The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:01 pm

[ 10 posts ] 
Road To 20CR - The Complete SSF2 Chibi-Robo Guide [WIP!] 
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight

Click the picture at the top of this post to access the guide. It is a .pdf file, so if your browser asks you to confirm a download, that is completely normal. I promise I'm not trying to get malware on your PC! When in doubt, just click "Open in XY" instead of "Save As..." and see for yourself.

If you have been around for a while before Beta, you may remember me writing a guide for 0.9b Chibi called Let's Go Chibi-Robo! way back in the day. Well, guess what, here is the Beta version of it! Just like it's predecessor, Road to 20CR is very much a Work In Progress right now. This means that all information in the guide is subject to change, either by myself or a balance patch. If you find any errors in the guide or think I missed something, feel free to let me know below! As of now, I have completed a General Overview for the character and a detailed moveset analysis to help all you aspiring Chibi mains out there, but if you read the Table of Contents included, you may notice that I have a lot more planned for this. I will use this thread to keep you all updated on anything important regarding the guide, as well as let you guys give (constructive!) criticism, feedback, ideas and anything else you want to discuss regarding the guide.

Special thanks go to Mr. Z, Starkiller, Happyfrozenfire, Drarky, Wooly and Refurin.

Changelog:
Version 1.0.0 [02/05/2018] - Published Guide! General Overview & Introducion and Moveset Analysis completed.
Version 1.0.1 [02/06/2018] - Fixed a formatting error that majorly messed with the page structure.

Up next: Neutral Game and General Strategies

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:45 am

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
The Dark Chibi Knight wrote:
[ [url=https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/98139060823924736/408395284763115520/Header.png]Image ][/url]

Click the picture at the top of this post to access the guide. It is a .pdf file, so if your browser asks you to confirm a download, that is completely normal. I promise I'm not trying to get malware on your PC! When in doubt, just click "Open in XY" instead of "Save As..." and see for yourself.

If you have been around for a while before Beta, you may remember me writing a guide for 0.9b Chibi called Let's Go Chibi-Robo! way back in the day. Well, guess what, here is the Beta version of it! Just like it's predecessor, Road to 20CR is very much a Work In Progress right now. This means that all information in the guide is subject to change, either by myself or a balance patch. If you find any errors in the guide or think I missed something, feel free to let me know below! As of now, I have completed a General Overview for the character and a detailed moveset analysis to help all you aspiring Chibi mains out there, but if you read the Table of Contents included, you may notice that I have a lot more planned for this. I will use this thread to keep you all updated on anything important regarding the guide, as well as let you guys give (constructive!) criticism, feedback, ideas and anything else you want to discuss regarding the guide.

Special thanks go to Mr. Z, Starkiller, Happyfrozenfire, Drarky, Wooly and Refurin.

Changelog:
Version 1.0.0 [02/05/2018] - Published Guide! General Overview & Introducion and Moveset Analysis completed.
Version 1.0.1 [02/06/2018] - Fixed a formatting error that majorly messed with the page structure.

Damn if this guide isn't in-depth! Great job Dark Chibi Knight! Maybe this will help me actually fight as Chibi. I've been having some trouble with the uair though. Is the sweetspot diagonally forward and up or straight up?

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:36 am
BR Member

Thats the sweetspot. Right on the plug :chibirobo:

Attachments:
56091_-_Copia.png
56091_-_Copia.png [ 3.66 KiB | Viewed 1719 times ]

Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:49 pm

Is it in the pointy ends or the blunt end? Or the whole plug?

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:41 am
BR Member

Sonario wrote:

Its the whole thing, plus a little bit extra range to the left and right of the plug. This is far from a perfect depiction, but its close enough :chibirobo:

Attachments:
high quality hitbox.png
high quality hitbox.png [ 4.84 KiB | Viewed 1701 times ]

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:40 am

Sonario wrote:

Its the whole thing, plus a little bit extra range to the left and right of the plug. This is far from a perfect depiction, but its close enough :chibirobo:

Wow it's a lot bigger than I thought! Thanks Dark Chibi Knight!

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:20 am

MGN Username: Jadeneck
Currently Playing: SSF2 , Overwatch
Do you still plan on working on this? I'm interested in picking up Chibi, he's pretty fun

Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:47 am

MGN Username: bagrielmarmanjo
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N (rarely), GBA Kirby Games, SSBC, Deltarune
Waifu: i like bepis
oh
um
welcome back bowler

out of ideas here '-'

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:23 pm

MGN Username: CraftGMC
Waifu: Random No. Generator
It was pretty nice when it started talking about using his aerials on the ledge, like, those moves are pretty damn good for both edgeguarding and the other way around
just don't jump too high when using his UAir on the ledge if your opponent is short though, you could say the sweetspot is technically the first frame of the hitbox

Edit: fun fact, Chibi's grab has longer range than Zero Suit Samus' grab, but for some reason she's slower than Chibi at doing so

Edit 2: Chibi's SideB can be used offensively to cheese out bad recoveries, though not nearly as good against characters with good recovery options such as Pit in the GIF below
GIF: show

Well, old friends, this is the day where everything will be archived for all to see and reminisce about.
This isn't a farewell, but rather a "See you later", as we move on to the next world

who'd've guessed my secondaries bit would have a new purpose!

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:18 pm

TSF|Cookies wrote:
[ [url=https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/98139060823924736/408395284763115520/Header.png]Image ][/url]

Changelog:

Why does this remind me of that one time when I was about to post to Strife about a 40 page essay on why Pac-Man was a bad character in 1.0.3.2 as an act of revolt for the BR almost placing pac in top 15 during that patch. :pacman:

Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:42 pm
 [ 10 posts ]