The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:46 pm

[ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Tails 

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Mysteric wrote:
I think Tails's new Up B and Side B moves should just be replaced with his old moves. In my opinion, the previous moves [Rhythm Twister and Tails Whirlwind] were perfectly fine moves that had a lot of fun tied into them. I can't say the same about the new moves; they're just not fun in any way, whether you're the user or the receiver. Whereas the old Side B was a fun combo tool that felt really smooth and nice, the new one is a very slow and clunky command grab that lasts too long for the grab part. And whereas the old Up B had a few cool techniques you could utilize and also gave Tails a good combo finisher, the new one just feels extremely unsatisfying and just ruins the flow of things when I have to remember, "Oh, they replaced it..."

I really didn't think Tails needed a rework of his special moves at all. In fact, the developers could've just replaced Spin Dash with Remote Robot and not have even included Airlift in the first place, since it's literally his Up Throw move with a different ending attack. I'd rather have a more fun Tails than whatever abomination we have now, in my opinion.

I agree that Remote Robot fits a Down-B better, and I do kinda want the old Whirlwind back; however the Spindash is probably too useful tech wise to get rid off, and honestly like Jan said Rhythm Badge was a very spammy move that did it's job as a combo tool a little too well

As for his U-Throw, maybe they could alter it to be the old mechanical boxing glove from his v0.9b U-Smash. That way it won't reuse the whole "carrying the opponent" asset that Airlift currently shares

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:06 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Mysteric wrote:
I think Tails's new Up B and Side B moves should just be replaced with his old moves. In my opinion, the previous moves [Rhythm Twister and Tails Whirlwind] were perfectly fine moves that had a lot of fun tied into them. I can't say the same about the new moves; they're just not fun in any way, whether you're the user or the receiver. Whereas the old Side B was a fun combo tool that felt really smooth and nice, the new one is a very slow and clunky command grab that lasts too long for the grab part. And whereas the old Up B had a few cool techniques you could utilize and also gave Tails a good combo finisher, the new one just feels extremely unsatisfying and just ruins the flow of things when I have to remember, "Oh, they replaced it..."

I really didn't think Tails needed a rework of his special moves at all. In fact, the developers could've just replaced Spin Dash with Remote Robot and not have even included Airlift in the first place, since it's literally his Up Throw move with a different ending attack. I'd rather have a more fun Tails than whatever abomination we have now, in my opinion.

Except I think this works with his playstyle. Tails now caters to a more anti-shield/stage control playstyle. Blaster does loads of shield damage, Airlift is a command grab, Robot forces you to commit to an attack or shield, and Spin Dash can be cancelled into the Tailsdash for additional shield pressure. On the other hand, Rhythm Twister literally felt like it was built to be spammed, and Whirlwind (whilst it was a fun move), seemed like it was a bit out of place in this moveset.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:38 am

MGN Username: Corvid_Crow
Currently Playing: With nice hens out there...
yeah tails' playstyle is fine its only the fact that his design as a character just gives him too much tools tbh

lets go super fast character that controls the stage and can run away whenever and forces people in the air as a character with really good aerials and air drift hahahaha

:ichigo: :gameandwatch: :isaac: :bowser: :luigi: :lloyd: :chibirobo: :bomberman: :metaknight: :megaman: :donkeykong: :sonic: :samus: Image Image

Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:53 am

If no one minds me adding my two cents here, I just wanted to say that I just played as Tails in Classic Mode earlier today, and I've got to say...Tails really needs "Two-Tailed Whirlwind" as his U-Special move back.

I'm sorry, but Remote Robot as his U-Special, combined with the removal of his hover is seriously throwing me off.

I suggest Two-Tailed Whirlwind return as his U-Special, Remote Robot becomes his D-Special, and Spin Dash simply gets kept as his Dash Attack.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:25 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
No. Spindash is vital. End of discussion.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:50 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
I would agree, skailler, if tailsdash was viable. sadly it is not.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:26 pm

Ledge dashing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCoMwa74k6I
Bomb sliding
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIlvoQMgt8E&t=116s

Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:17 pm

MGN Username: TheBlue10
Currently Playing: Life.
Waifu: I have a husbando.
First of all I'd like to point out that this is nothing new, and second, I'd like to point out that the first tech you found is kinda useless due to the endlag of bair.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:32 am

MGN Username: warriorman222
Currently Playing: SSBB, SSF2, COD Ghosts, Pokemon Y
Would like some matchup help for Black mage and Samus.

Black Mage: I don't know how to fight Black Mage's nair. Nair does 70% the first time it hits even when I try and mash out, and it essentially kills me at 90% thanks to bair. If I shield, he just flies behind me causing the hitstun to get me grabbed, or fades away if he can't, forcing me to always roll away and get naired as a punishment. If he can't rotate so I'm behind him, he can just kill me 20% later my using the knockback to fair or sometimes RAR bair me regardless. If the BM doesn't know how to abuse nair (i.e basically just me), I win without trouble. Otherwise, every stock is effectively a 70% handicap because the only move I can ever beat out the frame-1, 360 degree coverage, nearly lagless ,combo starter/kill setup disjoint with is fair or praying he falls into the bomb I just timed.

He can miss nairs and punish my punish with a nair because the punish isn't true. If a uair juggle isn't true, I take 70% instantly. And yet the rest of his kit apart from bair is so easy to beat, and it's infuriating to just have to put my controller down for 6+ seconds because I tried challenging a F-1 spin with an attack doing way more damage than it does (Only to realize priority doens't work that way D:)

I'm sure there's a way to do it, but no matter what direction I sdi the nair, no matter which way I do the nair's last hit, I alwyas get hit by the same uair ladders, bair kill or a grab thanks to the massive amount of time he has to react to where I'm trying to go. The only way I ever manage to beat him is by hoping I get a large stage and running away the whole time, only approaching firectly horizontally so I can actually hurt him. If he's player 1, fairing his nair no longer works and I literally just have to deal with the fact that if he successfully approaches me twice in a stock ,my stock is gone.

Samus: Also frustrating, technically winnable probably. I can outcamp her, but it doesn't matter because port priority doesn't save me from dying to dash attack at 100%, or from her comboes beging perfect on me while I get nothing ore true than 2 fairs sometimes. How do I combo her? Fair turns just about every approach into 80% while destroying the robot before it reaches her, I can't edgeguard her zair or Up-B, I just don't know what to do.

Also, on a lower note, what do you do vs, Ichigo and Marth? I sorta just pray they do something other than nair/fair and punish, but they have little reason to ever do anything else so I find myself just gambling with Side-Bing the gaps and hoping to get a gimp combo off of it.

Secondaries: :luigi: :ichigo: :bowser:

Pockets: :bandanadee: :isaac: :Pichu

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:16 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
I'm really starting to miss the old up-b. The Remote Robot is a bit too annoying when fighting Tails and gets rid of a recovery option.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:12 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
Waifu: Rera (SSVI)
Three reasons why I HATE Beta Tails.

1. He constantly spams Airlift.

2. He is totally vulnerable in midair.

3. He does NOT belong in S Tier.

This is why I like 9b Tails more. I grew up with with 9b Tails, who is way much better than Beta Tails. 9b Tails had a much better Side B, had a Psuedo Wavedash (which they removed in Beta! :cry:), and unlike Beta Tails, he is much more fun to play as!

YouTube Video:

Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:52 pm

MGN Username: Lermonz
PsychoSSF2 wrote:
1. He constantly spams Airlift.

That's hatred for the player, not the character.
PsychoSSF2 wrote:
2. He is totally vulnerable in midair.

I'm not a Tails main myself, but I'm pretty sure Tails thrives in the air
PsychoSSF2 wrote:
3. He does NOT belong in S Tier.

I mean you're technically right, but that was last patch where he absolutely was S tier. But he was nerfed in this patch, so he now isn't S tier. Also that doesn't justify hatred for the character, but rather disagreement with the community.

buh

Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:23 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
The pseudo-wavedash (or just Tailsdash) has not been removed actually. It is considered notably less useful by Tails players, but its still there :chibirobo:

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:06 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
Waifu: Rera (SSVI)
The Dark Chibi Knight wrote:
The pseudo-wavedash (or just Tailsdash) has not been removed actually. It is considered notably less useful by Tails players, but its still there :chibirobo:

Thanks for the info, Dark Chibi Knight! I couldn't pull it off in the game though, and I thought it got removed.

Attachments:
Rainy Turtloid.gif
Rainy Turtloid.gif [ 116.17 KiB | Viewed 2242 times ]

YouTube Video:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:44 pm

Am I the only one who feels Tails is too mobile in the air? In the Sonic games tails could fly but always to a while to get up to speed. He was never able to turn on a dime in the air. Also I wish they brought back the ability to slow your descent by holding up, but I understand for balance reasons while they removed that.

Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:57 pm
 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next