The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 10:42 am

[ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 37  Next
Naruto 
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
he's saying that pokemon y was a bad game duh

no but I think it's interesting that Naruto is complained about more than zss but no one puts him in top tier when we're discussing rankings.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:54 am

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
tson wrote:
he's saying that pokemon y was a bad game duh

no but I think it's interesting that Naruto is complained about more than zss but no one puts him in top tier when we're discussing rankings.

Annoying to fight characters don't always mean top tier >.<

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

Click to expand thumbnail
kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:51 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Just like Pikachu and Marth, Naruto definitely has the attributes of a powerful top-tier. High-damaging combo game, strong and safe stage control, really easy and strong gimp-kill setups. It's all obvious, just no high-level player has picked him up to try abusing every option he has to the fullest to the level of Sheik, Zamus, Fox, Lloyd, etc.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:14 am

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
You know guys.... I hope you know that Naruto sucks if you don't spam. Even though Naruto is messed up, lets be honest here, Naruto's pretty bad without projectiles. Bad recovery, not so good reach, and he's medium in weight. Even though you might all hate Naruto, you guys must understand that Naruto is bad without projectile spam. I mean, you can't go up to a Naruto player and say "Hey, don't use any of your special moves in battle" right? So think about the Naruto players who spam, and think about the Naruto players who don't spam. Btw, when I mean Naruto sucks, I mean he's not as reliable, he's like worse than Mario without his projectile spam lol.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:04 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Naruto is actually pretty good without clones: I've played a fair amount of games with just that. You have good SH aerials for approaches, a crouch for mobility, good tech-chases, decent combos, and OK kill moves.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:13 pm

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Naruto is actually pretty good without clones: I've played a fair amount of games with just that. You have good SH aerials for approaches, a crouch for mobility, good tech-chases, decent combos, and OK kill moves.

yea I was thinking the same thing...
can't be much worse than captain falcon

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:23 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Exactly everything Samurai said and it's an interesting point to make. If clone utility wasn't so potent, Naruto would be very balanced or slightly higher. His already fantastic combo game just becomes phenomenally overwhelming when clones are thrown into the equation.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:05 pm

MGN Username: scum
ShadowMario2600 wrote:
You know guys.... I hope you know that Naruto sucks if you don't spam. Even though Naruto is messed up, lets be honest here, Naruto's pretty bad without projectiles. Bad recovery, not so good reach, and he's medium in weight. Even though you might all hate Naruto, you guys must understand that Naruto is bad without projectile spam. I mean, you can't go up to a Naruto player and say "Hey, don't use any of your special moves in battle" right? So think about the Naruto players who spam, and think about the Naruto players who don't spam. Btw, when I mean Naruto sucks, I mean he's not as reliable, he's like worse than Mario without his projectile spam lol.

This is the exact reason i quit playing Naruto. He's completely reliant on jank to be viable. Fix auto combos moves like dair, nair, up tilt and dash attack, Then his punishes are basically 3 hit combos back into neutral. His aerials for the most part suck because they have terrible hit boxes and bad range. This forces him to over commit to low priority aerials that aren't safe on shield. His bair aswell as the auto combos on nair are pretty much the only things that somewhat make up for this. Naruto has a decent grab game but terrible throws. you get nothing form a up throw or back throw. tech chases on down throw are complete character dependent because he can't reach most opponents quick enough (even if you get the read) to follow up. F-throw is decent but it's easy to DI the second hit to where he can't reliably follow up at around mid percent. Smash attacks suck (except for maybe F-smash which isn't exactly good) and Naruto lacks a horizontal recovery making his recovery bad. This leaves him with a good dash\dash dance, ok tilts\ dash attack, and a super janky projectile game. This character is in desperate need of a rework. 1st I want to see auto combos removed. 2cd give him some better aerials to where his combo game is based on real juggles and chasing an opponent's DI. 3rd fix down throw to where the animation doesn't make him leave the ground. this will allow him to make use of his amazing dash boost grab. 4th and most drastic, remove his clone specials and the OP rasengan shuriken. Instead give him real projectiles. Something like an item based projectile game with projectiles such as the throwing knives or the windmill of shadows that they use in the show. To concluded, I like the idea behind Naruto. A mobile, projectile base character with good punishes. But these things got translated badly. Please make Naruto into a respectable smash bro's character that can actually rival against the character designs of project m characters.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:25 pm

I've seen MML combo with Naruto's back throw, but maybe I'm just doing something wrong. Or it could just be that I was :donkeykong: getting back thrown in low %s

Why are anime characters in SSF2

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:44 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
scumbag wrote:
ShadowMario2600 wrote:

This is the exact reason i quit playing Naruto. He's completely reliant on jank to be viable. Fix auto combos moves like dair, nair, up tilt and dash attack, Then his punishes are basically 3 hit combos back into neutral. His aerials for the most part suck because they have terrible hit boxes and bad range. This forces him to over commit to low priority aerials that aren't safe on shield. His bair aswell as the auto combos on nair are pretty much the only things that somewhat make up for this. Naruto has a decent grab game but terrible throws. you get nothing form a up throw or back throw. tech chases on down throw are complete character dependent because he can't reach most opponents quick enough (even if you get the read) to follow up. F-throw is decent but it's easy to DI the second hit to where he can't reliably follow up at around mid percent. Smash attacks suck (except for maybe F-smash which isn't exactly good) and Naruto lacks a horizontal recovery making his recovery bad. This leaves him with a good dash\dash dance, ok tilts\ dash attack, and a super janky projectile game. This character is in desperate need of a rework. 1st I want to see auto combos removed. 2cd give him some better aerials to where his combo game is based on real juggles and chasing an opponent's DI. 3rd fix down throw to where the animation doesn't make him leave the ground. this will allow him to make use of his amazing dash boost grab. 4th and most drastic, remove his clone specials and the OP rasengan shuriken. Instead give him real projectiles. Something like an item based projectile game with projectiles such as the throwing knives or the windmill of shadows that they use in the show. To concluded, I like the idea behind Naruto. A mobile, projectile base character with good punishes. But these things got translated badly. Please make Naruto into a respectable smash bro's character that can actually rival against the character designs of project m characters.

This gave me the largest amount of cancer.

So you dropped Naruto for Sora, en equal janky character with auto combos as well?

Naruto did have regular projectiles from his series, but the devs dropped this in favor of clones, which Naruto is more well known for.

Also a lot of characters have auto combos and I am so sick of hearing Naruto being the main character getting bashed for it.

Also that is the majority of the top tiers who has jank that makes them viable so I am not sure what you are getting at.

Your ideas on giving Naruto's move set seems like it's out of a hatred for the character.

Naruto has problems, but those are balanced out thanks to his projectile game and stage control.

Also this, Please make Naruto into a respectable smash bro's character that can actually rival against the character designs of project m characters.

This is not PM, I liked how the devs did Naruto. PM kinda makes me sick on how they changed certain characters to much, but for you to say that means you don't actually care about the character at all.

The reason people hate Naruto because he can abuse his options a lot, but so can a lot of other characters. However, Naruto is the escape goat for the rest of the characters with auto combos and janky stuff about them.

I am so glad you dropped this character.

@ShaodwMario
Naruto is a medium-light character.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:29 pm

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
Agreed with above, and about project m[I don't care if lucas is high tier now i want pk freeze _-_]

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:35 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Zero wrote:
He is not that hard to deal with when you get used to him unless, he is one of those Naruto that abuse the hell out of the up b attack.
This is what I was referring to. One cannot argue that "X thing" is not hard to deal with unless "Y thing," because if "Y thing" is an option then "X thing" is necessarily hard to deal with.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:51 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
ZERO_OR wrote:
However, Naruto is the escape goat for the rest of the characters with auto combos and janky stuff about them.

start with the goat, work your way to the bull

Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:31 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Dthrow is mostly guaranteed damage IIRC if you reverse dspec coming down, except for a few characters who can tech roll in between them. Puffballs get rekt.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:05 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Just watching a vid of me against my friend's Naruto, and it makes me mad that Naruto's DA and utilt are so good. Ignoring the fact that both are super easy to combo off of, they are huge hitboxes (DA hits someone on the edge, and as a result tends to send on a shinespike angle), they have decent amount of priority to beat out many moves (DA eats lots of moves, utilt still beats Falcon's dair), they have very little startup and endlag (wakeup DA is really good, the low endlag contributes to its ease of comboing but increases how much it can be spammed. This also goes double for utilt), plus DA distorts his hitbox and allows him to sneak under some moves that would normally be pretty good to use (like Falcon's nair).

Like, I accept that Naruto beats CF, but a Naruto that just spams these two moves is really hard to beat (and it isn't fun trying to beat either imo). The timing to punish is very small against this char. Then, while you try to outspace potential DA's, he throws clones that, even when powershielded, at this range will do nothing to hinder his approach. uggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

The worst for me tho is when they utilt, but hit you with the back hitbox. It's just like, come on man, you made the wrong call on where I was going but you still get rewarded with a free combo. I feel the same way about Fox's utilt if you get hit with it while in front of him, but thats a different topic

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:32 am
 [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 37  Next