The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:02 pm

[ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 29  Next
Tails 

If we're going for Tails gifs...
(plz add webm support ;_;)

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:16 pm

[TSON] wrote:
something tells me you guys don't use sideb

Just asking respectfully but why do you say this?

Credit to Sachamel and Saikyoshi for the pic.

Beginner alert :p Learning how to play Tails

Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:27 pm

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2, TF2, DotA2, etc.
samuraiman26 wrote:
[TSON] wrote:
something tells me you guys don't use sideb

Just asking respectfully but why do you say this?

is rly good for a lot of things

Mains: Zelda, Chibi Robo, Mario

Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:39 pm

Not sure if this was a known issue. Was practicing my BM against lvl 9 tails on hylian skies. Sometimes tails will spindash of the starting ledge, and freeze time. It completely breaks the game with the camera not moving and all projectiles freezing on the screen when created. I used this to cast a bunch of maxed out smashes and meteors, then hit tails with haste(only thing I could hit tails with) and then suddenly it goes again(although the level's changes and the actual visual effect and completely desynched).

I have a replay, but it's also completely screwed up(in the replay the haste doesn't hit, so it just sorta sits there and completely screws up and then idles into infinity).

Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:51 pm

MGN Username: DrunkenRockman
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Borderlands 2, and Shovel Knight.
I just mastered the Tailsdash :)

Youtube Channel for mainly Smash content: https://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamMan1923/videos
MGN: DrunkenRockman

SSF2 Offline: Godlike.
SSF2 Online: In good matches, it's great!

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:07 pm

Eji1700 wrote:
Not sure if this was a known issue. Was practicing my BM against lvl 9 tails on hylian skies. Sometimes tails will spindash of the starting ledge, and freeze time. It completely breaks the game with the camera not moving and all projectiles freezing on the screen when created. I used this to cast a bunch of maxed out smashes and meteors, then hit tails with haste(only thing I could hit tails with) and then suddenly it goes again(although the level's changes and the actual visual effect and completely desynched).

I have a replay, but it's also completely screwed up(in the replay the haste doesn't hit, so it just sorta sits there and completely screws up and then idles into infinity).

I would report this in the bug thread.

What is the tailsdash? The thing mentioned above?

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:12 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Final Fantasy 5
Is Tails' d-air still a meteor attack? Because every time I use it, my opponents don't go flying downwards. Or am I just hitting them at the wrong angle?

Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:41 pm

Not 100% sure if it is one still. But I do know it has been nerfed. Someone else can probably answer you better

Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:39 pm

MGN Username: DrunkenRockman
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Borderlands 2, and Shovel Knight.
samuraiman26 wrote:
Eji1700 wrote:

I would report this in the bug thread.

What is the tailsdash? The thing mentioned above?

Tailsdash is just a name I made up for his wavedash.

Youtube Channel for mainly Smash content: https://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamMan1923/videos
MGN: DrunkenRockman

SSF2 Offline: Godlike.
SSF2 Online: In good matches, it's great!

Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:30 pm

Jason15877 wrote:
Is Tails' d-air still a meteor attack? Because every time I use it, my opponents don't go flying downwards. Or am I just hitting them at the wrong angle?

It is still. I seem to not have too much trouble sending things down. I think the knockback is stronger towards the tip of the tails.

I seem to not have realised side-b had more lag on the ground than in the air, so you'd be better off "jump canceling" the lag to immediately combo with whatever aerial (generally f-air goes pretty smoothly, just follow more or less the rhythm of the side-b). Been messing around with the tailsdashing mechanics as well, soooo much approaches to be explored. Intricacies with platforms as well (ledge-canceling a "dashy" down-b sends you far off the ledge, while jump-canceling it breaks the momentum). Definitely gotta learn your stages with Tails.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:53 am

MGN Username: Masaomi
I mastered the tailsdash

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:01 am

If anyone was looking for a tailsdashing demo.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:30 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Paturages' wrote:
Thanks for all the insights, this is really helpful.

This wavedash can probably be interesting in pretty wacky edgeguards, and this is also adding to his already stellar mobility. Also one way to exploit stages with platforms to approach with aerials. It's too bad that pre-9.0b down-b cancels were stripped off, but I think it would have made Tails quite a bit OP indeed. As an attack, I find down-b too punishable, but you can throw it around in a combo if you're confident.

It goes further than Falcon's Moonwalk, I can't pull it off on a daily bases but it's still a WIP.
Down B is a great fantastic, it has high priority and goes pretty far when chraged all the way.

Neutral-B also knocks opponents towards Tails, so it's a good combo initiator when it hits. The shield damage is something definitely not to be trifled with.

Indeed, also helps with recovering if you reverse it.

I forgot to mention dash attack, which is good for getting yourself off a situation. The lag is so punishable though... Also, grabs. Feel free to toss them in to initiate combos. I think you can chaingrab with back throw at low %s, forward throw is a semi-strong one that's useful to get people off the stage at high %s, up/down throw to combo through. Also, you can move during up throw. No Kirbyside-style suicides though.

Also a combo starter if you hit with the ending hitbox.
Maybe FF's and heavyweights.
That it is.
Depends which direction you move with uthrow...
^Moving forward is a combo starter, moving backwards is for getting opponents of your back if you need breathing space. Not moving still works for combo's.^
Dthrow works wonder, depending on if you can catch up to them quick enough.

Experimenting a bit with CPUs, I have a few things to add to my previous comment:
- You're bound to get punished if you don't hit side-b with the tip of the foot.
- Dair is actually about as hard to land as Melee Marth's dair, which is admittedly not that hard. Still gotta be somewhat precise in the approach though.
- Uair knocks further up than utilt and is generally better for juggling.

NOT true, since you can adjust it's speeds (not to mention you can jump out of it).
Approaching is not much of a problem if you full hop it, his air speed keeps him from getting punished by most attacks.
True dat.

I didn't notice much else about Tails in this patch. Works pretty much the same to me.

Pretty much.

Edit: Currently fiddling around with short hop - turnaround side b - bair. Not sure how fast one can pull that off.

I can. Hard to pull off, but possible.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:54 pm

If I post some videos of me training would you guys critique it for me and tell me what I can do better?

Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:38 pm

gEmssbguy13 wrote:
Indeed, also helps with recovering if you reverse it.

Speaking about neutral b reversals, tailsdash reverse neutral b is a possible application of tailsdashing to put distance between you and an opponent. Tricky tricky though.

gEmssbguy13 wrote:
I can. Hard to pull off, but possible.

Even if you're not landing the combo, I think that you can use the side b as a spacing tool, baiting and avoiding an aerial and landing the bair as a punish. It's a mixup that's worth putting under one's sleeve.

samuraiman26 wrote:
If I post some videos of me training would you guys critique it for me and tell me what I can do better?

We're here to help! Plus, video footage is a good demonstrative way to show off characters and techs.

Also, tailsdash grab can be something if one masters the timing, I guess.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:28 pm
 [ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 29  Next