The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:28 pm

[ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
JB's Sprite gallery 

I wouldn't recommend having a skunk be a stripper as backstory. It feels a little out of place for a decidedly childish game.

Also, there must be a pug. Because pugs are the most badass animal every next to platypi.

Commission info - http://reiforce.deviantart.com/journal/

Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Reix wrote:
I wouldn't recommend having a skunk be a stripper as backstory. It feels a little out of place for a decidedly childish game.

Also, there must be a pug. Because pugs are the most badass animal every next to platypi.

Where did you get the impression that this game is childish? The stripper skunk was the first character I came up with for this game, everything else stemmed from that. This game is definitely going to be rather "adult." Not M rated or anything, It won't have blood, gore, sex, or strong language, but there will be violence, crude humor, mild profanity, sexual themes and drug references. So pretty much a T rated game, hypothetically.

Also, sorry no room for a pug. Most of the characters are already thought out. Any extras will be just that, extras. A platypus on the other hand is a must.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:06 pm

JB-the-Hunter wrote:
Reix wrote:

Where did you get the impression that this game is childish? The stripper skunk was the first character I came up with for this game, everything else stemmed from that. This game is definitely going to be rather "adult." Not M rated or anything, It won't have blood, gore, sex, or strong language, but there will be violence, crude humor, mild profanity, sexual themes and drug references. So pretty much a T rated game, hypothetically.

The cartoony sprites and a golden retriever would lead one to assume otherwise, but I suppose you are going after Paul Robertson...

JB-the-Hunter wrote:
Also, sorry no room for a pug. Most of the characters are already thought out. Any extras will be just that, extras. A platypus on the other hand is a must.

BUT PUGS ARE AWESOME.
I feel as if a platypus is a must in any animal themed fighting game.

Commission info - http://reiforce.deviantart.com/journal/

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:30 pm

Reix wrote:
The cartoony sprites and a golden retriever would lead one to assume otherwise, but I suppose you are going after Paul Robertson...

Well the golden retriever is the one character who's supposed to be pretty tame.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:10 pm

Little Mac & Doc Louis
ImageImage

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:09 am

Currently Playing: Ball Breaker with your sister. it's a real game...
Those colors feel so right! Very rich colors indeed. Now all you need is little mike mac in a pink jumpsuit and Doc on a bike.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:21 am

Glad you like the colors, but since I'm hoping to turn this into an expansion, I'll probably have to "brawlify" it.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:58 pm

JB-the-Hunter wrote:
Glad you like the colors, but since I'm hoping to turn this into an expansion, I'll probably have to "brawlify" it.

WAIT waitwaitwait, did you say expansion?

Ok, I'll need to talk to you in PM.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:39 pm

Bottom half of the body needs a little touching up but this is the first time I've actually been satisfied with an idle animation. For some reason they're the hardest type of animation for me to get right.

Also, series icon:

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter on Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:44 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: umib and unib
Waifu: SNAIL
Oh man, that's sexy

Image Image Image

early 2k nostalgia mode

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:49 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
I think it's pretty cool how his hands bop to both sides.

I think more feet work could be involved though; check Dudley in Street Fighter for example;

Just look at how lively the animation is, as opposed to your Mac idle.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:09 am

I don't now, I want to stay true to the games, Mac doesn't move much. He seems to stay more reserved and patient than the rest of the more hyperactive boxers. In fact that's a pretty big part of his character.

Then again there's always those moments in SSB during idle animations where the characters go off on completely different animations. Like Peach's stretches and hair strokes and such. That could work.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:29 pm
Site Moderator

Smash never stays a 100% true to the source material, in the sense that stuff is empathised, exaggerated and modernized to fit within the setting, occasionally taking inspiration from different characters and so forth.

I think it'll be okay to design Mac slightly like boxers in video games. Both Steve Fox and Dudley have a leg switch in the idles and it's a pretty common technique in boxing iirc.

Boxers idle really lively in the ring in general.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:24 pm

I see what you're saying, but at the same, if I want to add something like that in, I'll do it later on. I want to move on to more animations.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:30 pm
Site Moderator

You should sprite a punch like this;

Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:32 pm
 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next