70:30. Sora just lacks mobility and range to make up for his lack in the neutral game, takes longer to kill and dies just as easily offstage. Kinda ironic that the worst char in the game has a better MU against Lloyd as a certain C+ char...

Also, just wanna add that demon fang is beaten out by most jabs, and definitely does not out prioritize spindash. Rem has already said this, but somewhere around the bottom of the spindash has more priority, so in tails dittos, whoevers higher wins if both use it, so that may be your problem.

secondaries: :tails: :lloyd:

Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:56 am
Well... Sora can break it with his Down Smash (Move breaker what can destroy Rasen Shuriken and Zelda's Side B)

Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:59 am
BR Member

AnonimLOLek.2450 wrote:
Well... Sora can break it with his Down Smash (Move breaker what can destroy Rasen Shuriken and Zelda's Side B)

That leaves him quite open however. Thats basically begging for a punish regardless of where Lloyd is. Either Grave Blade or a sword swing.

Chaos0 wrote:
stuff about Spindash

That makes sense (I guess). Thanks!

Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:28 am

DSwift wrote:
I'm going to start by asking what people's view of Lloyd/Sora is. I think it isn't that bad for :sora: , but others say it's around 65:35 in :lloyd: 's favour.

When are we gonna continue working on the MU chart?

Why are anime characters in SSF2

Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:30 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Cruisin wrote:
DSwift wrote:
I'm going to start by asking what people's view of Lloyd/Sora is. I think it isn't that bad for :sora: , but others say it's around 65:35 in :lloyd: 's favour.

When are we gonna continue working on the MU chart?

Soon

Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:48 pm

:sora: :sora: he needs a meteor or does he have one and im unaware? like mabye flowmotion down in the air would meteor...does it already do that? if not maybe his up special could have meteor on the last frames? like up special and he does his fair at the end? i dunno i suck at advice but he also needs more killing moves my opponents always rack up over 150% its so annoying watching them fly around to the other side but i like sora now hes good plz dont make him bad :sora: :sora: bye

Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:17 pm
BR Member

Sirscrap wrote:
:sora: :sora: he needs a meteor or does he have one and im unaware? like mabye flowmotion down in the air would meteor...does it already do that? if not maybe his up special could have meteor on the last frames? like up special and he does his fair at the end? i dunno i suck at advice but he also needs more killing moves my opponents always rack up over 150% its so annoying watching them fly around to the other side but i like sora now hes good plz dont make him bad :sora: :sora: bye

Sora has a meteor if he flowcancels downwards. Look a few pages back to see what I mean. Sora's kill moves are FSmash, USmash and occasionally Fair and Thundaga. And I'm afraid to say Sora's the worst character in the game :/

Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:22 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Chaos0 wrote:
TSF|Skailler wrote:
AnonimLOLek.2450 wrote:

Fox is the 4th lightest, only heavier than MK, then Kirby, then Jiggs.

TSF|Skailler wrote:

Also, just wanna add that demon fang is beaten out by most jabs, and definitely does not out prioritize spindash. Rem has already said this, but somewhere around the bottom of the spindash has more priority, so in tails dittos, whoevers higher wins if both use it, so that may be your problem.

For the bold, Pikachu is lighter than Fox.

Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:54 pm
Sirscrap wrote:

I can kill opponents when they are over 110% and less than 130% :) #Sora's FSmash

Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:30 am

MGN Username: NASAPeepo
Currently Playing: It's my personal life.
AnonimLOLek.2450 wrote:
I can kill opponents when they are over 110% and less than 130% :) #Sora's FSmash

I don't think it can kill that early if your opponent DI properly. Usmash is much preferred. Longer hitbox, good range as well as good knockback.

Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:35 am
BR Member

RagingThunder wrote:
AnonimLOLek.2450 wrote:

I don't think it can kill that early if your opponent DI properly. Usmash is much preferred. Longer hitbox, good range as well as good knockback.

^This. To give you an example, Tails can survive tipper FSmash at 150% at the very edge of SV with proper DI. While USmash is more dependent on ceiling height/falling speed, it at the very least has that windbox that can make punish a whiff harder at times. That and it usually kills sooner.

Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:35 am
 [ 559 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 38  Next