The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:45 pm

[ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Superhuman: The Hunt 

"Someone here likes technology..." Ray said calmly, (There are radars and many computers, I do not think a normal lumber jack would have any of this, Is he connected some how with the facility?) Ray asked himself as he notices different appliances for cooking plugged in, (I should charge myself as fast as possible and get as far as I can get.) Ray thought as he approach one of the tools and unplug it turning the switch on then sending a small electricity from his finger toward one of the holes.

Once upon a time... Animals were telling each other jokes all of them laughed except the donkey, And in the next day they found the donkey laughing and when they asked him for the reason he said "I understood yesterday's joke."

Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:10 pm

Currently Playing: Vanquish
OOC:[i]Man, I suck at this...sorry Kiki..again.[/i]

Jona continued following the scent trail of the Truck, although he was bred and trained for this sort of thing, his constant running made him grow tired by the moment.

He remembered one of his training exercises had been to run 11 miles non-stop.
He remembered how the challenge was difficult and took much effort, but how he still got it done.
He slowed down his pace a-little to save energy as much as he could, he would need to be at the top of his game to take on all of his targets knowing that they were super-human.

after a few minutes he decided to catch his breath and rest to regain some of his energy, although he was a super-human he was still human, somewhere inside his insectiod body.
he climbed the top of a near by the oak tree and sat down legs curled in at it the top of a high and strong branch in the middle of the tree.
It was still daytime, so if someone saw him it may be a problem as he stuck out in the green leaves of the tree.
So he tucked his body in as much as possible, (he had forgotten to grab his fedora and trenchcoat.)

He hoped Huntress had picked up the little gift he let for her, that super-human with the power of the tempest's was a tricky one, and he didn't want his corpse just lying there, as he assumed the boy was dead..

He closed his eyes for a second, the day was his cloak, the night was.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:41 pm

OOC: I love how they don't care for Hammurabi because his power isn't potentially useful

Hammurabi pulled a first aid kit from the area noted, and ripped it open quickly. He took off his sunglasses, glancing around the kit with his white eyes as frantically as he could. Nothing in there seemed to be useful for him at the moment. He turned his attention back to Lucasta. Her breathing was normal, and she didn't seem hurt otherwise from the fact that she was unconscious.
He heard something in his head. "I'm scared." The sound projected into his mind bounced around inside. It echoed loudly compared to the other projections. He heard crying beginning to be projected. "God, I hope you aren't projecting this to everyone..." he muttered.
However, beyond her control in her state, Lucasta had no idea she was sending these messages to everyone in the immediate 15 mile radius.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:38 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
FUNGUS was handed the sheet, a communication's device, a veiled threat and was dismissed. In the parking lot, there was a row of overtly black and humongous SUVs, sedans and vans. Each of them would be a dead give-away. Instead of going for them, FUNGUS found a beat up jalopy by the far end. It was a Chevy Chevelle and the dents and scrapes on the pale green muscle car were misleading, inside was a strengthened frame, aftermarket parts and the bare minimum required for an agent of the Facility to use. The front and back seats were separated by a highly durable cage. This would fit with his cover story of a wandering bail agent very well.

He looked at his communication device again. It looked like a palm pad crossed with a mobile phone. Taking the driver's seat, FUNGUS rapidly keyed in the names from the list in to the device. Automatically, it connected to the Facility's mainframe through an RSA encrypted channel and displayed further details of each target up to and including daily notes and mugshots. Useful, he thought, as he put it in the device holder at the centre of the dashboard. A GPS system automatically came to life. He now rummaged through the glove compartment, finding a heaset that could allow him to call and take calls while driving. Deciding to test it, FUNGUS rung up Wyatt as he started the car. The engine rumbled to life with an almighty roar as his call went through.

"0719 to 0685, do you want to work with me? Over."

Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:27 am

Kuru hopped up to the desk to retrieve his communication device. Down his sleeve dropped a screw driver. Using his wits he quickly disassembled the device and reassembled it as quick as he disassmbled it. It was slecker. He turned it on and the interface was different. He slid the screw driver back up his sleeve. "I'll be on my way captain!" He saluted Vision as if he was Hitler. He dropped by his lab before he left. He saw the body still on his table. The limbs were starting melt away. "Ewwww. That'd be a nasty mess to clean up when I return." He stabbed the body with the spiked end of his weapon. He proceeded into his closet again and grabbed a capsle. He then proceeded outside, leaving his room completely open.

Once outside he saw their tramsportation. "Just hideos," he said looking at thr large SUV. He took his weapon and chopped the car to pieces. He threw the capsle up into the sky. In an instant it transformed into a motorcycle type vehicle that hovered above the ground. He put on a large smile then hopped on and drove away.

Blue Mage wrote:
Nope, that chick's got tits. Pedobear ain't on that.

Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:22 pm
Site Moderator

Before going there, he dashed to his room to get his casual clothing. It was a simple room, nothing much but a bed and desk, and a few ration bars that no one would eat unless they were seriously starving. Checking under the bed, he found it, a hoodie, jeans, and sneakers. Holding them under his left arm, he was about to leave, but thinking it over, got the ration bars and finally left.

As he entered the lot, he heard FUNGUS's voice through the device. "Suuuure, uh over" Wyatt replied in a suprised manner, looking at the various vehicles that would probably get odd looks from the superhumans. "So where we're starting?" he asked, taking the passenger's seat, biting on a ration bar.

Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:39 pm

Wyatt was dressed in casual clothes as he entered the vehicle. He was not even that experienced with radio protocols. This may just work in their favour.

"Call me Mieville," he said before quickly adding, "Put your seat belt on."

He had over-revved the engine before slipping the clutch in to drive, lifting the front wheels slightly as the rear wheels ate the tarmac and propelled them forward regardless of whether Wyatt had done what Mieville had asked or not. Shooting out of exit ramp with great speed Mieville steered them on to the mountain road instead of the one that connected to the highway. It was easier to drive almost recklessly out of sight of law enforcement. The mud and gravel underneath had less grip than tarmac so Mieville slowed down as he approached the bend in the trail and took it sideways. The first corner rounded, Mieville turned his attention to the GPS and looked for the nearest town.

"We're heading for the nearest town. Its the most logical place to start," Mieville started once again, "I already have a plan, but you have to answer me first. Do you want to be the good cop or the bad cop?"

Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:56 am

Stinger was still sleeping atop the height of the trees in the fetal position.
He was dreaming of his past, memories came flooding into his mind.

He remembered when his eyes first opened to the world...
He was floating in a large glass tube full of green liquid, with many longer plastic tubes strapped to his back.
when his eyes first opened, he saw only the face of Dr.Kuru operating some sort of machine...

then the glass tube opened and Jona fell to the floor, all was black around him....
until he saw he Vision, who extended his hand out to the young monsterous superhuman, Jona took his hand and...

His eyes opened he awoke, it was still daytime so he assumed he was only asleep for a sum of 30 minutes or less.
He got up from his fetal postion, feeling refreshed from his fatique he jumped down from the tree, only to be bombarded by the sound of crying and the words..."I'm scared.." he heard in his mind.

He knew the truck wasn't far off now.
He began to continue his chase after the vehicle.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:29 am
Site Moderator

"Sure" Wyatt responded as he put the seat belt on. And just on time, as FUNGUS sped up, though slowed on the dirt.

"Good Cop." Wyatt said, still chewing on the bar. "I tend to roughhouse and go too far."

Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:57 am

"Suit yourself Wyatt," Mieville replied.

It wasn't exactly hard to physically be the bad cop but Mieville would rather not hurt the children. Thank goodness he had some knowledge of forceful interrogation even if it was slight. What Mieville hasn't been taught was vehicular pursuit. Well he could always improvise.

"Our cover story is that we're a pair of bail agents," Mieville spoke again, "Its the politically correct term for bounty hunters, and it sounds less frightening too. If anyone asks, we're after lost and runaway children. Additionally, if possible, I'd like to bring in the children unharmed. In order for this to work, we'll need to appear unarmed and since you're the good cop, try to act like you want to help them. Also we need to hide overt uses of our power. Can you do that at least?"

Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:18 pm
Site Moderator

"Sure, not like my powers would help." Wyatt said. He could probably He doubted there would be no fights, though only having a few would help (if not a boring help anyway). "By the way." he said as he stared out the window. "Did you work with any of the children? I haven't".

Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:39 pm

"No, I haven't," Mieville admitted, "What I do have, is what most of the children did not, parental love."

The trees soon parted as they reached a high point in the mountain. As Mieville coaxed the Chevelle sideways down the mountain road, a small town came in to view. It looked peaceful and idyllic. Mieville wished it would remain so. However, there were to be battles that have yet to be fought and fates yet to be decided. Who knew what that town would resemble once the hunters and the hunted went through it.

Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:47 am
Site Moderator

"Interesting" Wyatt muttered, supressing a yawn. "Wonder what some of the children are like." a town was in view, a nice place he thought. Too bad it'll probably be a battlefield if things go correctly and wrongly at the same time.

"So who was it? Your "parent" I mean."

Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:17 pm
Site Admin

OOC: Kerim! Answer the phone!

Inside a diner a woman with a washcloth was drying a mug while looking out the large glass windows at the front of the shop. The chef rang the bell and three steaming plates of pancakes were freshly waiting for her on the counter. She expertly picked up the plates and slid them over to the table she was serving. The people there were visitors, she knew everyone in town and she had never seen these people before. A woman, was drinking a cup of coffee thoughtfully while looking out the window, something was on her mind. She was accompanied by three children, a boy and twin girls, both looking around at everything with slight awe and excitement, it was like they've lived inside their whole lives.

She slid the plates onto the table with a smile "Three hotcakes fresh from the chefs kitchen" said the waitress cheerily. The children smiled thankfully at the woman and tentatively tried the pancakes then tore into them after the first bite.
"Thanks Thalia" said the woman with the coffee.

"Oh no problem, hun. Just doing my job. Need a refill?" the woman shook her head yes, and Thalia went to get the coffee pot. When she went to look back at the table all four of them were hiding under the table. Thalia walked over with a confused expression on her face, she bent down to look at them.

"What are you guys doing?" she asked, concerned.

The woman frowned "N-nothing just please...don't draw any attention to the diner."

"Well hiding under the table really isn't the best idea then." said Thalia worriedly looking around, she spotted a car in the distance, no one in town had that car. The group returned to the table though they looked very nervous, as if they were going to flee at a moment's notice.

A man floated down onto the body of Alexander, he placed his ears to the boy's mouth, he was still breathing. There was no sign of bruising and his pulse was strong, he was simply knocked unconscious. The man's face was visibly angry, a simple walkie talkie hung from his waist, he picked it up.

"Orage to Tabby Cat" he said into the device.

"Tabby here" said an upbeat voice.

"I've found one of them here. Come pick him up, I'm still on a trail."

"Roger, I'll be there in a few minutes." Orage nodded approvingly of himself, he propelled himself into the heavens. Clouds began to shift and swirl around him as he flew forwards, the strong scent blowing in the wind leading him to his target.

"I'm scared" surged a child's voice into his mind. He picked up his speed and flew faster, the clouds swirling intensly as he sped through the stratosphere. A small creature was moving below him, just as Margie had described. Lightning flew through the man's hand and struck the ground in front of the creature. He lowered himself with a powerful swirling gust of air. "Pawn of the facility, stop whatever you're doing." Another bolt of lightning arced from his hand to the ground again.

All the passengers in the vehicle excluding the lumberjack looked over to the child. "How far can she communicate telepathically!?" One of the superhumans exclaimed. "Did she do that on purpose?" The truck bounced about as it landed roughly on a dirt path, while turning back to its original form. In a matter of seconds they were on a busy highway leading towards a very large city in the distance, skyscrapers, and other tall buildings could be seen in the distance, surrounded by monorails that went to and from the city very quickly. Terrence had managed to bandage and clean Sabrina's wound while they flew, and now Sabrina eagerly looked ahead to their possible safe haven.

Esther watched interestingly as the electricity from the socket ran to his finger where he gobbled it up greedily. "Woah so cool!" she exclaimed. Huntress entered the clearing, a smile on her face, she knew where they had went, and by doing so they had trapped themselves. She ran towards the door of the cabin, and knocked on it gently. "Children" she called out sweetly "Come out now or I'll have to hurt you" she said in a fake sing songy voice. Esther looked at the electric boy with a scared expression.

"We'll have to go through the windows!" she said, looking around fearfully as if Huntress could rip through a wall.

A troupe of five superhumans wandered through the forest. One of them impatiently slammed his fist into the trunk of a tree, it leaned over at an awkward angle, almost as if it would topple over. A bright green eyed, superhumans ran over to the impatient boy, punching him in the arm. "What's the matter with you!?" exclaimed the superhuman. "You're going to get us all killed!" The other three watched as the superhuman was scolded.

"I'm tired of this, running. We should be fighting!" replied the super strong superhuman.

"Don" piped up a soft spoken girl "Now's not the time to fight, besides there is only five of us, and a whole facility of them. Maybe one day we'll be able to strike back, but now is not the time." The other two superhumans shook their heads in agreement. Donald sighed audibly and began walking, the rest followed behind him, careful not to make too much noise.

The phone continued to ring in Edmund's apartment.

Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:28 am

Soon after Jona had continued to follow the scent of the truck, a little after he came upon what appeared to be a city,...but just a few seconds ago he was in a forest, how did this transition just happen?
The Scent of the truck was still strong enough for him to track but....it seemed to be going upward, did it somehow grow wings?

He looked up in the air, and saw something flying off in the distance......

"Could it be?" Stinger thought to himself..
He needed to rethink his strategy in order for him to apprehend his targets.

Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:59 am
 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next