The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:47 pm

[ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Rayman 

MGN Username: Knuckles for SSF2
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
Yeah, this character looks insane, easily the best of the new characters.
Well, Waa and Lucario ARE really good as well.
But Rayman is ridicuolous.
Down Air is easily the best in the game
Amazing Specials
Basically, Rayman is Luffy X Pacman.
That's REALLY scary.

Ultimate Secondaries: Toon Link, R.O.B. Richter, Roy, King K Rool, Lucas

Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:46 pm

MGN Username: T-Permutation
Currently Playing: Parsec and sometimes Fightcade.
Also, I saw that many people are struggling on how difficult is to hit the plum when you're offstage because the plum disappears suddenly when it touches the blast zone reminding that rayman's tilt (up, down and forward but the last one is needless) have moderate startup lag which is bad in case you wanna recovery as safe as possible, surprisingly I noticed that rayman's jump can currently pass through the ledge, and his up b is a little helper for make him to reach the ledge without any problem on it. Hence he also has a great vertical jump plus the helicopter if he can't reach the ledge with safety.

Good times at helping this great community
My discord: TheGodTierCeviche#0303

Also join Zimbax's discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/eevq7YJ

Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:25 am

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
i just realized
the plum will be absolutely ridiculous in doubles, i tested it out and you can put megaman's/bomberman's bomb in the plum and it will stay until detonated, imagine possibilities
oh and you can also play tennis with the damn thing to increase pressure, might require a lot of synchronization though
you will also crash the match (not the game, mind you) if you have lucario standing on the plum while he's charging aura sphere, which then crashes just right during the point where he gets star ko'd.
this special is so damn dumb, i love it

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:21 am

Alright, I found that you can CHAINGRAB with Neutral-B. Here are the % I was able to get every character to.
:mario: - 108
:luigi: - 96
:peach: - 54
:bowser: - 126
:yoshi: - 78
:wario: - 150
:waluigi: - 126
:donkeykong: - 162
:link: - 102
:zelda: - 36
:sheik: - 126
:captainfalcon: - 150
:pikachu: - 90
:jigglypuff: - 24
:pichu: - 84
:lucario: - 108
:kirby: - 48
:metaknight: - 72
:bandanadee: - 42
:fox: - 54
:falco: - 54
:krystal: - 138
:samus: - 42
:zerosuitsamus: - 108
:ness: - 84
:marth: - 84
:pit: - 108
:isaac: - 90
:chibirobo: - 108
:gameandwatch: - 60
:sonic: - 114
:tails: - 90
:megaman: - 114
:ryu: - 138
:pacman: - 78
:lloyd: - 96
:simon: - 120
:bomberman: - 144
:blackmage: - 72
:sora: - 90
:rayman: - 72
:goku: - 120
:luffy: - 114
:naruto: - 96
:ichigo: - 156
:sandbag: - 120

Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:21 pm

Am I the only one who wants Rayman's ( :rayman: 's) claw to be able to throw opponents back?

Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:23 pm

No.
I want that too.
But eh, still gives him a chaingrab, which is convenient.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:45 pm

MGN Username: bagrielmarmanjo
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N (rarely), GBA Kirby Games, SSBC, Deltarune
Waifu: i like bepis
Vanilla wrote:
I wonder how many people know about this?

Rayman's dash attack has a second part of the move performed by pressing the attack button again while dashing.

I found out about that when i've seen he only did the slide part when doing his dash attack.

out of ideas here '-'

Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:31 pm

MGN Username: CraftGMC
Waifu: Random No. Generator
bagrielmarmanjo wrote:
Vanilla wrote:
I wonder how many people know about this?

Rayman's dash attack has a second part of the move performed by pressing the attack button again while dashing.

I found out about that when i've seen he only did the slide part when doing his dash attack.

Actually you only need to hold the attack input.

Edit:
I was wondering whether should i post this in Sandbag's topic or Rayman's for a moment.
I think it fits better in here because Rayman is the "main" part of the tech needed, perhaps i'll make a "Prepare for trouble, and make it double!" list that is all about Rayman techs for Doubles

Get ready for possibly the most broken and overpowered edgeguard tech to ever exist in this game:
At the cost of your Sandbag teammate's damage (And honestly, sandbag most definitely enjoys it), you can continuously drop bombs under a platform or ledge by spamming Rayman's NeutralB and Sandbag's UpB!
Sandbag MUST be mid-air in order for this to work, if he's grabbed while on ground, the bob-omb will immediately explode.

Edit 2:
After a little testing with his Plum recovery, i believe i've found the best way to gain vertical recovery:
Up-Tilt + spam UpB

If i'm not mistaken, the plum eventualy builds up enough damage for an Up-Tilt to go higher, right? but for a quick start you'll want to use UpB's right after the first Up-Tilt
Be careful since you're technically jumping off of the plum when doing UpB and so it won't drag you forward, only upwards

Well, old friends, this is the day where everything will be archived for all to see and reminisce about.
This isn't a farewell, but rather a "See you later", as we move on to the next world

who'd've guessed my secondaries bit would have a new purpose!

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:17 pm

BandanaDeeMain wrote:
Alright, I found that you can CHAINGRAB with Neutral-B. Here are the % I was able to get every character to.
:mario: - 108
:luigi: - 96
:peach: - 54
:bowser: - 126
:yoshi: - 78
:wario: - 150
:waluigi: - 126
:donkeykong: - 162
:link: - 102
:zelda: - 36
:sheik: - 126
:captainfalcon: - 150
:pikachu: - 90
:jigglypuff: - 24
:pichu: - 84
:lucario: - 108
:kirby: - 48
:metaknight: - 72
:bandanadee: - 42
:fox: - 54
:falco: - 54
:krystal: - 138
:samus: - 42
:zerosuitsamus: - 108
:ness: - 84
:marth: - 84
:pit: - 108
:isaac: - 90
:chibirobo: - 108
:gameandwatch: - 60
:sonic: - 114
:tails: - 90
:megaman: - 114
:ryu: - 138
:pacman: - 78
:lloyd: - 96
:simon: - 120
:bomberman: - 144
:blackmage: - 72
:sora: - 90
:rayman: - 72
:goku: - 120
:luffy: - 114
:naruto: - 96
:ichigo: - 156
:sandbag: - 120

Actually after doing some testing with this I figured out that some characters can just DI away to escape, and some can DI in and punish Rayman for attempting it. So, its not really true, but maybe you could read your opponents DI. If they DI away you could run after them and grab again, and if they DI in you could maybe jump and make it a ladder or up air.
edit: DI in on Captain Falcon is true until 18% but he can DI away and escape, and DK (66% out,150% DI in), Bowser (116% DI out, 108 DI in), Ichigo(12% DI out ,66% DI in), Waluigi(12% DI out, 120% DI in) and Wario (24% DI out, 114% DI in) DI in works for a while.

Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:26 pm

MGN Username: MegucoRepi
Plum is starting to break te game, to solve the problems that are not glitches, like black mage's 0-to-death plum combo that you can find in his topic and Tower of Salvation's hazard being killed when hit by it. The move may need to change, so I got some ideas.

1- Plum could lose most of it's horizontal movement when being hit. /It would solve those insane horizontal 0-to-death combos;
2- Plum could break and disappear when it hit's an opponent the first time, but continue to exist when being hit by the players. /It would solve problems like the Tower of Salvation's hazard bug (it probably happens to hazards from Mario's stages and others too);
3- Plum could break and disappear after receiving a hit from an opponent. /It would also solve those insane horizontal 0-to-death combos.

These are just some separated ideas that I thought could help the special to properly work.

Pockets: :jigglypuff: :tails: :metaknight: :peach: :naruto: :sora: :kirby: :sheik: :sonic: :wario: :bowser: :ichigo: :mario: :fox: :falco: :bandanadee: :pacman: :luffy: :goku: :isaac: :lloyd: :pikachu: :pichu: :lucario:

Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:57 am

As a competitive player I don't see any glaring problems with plum. Normally all items and hazards are off so there is nothing to get carried off the screen and possibly crash the game, also the Black Mage 0 to death I have not seen yet, but I do know of a 0 to death on most characters, but that is just another tool that makes him good.

Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:36 pm

Sorry for double posting but I am planning to make 2 in depth guide on Rayman.
The first just about Rayman's moves and their frame data.
The second is going to be entirely about Plum. What I mean is how his move set interacts with it and what you actually do with it outside of upwards recovery.

So if anyone has any knowledge about Rayman's Frame Data or anything send it to me through my Discord DM's.
My discord is Crosstails20#9490

Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:40 pm

LeafarTrinitski wrote:
Plum is starting to break te game, to solve the problems that are not glitches, like black mage's 0-to-death plum combo that you can find in his topic and Tower of Salvation's hazard being killed when hit by it. The move may need to change, so I got some ideas.

1- Plum could lose most of it's horizontal movement when being hit. /It would solve those insane horizontal 0-to-death combos;
2- Plum could break and disappear when it hit's an opponent the first time, but continue to exist when being hit by the players. /It would solve problems like the Tower of Salvation's hazard bug (it probably happens to hazards from Mario's stages and others too);
3- Plum could break and disappear after receiving a hit from an opponent. /It would also solve those insane horizontal 0-to-death combos.

These are just some separated ideas that I thought could help the special to properly work.
I actually thought the plum was going to be nerfed from the tester builds and become "breakable", where after taking the equivalent of, say 20 - 30% from any source, it would get destroyed, but nope. At least i can enjoy the broken mechanics and hunt for more bugs and possible techs, i have a lot of fun with glitch-hunting.
Also, when the plum is about to despawn from being onstage, you can just punch to prevent it from despawning completely, which i find very weird honestly. (If they do make the plum "breakable", maybe make it show the despawn blink as an indication that it took too much damage, then it disappears)

Crosstails20 wrote:
Sorry for double posting but [...]
There is an edit button on the top-right corner of your posts, remember that from now on.

Prepare for trouble, and make it Doubles!
Some possible shenanigans that can be done with Rayman's plum, some can be done in any kind of match, some are only useful in Doubles, and others are just for the heck of it:

:kirby:
inhale boost: show
The windbox will pull the plum towards kirby and make it "boost" to that direction, along with likely sucking anyone in the way. spitting the opponent out will damage the plum and make it hit kirby though.

:falco:
shine ladder: show
This sounds like a "really bad suggestion" come to life: Give falco infinite jumps on shine. (does not work 100% of the time)

:bomberman:
Bomb delivery: show
As mentioned by Gudako, Bomberman can place his bombs on top of the plum and deal some insane damage with this. (Megaman can do a similar thing, but i'm not quite putting him on the list since i haven't quite found something more unique)

:pacman:
double whammy: show
Image Image Image
lag machine: show
This is only possible when Rayman is invincible (such as after a respawn)
Pac+Ray may aswell have infinite potential together and i don't think i have enough brain power to control both Rayman and Pac-Man to find more techs (by the way the plum is unaffected by the trampoline)

:blackmage:
ultra wavehaste: show
Image Image Image
By connecting Haste on an opponent top of the plum, Black Mage will quickly fly towards a direction as he gets dragged by the plum (direction depends on which side of the plum is he standing on), this can be partially or completely avoided by using Stop first
Tag with death: show
The plum can be reaper'd and the spike hitbox affects any opponent within range of the reaper, not just the plum.
Plus, when the plum gets near an opponent while reaper'd, it'll "transfer" the curse to them for some reason. (As i've recently tested, happens on any opponent, not just rayman)

:ness:
oh no: show
Please don't.

:sandbag: (No plum)
Bombs Away: show
By having Rayman use NeutralB on Sandbag during UpB, the team can spawn bob-ombs just about anywhere in the arena

(boy did this take quite a few quick, small edits with typos or typing the wrong word/forgetting to delete it)

Well, old friends, this is the day where everything will be archived for all to see and reminisce about.
This isn't a farewell, but rather a "See you later", as we move on to the next world

Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:58 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
The lovechild of Luffy and Pac-man is a very apt term, but what people seem to be forgetting is that Rayman’s classification as this means that there is a huge barrel of weaknesses that come with it.

Rayman has a lot of outright blindspots on his normals and very little in the way of disjointed hitboxes outside of Lockjaw, which actually makes Rayman a little unfortunate in terms of the trading department and giving him some serious problems vs characters with good disjoints. Plum also as a recovery is very inconsistent which unfortunately makes Rayman’s disadvantage not the best, especially as some characters will have very little trouble knocking Rayman off the plum and then he’ll be a little bit f***, and in the advantage state, Plum also suffers the Pac-man problem of being very easy to use against Rayman as all you gotta do is hit it back with pretty much anything to completely change the tide/ownership.This also sucks because Rayman’s recovery without Plum makes Bandana Dee’s recovery look like Smash 4 Sheik’s.

Now I’ll admit, Rayman has some seriously good tools such as Dair, DTilt, Lockjaw and Tornado, and he’ll probably be very good in doubles, but he’s not the best of the new characters by a long shot, especially when he has some utterly abysmal matchups in characters like Simon, Ichigo and other similarly good disjoint users.

Mid tier at worst. Could potentially creep into high tier later on, but is probably an upper-mid tier character as it stands. This character will fall off when the meta develops more.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:58 am

So, our first hotfix came out and it says that Rayman's Lockjaw (and kirby copy's equivalent) can no longer infinite.

This was how it was like in 1.2

And now here is how it behaves in 1.2.0.1

Seems like it has been given more base knockback, so now this Sandbag+Rayman tech is no longer absolutely broken in doubles (rayman can still just use his grab on the ledge/platforms for the bomb-dropping techs though, but this is much less effective)

Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:32 am
 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5