The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:06 pm

[ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Sheik 

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
gamejutsu wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:
Hmmm some people thinks she is to easy to play and she is free.

That's the second time I've heard the term "free". What does that mean? You know, Tails and Kirby are easy too, but you need to put in a lot of work to master them.

Free means that they take no skill in order to get easy wins and you can exploit their powerful tools.

Easy to use means they have a low learning curve and that you can pick them up with little to no trouble.

Tails is not really easy to use, people just resort to spamming side special with him because its easy. I will agree he is hard to master.

Kirby is a mixed bagged in that he can be easy to use, but trying to master him depends on how you use him like if you just want to edge guard with him, play keep away or just play deceptive. Although, he has a lot of troubling mus when compared to Sheik and Tails.

I would say that I think Sheik is balanced when talking about characters around her.

Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:30 pm

MGN Username: Goesul
Lord doughnut wrote:
Free means that they take no skill in order to get easy wins and you can exploit their powerful tools.

Easy to use means they have a low learning curve and that you can pick them up with little to no trouble.

Tails is not really easy to use, people just resort to spamming side special with him because its easy. I will agree he is hard to master.

Kirby is a mixed bagged in that he can be easy to use, but trying to master him depends on how you use him like if you just want to edge guard with him, play keep away or just play deceptive. Although, he has a lot of troubling mus when compared to Sheik and Tails.

I would say that I think Sheik is balanced when talking about characters around her.

I guess that makes sense, because i'm winning more often and I can actually challenge pros, ad i'm thinking it's because I chose a broken character. Then again, I have this experience with a lot of other new characters I try out, so I dunno. I'm just hoping i'm not cheap.

Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:51 pm

gamejutsu wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:

I guess that makes sense, because i'm winning more often and I can actually challenge pros, ad i'm thinking it's because I chose a broken character. Then again, I have this experience with a lot of other new characters I try out, so I dunno. I'm just hoping i'm not cheap.

I think because you are able to exploit your opponents rather then Sheik being broken. Good for you.

Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:26 pm

Lord doughnut wrote:
I think because you are able to exploit your opponents rather then Sheik being broken. Good for you.

Same could be said with Naruto. If you frequently use his side-B. you have a higher chance of winning a match. You know, that kind of stuff. I also played ZSS for a bit (even though I hate her) and I have to say, it's incredibly easy to set someone up for up smash, or up-B. Like it's not even funny.
Eh, that's all I have to say right now :/

Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:38 pm

gamejutsu wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:

Same could be said with Naruto. If you frequently use his side-B. you have a higher chance of winning a match. You know, that kind of stuff. I also played ZSS for a bit (even though I hate her) and I have to say, it's incredibly easy to set someone up for up smash, or up-B. Like it's not even funny.
Eh, that's all I have to say right now :/

Kinda, if you are using a character who can punish his side b, then its not really helping him win.

What do you mean set up for up smash and up b? They don't even kill, unless you are trying to gimp with up b.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:48 pm

Lord doughnut wrote:
What do you mean set up for up smash and up b? They don't even kill, unless you are trying to gimp with up b.

I know they don't kill, but they do deal damage. She isn't completely disjointed (neutral special) but people spam those two moves + side smash for a reason.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:57 pm

gamejutsu wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:

I know they don't kill, but they do deal damage. She isn't completely disjointed (neutral special) but people spam those two moves + side smash for a reason.

Neutral special is disjointed since it is leaving her body.

I hardly see people spam up smash, but up special yeah to get set ups.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:23 pm

Lord doughnut wrote:

Well, it does leave her open, and it's not handy for aerials.

And yeah, up special brings the character back to the ground, where you can do a number of things to them.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:52 pm

gamejutsu wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:

Well, it does leave her open, and it's not handy for aerials.

And yeah, up special brings the character back to the ground, where you can do a number of things to them.

of course it does, its supposed to since it stuns the opponent and its useful for bair to connect if the opponent gets paralyzed.

I just said that.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:16 pm

i hope they nerf :sheik: fair. i saw a match and sheik kills his oponent only with 45% at the ledge(bad DI?)

Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:17 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
Didn't you watch the Beta streams? I'll link the 60FPS renditions that TylerTM made POW
Day2
Day3
day4

Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:57 am

Yep Sheik's fair appears to be weaker, but up air seems to be stronger. As long as her other finishers are stronger, I am fine with fair being weaker.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:09 pm

Currently Playing: DOTA 2, League of Legends, Warframe
Waifu: ZSS
Yeah, fair's a little ridiculous right now.
I feel like Sheik has the potential to be the best character in the game it's just that she's easy to learn, kinda eh to master, but hard to unleash potential with.
Like turnaround tilts and longer combos, I guess that's what I mean, since most of her aerials last a long time (to get a soft hit you need to wait and that gives reaction time) or too strong to lead into anything (fair).

Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:40 pm

MGN Username: Drarky
Currently Playing: SSF2, Starbound
Waifu: Lenna Tycoon
ZekE^ wrote:
I feel like Sheik has the potential to be the best character in the game it's just that she's easy to learn, kinda eh to master, but hard to unleash potential with.
Like turnaround tilts and longer combos, I guess that's what I mean, since most of her aerials last a long time (to get a soft hit you need to wait and that gives reaction time) or too strong to lead into anything (fair).

I find it hard to believe that Sheik of all the characters can be the very best in the game when we have monsters like Zelda, ZSS and MK up there.

Even some of the mid-high characters can be scary for Sheik :blackmage:

ImageImageImageImage

Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:54 pm

Drarky wrote:
ZekE^ wrote:

I find it hard to believe that Sheik of all the characters can be the very best in the game when we have monsters like Zelda, ZSS and MK up there.

Even some of the mid-high characters can be scary for Sheik :blackmage:

Yeah I agree, that's why I think she is the most balanced out of the top tiers.

I think Zelda is more of a monster than the other 3 due to Sheik, MK, ZZS needing to work for their combos. Zelda, despite having the worse mobility of the 4 mentioned, has less D.I.ing moves while also having stronger finishers to lead into.

Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:10 am
 [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next