The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:41 pm

[ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 36  Next
Ichigo 

MGN Username: Sachamel
Yellokirbyguy wrote:
With Jigglypuff specifically, best hope is to land a reasonably charged (so around half charge) Rollout (N-spec), It surprisingly works against Ichigo's U-spec, and make sure you're on the ground, not in the air when you try to bowl him over.

EDIT~ Though you might get sent up with Ichigo after this. AND depending on Ichigo's % you might also get countered, but to the best of my knowledge, Rollout is probably the only counter to Ichigo's U-spec with Jigglypuff.

Dunno how I never thought that haha, thanks... just to be sure, should I use rollout as a punish when the attack stops? Or is it able to hit Ichigo while the sword is still spinning?

Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:39 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Um, I really think Jiggs needs an air speed buff.
I really wouldn't waste your time trying to figure out Puff vs Ichi til' Jiggs gets what she needs.

Of course, it might be easier or harder. I dunno cuz I got no experience. I've literally played Puff once online, but then
I quit because of getting pwned so badly.

Side note: Ichi's side b into utilt is still annoying, Ichi's lack of creativity in his combo game makes my head sad.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:57 pm

Currently Playing: Robin via SSB WiiU
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
Um, I really think Jiggs needs an air speed buff.
I really wouldn't waste your time trying to figure out Puff vs Ichi til' Jiggs gets what she needs.

Of course, it might be easier or harder. I dunno cuz I got no experience. I've literally played Puff once online, but then
I quit because of getting pwned so badly.

Side note: Ichi's side b into utilt is still annoying, Ichi's lack of creativity in his combo game makes my head sad.

A very understandable argument, which shows how unpleasant it can get. but from time to time...

Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:01 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Puff relies on her amazing air game and airspeed to play MU's like Ichigo without getting wrecked, and she has done well in many other MU's in every Smash game (besides Brawl) even with a range disadvantage because of that. The fact that she doesn't have that airspeed means that there's a problem with Puff, not with Ichigo.

I think that Ichigo will sink further and further and the tier list as the metagame develops. As people get better at reading side-B spammers and dealing with his range, I think he'll have a tough time dealing with the top tiers.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:58 am

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
K lets see....

I think Ichigo and Lloyd are the safest characters in the game in regards to attacking and having priority, they really don't have any real notable weaknesses too. Besides maybe they're recovery, which is still safe. Of course, if they just nerfed both characters side b's and up b's, they should be just fine.

Ichigo is really fun otherwise, I like to use him.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:35 pm

MGN Username: warriorman222
Currently Playing: SSBB, SSF2, COD Ghosts, Pokemon Y
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
K lets see....

I think Ichigo and Lloyd are the safest characters in the game in regards to attacking and having priority, they really don't have any real notable weaknesses too. Besides maybe they're recovery, which is still safe. Of course, if they just nerfed both characters side b's and up b's, they should be just fine.

Llyod's recovery is terible. It doens't need another nerf. he just needs a worse Sid-B, koing DK at 80% is unacceptable.

Ichigo needs more endlag in his side-b, a smaller disjoint, and to recieve extra lag when he hits a person or shield. There Ichigo is fine.

And no Gazan isn't spammable. In fact it sucks unless you were knocked up high. Even then they can avoid being star ko-d at high% by jump at it qand being knocked into the floor.

Secondaries: :luigi: :ichigo: :bowser:

Pockets: :bandanadee: :isaac: :Pichu

Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:49 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
K lets see....

Ichigo has weaknesses: he has few quick moves, a bad recovery, and is easy to combo.
There's one glitchy thing that needs to be fixed in the next patch: Ichigo's down-throw OHKO's when the character doesn't hit the ground (at the edge).

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:27 pm
BR Member

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Ichigo's down-throw OHKO's when the character doesn't hit the ground (at the edge).

Please dont remove this. This is my favorite move in the game.

Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:56 pm

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
FedoraTheExplorer wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Ichigo's down-throw OHKO's when the character doesn't hit the ground (at the edge).

almost 100% certain it can be meteor canceled
so it's not something that would be removed because it's "too good"
besides, it's super situational, so it's not going to occur very often if at all (unless you're really good at either combo'ing into it or grabbing people out of their recoveries)

Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:12 pm

it CAN be meteor canceled... i just did that with kirby yesterday. but it is stupidly hard. i has at about 20% damage, and when i canceled i was off-screen, and nearly wasted all jumps getting back. it should be absolutely impossible for mid and heavy characters, even at 0%. the base knockback is sooooo massive...

Others claim, it is half empty.

I, personally, Claim Nothing.

Instead, i Ask:

WHO THE %&(%/))% DRANK HALF OF MY BEER??!

Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:48 pm
BR Member

TacThree wrote:
FedoraTheExplorer wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

almost 100% certain it can be meteor canceled
so it's not something that would be removed because it's "too good"
besides, it's super situational, so it's not going to occur very often if at all (unless you're really good at either combo'ing into it or grabbing people out of their recoveries)

Well you can waveland into grab and go for the meteor, but its still near impossible to land consistantly

Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:38 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
you should also be able to SDI into the stage and tech

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:52 pm

MGN Username: Sachamel
It deffinately can't be done, already tested it.

Edit: maybe at high percents, but it must be really hard to pull off, need more hands to test it properly

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:25 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
I can kinda see why people are talking about Ichigo's down throw OhKOing since when every other character(not counting suicide throws) does a throw on the ledge and the animation makes it look off stage, they get knocked back normally. But when Ichigo does it, it well, OHKOs so it seems more like a bug.(,although apparently it's not which is kinda meh)

Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:29 am
YIM

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
Shine! wrote:
I can kinda see why people are talking about Ichigo's down throw OhKOing since when every other character(not counting suicide throws) does a throw on the ledge and the animation makes it look off stage, they get knocked back normally. But when Ichigo does it, it well, OHKOs so it seems more like a bug.(,although apparently it's not which is kinda meh)

Fox is also capable of Dthrowing someone offstage, but who is going to charge a Fox when he is at the edge?

Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:33 am
 [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 36  Next