The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:14 pm

[ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia IX [Cave Story] 

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem (6-9), Shadow Dragon, Infamous, SSB, GNT4
Believeblood wrote:
Crabby wrote:
Seems like the alignment didn't switch until day 2 start.

Then how would Densetsu also be a target for sonicstormers ability? If you only had one night to communicate to aim for targets then how could the doctor told Sonicstormer to aim for me AND Densetsu.

The more I read into this the weirder it sounds for many reasons.
1)You didn't know the doctors identity, meaning that the mafia would not have been able to cooperate with one another during the day. They wouldn't know who their leader was and it would lead them off balance.
Correct, we didn't know the doctor's identity
2)Speaking of balance, converting 2 mafia people into townies is very overpowered especially considering that the jester is an easy role to fulfill and the fact that a mafia of 3 in a town of 15 already sounds underpowered as it is.
Agree with you here.
3)The fact that you forgot that me and Densetsu were targets and didn't realize it until now is very unsettling.
I was just informed about this part of my role; I didn't "forget" anything. If sonic was actually active, all this would have been brought up the previous day.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:29 pm
SSF2 Developer

Let's wait for sonicstormer38 to post. Or just go for Crabby.

I'll go back and check what he said with his posts, but eh.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:38 pm
SSF2 Developer

Probably post any findings in a while.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:38 pm
SSF2 Developer

First off, this.
Quote:
I was just informed about this part of my role; I didn't "forget" anything. If sonic was actually active, all this would have been brought up the previous day.

What do you mean by "just"? When exactly? Night 2?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:40 pm

I was just informed in skype a couple of hours ago. He forgot to tell me about it when I switched for Pachino.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:52 pm

I'm willing to wait for Sonicstormer to confirm this.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:04 am

Plan to wait for a long time then.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:12 am
SSF2 Developer

OK, re-read some stuff. For now, even if I were to go with what Crabby said, I'll take it with a huge grain of salt.

After his claim:
Quote:
modkill me plz no hope for town win anyways

Quote:
lol
Vote: Densetsu

modkill me if I'm about to be killed by fail town plz

I'd take that he received his role-change BEFORE he claimed. At this point, he probably knows that there is only one or two people left, putting the Town at a significant advantage. Yet he doesn't seem very optimistic about the situation. Furthermore, he didn't say anything about Densetsu's suspicion being actually founded (since he was, well, mafia, anyways) and instead acted like Densetsu's read was really off.
Quote:
Vote: Believeblood

I strongly believe the scum we are looking for are Believeblood, Equinox, and Infinity/Densetsu. I've been a bit unsure about the third member and am the most sure about Equinox.

It could have helped if you realized Believeblood and Densetsu are Town-sided when you posted this :/
Not sure what's happening here.

Quote:
I'd suggest three things. Either kill Deph, the third party, lynch me to prove I'm telling the truth, or lynch Believeblood my FOS for Doctor.

If you think Believeblood is Doctor, why did you vote for him that much back before you realized you switched alignments? Yeah. This makes me raise my eyebrow.

Quote:
I want to be able to lynch at least ONE of my FOS this game, and at the moment, Believeblood has the highest chance of this happening.

Having spent the majority of the game as Maifa, it catches my attention that you came up with FOS's.
Quote:
It also seems like the doctor needs enraged mimigma to kill, which is why two people have died each time. So it's actually only the doctor. Disregard what I said earlier.

Huh. So he never told you how his ability worked? That's...possible...but...hmm.

Quote:
I'm handing all the info to you on a silver platter here. Please listen to me for once. We still have a mislynch; lynch me or sonicstorm if you want to confirm that what I said is true.

Ummm...sounds like a plan? :/

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:26 am
SSF2 Developer

Quote:
I'd take that he received his role-change BEFORE he claimed. At this point, he probably knows that there is only one or two people left, putting the Town at a significant advantage. Yet he doesn't seem very optimistic about the situation. Furthermore, he didn't say anything about Densetsu's suspicion being actually founded (since he was, well, mafia, anyways) and instead acted like Densetsu's read was really off.

Meant to say "At this point, he probably knows that there is only one or two Mafia left, putting the Town at a significant advantage."

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 am

This entire post doesn't make any sense. First off, I, personally, was never mafia. By the time I replaced Pachino, the alignment change had already occurred.
135 wrote:
OK, re-read some stuff. For now, even if I were to go with what Crabby said, I'll take it with a huge grain of salt.

After his claim:
Quote:
modkill me plz no hope for town win anyways

Quote:
lol
Vote: Densetsu

modkill me if I'm about to be killed by fail town plz

No. At this point in time, I was unoptimistic because town was likely to mislynch and lose. At this point, I was not informed about the other portion of my role and still believed there were two or three mafia lurking around.
Quote:
Vote: Believeblood

I strongly believe the scum we are looking for are Believeblood, Equinox, and Infinity/Densetsu. I've been a bit unsure about the third member and am the most sure about Equinox.

It could have helped if you realized Believeblood and Densetsu are Town-sided when you posted this :/
Not sure what's happening here.
Again, I wasn't informed that I used to be mafia at this point and, therefore, did not have access to the corresponding quick topic.
Quote:
I'd suggest three things. Either kill Deph, the third party, lynch me to prove I'm telling the truth, or lynch Believeblood my FOS for Doctor.

If you think Believeblood is Doctor, why did you vote for him that much back before you realized you switched alignments? Yeah. This makes me raise my eyebrow.
Yes, I thought he was "The Doctor." The character, not the role. You misunderstand , again. :/
Quote:
I want to be able to lynch at least ONE of my FOS this game, and at the moment, Believeblood has the highest chance of this happening.

Having spent the majority of the game as Maifa, it catches my attention that you came up with FOS's.
I spent no time as mafia. By the time I replaced, I was town.
Quote:
It also seems like the doctor needs enraged mimigma to kill, which is why two people have died each time. So it's actually only the doctor. Disregard what I said earlier.

Huh. So he never told you how his ability worked? That's...possible...but...hmm.
Again, I haven't spent ANY time as mafia, and Pachino was only mafia for one night. Also, that's not the doctor's ability. (I don't know what it is since he didn't tell us.) That's just how mafia kill in general.

Quote:
I'm handing all the info to you on a silver platter here. Please listen to me for once. We still have a mislynch; lynch me or sonicstorm if you want to confirm that what I said is true.

Ummm...sounds like a plan? :/

You've misunderstood practically everything...

Please just accept the fact that I'm town.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:10 am

Okay guys, listen.

First of all, I would just like to say that everything Crabby has said so far is true. I am indeed Misery, and I was part of the mafia until Ballos died, in which I then became a townie. This means that there is only one mafia left in the game.

Believeblood, you seem to have forgotten that we started this game in the night instead of the day. It was during night 0 that the Doctor told me to use my ability on you. During night 1, I was released from the Doctor's control, so I ignored what he said when he told me to use my ability on Densetsu and used my ability on Panthera Leo instead.

Which now brings me to some important information which you guys need to know. The ability I've been using throughout the game is an ability which allows me to pick a player, and find out one of their active abilities. Ever since I became a townie, I have been using this ability on the players which haven't been confirmed innocent, in order to find an ability which would be suitable for the Doctor. And guess what? On night 2, I used my ability on Infinity, and he has an ability which allows him to kill someone every night AND be unaffected by protection and roleblocking abilities while doing so. I don't know about you guys, but this doesn't look like a townie ability to me.

Vote: Infinity

Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:03 am

MGN Username: Equinox
Currently Playing: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.
sonicstormer38 wrote:
Okay guys, listen.

First of all, I would just like to say that everything Crabby has said so far is true. I am indeed Misery, and I was part of the mafia until Ballos died, in which I then became a townie. This means that there is only one mafia left in the game.

Believeblood, you seem to have forgotten that we started this game in the night instead of the day. It was during night 0 that the Doctor told me to use my ability on you. During night 1, I was released from the Doctor's control, so I ignored what he said when he told me to use my ability on Densetsu and used my ability on Panthera Leo instead.

Which now brings me to some important information which you guys need to know. The ability I've been using throughout the game is an ability which allows me to pick a player, and find out one of their active abilities. Ever since I became a townie, I have been using this ability on the players which haven't been confirmed innocent, in order to find an ability which would be suitable for the Doctor. And guess what? On night 2, I used my ability on Infinity, and he has an ability which allows him to kill someone every night AND be unaffected by protection and roleblocking abilities while doing so. I don't know about you guys, but this doesn't look like a townie ability to me.

Hey, that does sound like a non-townie ability. We can't let that stay around too much longer.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:11 am

sonicstormer38 wrote:
Okay guys, listen.

Wait wait wait. Before I believe you, I want you to tell us mine and Densetsu's abilities first.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:38 am

Scratch that I'm a little sleepy, just tell us my ability.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:45 am

Believeblood wrote:
Scratch that I'm a little sleepy, just tell us my ability.

According to my results, you do not have any active abilities.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:50 am
 [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next