The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:44 pm

[ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next
Tails 
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
nice list but those aren't really ATs apart from tailsdash - reverse one sounds cool, I think you just dash/walk backwards while tailsdashing forwards
also sideB is for nerds 8^)

isn't 'sliding tornado' punishable? I've had it used against me and it doesn't seem very good

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:13 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Welp, Advanced Techniques sounds better than just Techniques :P Sliding Tornado is pretty safe from my experience. Platforms like the two on PS3 have a great height and let you land right afterwarfs with little punish time unless its anticipated.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:14 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
after finding out that tails' lame moves are good, I'm dropping the character til beta

what a lamerino
:tails:

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:39 pm

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
After pondering my experience with airlift and how worthless I've come to realize it is, I've thought of something it rly needs. It needs a dthrow option. The throw strength should be the same as the other direction's strengths, and you need to be able to tech out of it.

As everyone has clamored about Tails' fthrow, airlift as it was presented in beta is exactly that: a glorified fthrow. The upthrow DI is so overbearing you can't reach the target before they recover, and the fthrow option...is a floating fthrow.

I also recommend allowing that you can throw at any time during the grab. At Apex you were only allowed to throw an airlifted target at the beginning or at the end. This is not convenient for tricking an opponent that is simply going to DI millions of miles out of range.

If left as it is, Tails sideb will end up the same as Peach's sideb from Melee: a nice attack that must never be used if you actually want to win a match. A dthrow option and the ability to throw early I feel is brutall necessary to make the attack viable.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:59 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Blaxorus
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
What I would've preferred is that airlift wouldn't be a command grab, but instead a glide.
You can move up and down unlike MK's and it will end after 3 seconds.
Pressing the attack button in any direction will do an aerial. Just like this side-b right now, all aerials become frame 1.
Pressing the special button will trigger the command grab, except with faster airspeed, the ability to throw whenever like Rem said, and a better throwing angle. also a huge animation update i'm sorry but ew
By pressing the grab button, you would do a glide attack.
And finally, pressing the shield button ends the glide short.

secondaries: :tails: :lloyd:

Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:45 am

MGN Username: Bomono3
Currently Playing: Some platformer
heres is a bunch of notes i took about the tails vs fox matchup.

tails vs fox

tails double jab at 50% leads into downtilt

tails downtilt leads into a dair at 54%

tails can combo dtilt into run dtilt starting at 5%, and can go from 5% to 100% off dtilts alone

dtilt into dash attack is a true combo at any medium to low precent.

dtilt into grab is a garunteed combo at many percents starting at 0%

downthrow into dtilt is a guaranteed combo at 0%-65%
works vs no DI and di in but not vs di away.

dash attack at the ledge will hit fox out of side-b and up-b

dopwnthrow at the ledge if they di away forces them to jump to the ledge or jump side-b onstage. dash attack covers both options and allows you to run back if they firefox.
after the dash attack hits if they di away they can only up-b and a dash attack covers that options, if they di neutral a firefox is stil ltheir only option so they will still get hit by it. this sequence starts wqorkign at i think 25% if they di in you can fall off fair into fair starting at around 20%

backthrow at the ledge starting at 20% if they di neutral they can either burn a jump into side-b or up-b both of these can be covered by a fall off fair into a fall off fair. if they dont jump and just up-b you can cover it with a dash attack. if they di down then you can cover it the same way. if they di up
a dash attack can cover the options they have if they do a up-b immediately you can run off fair.

upthrow at 0-100+% leads into fair if you hold forward then when it hits hold neutral and fair. if you are near the ledge make sure to fastfall the throw offstage.

dtilt can lead into upsmash at above 50% when di in or neutral

upthrow into up-b works on di neutral and di in does slightly more damage than fair and has more base knockback

upthrow when near ledge and facing in twords stage into fadeback fastfall fair under stage.

dair leads into dair at 30%

dair leads into grab at 7% stops at 47% and continues at 80%

dair starts to bounce at 47%

fallign upair into upair starts killing at 83% without di and stops connecting at 97% with di it starts conencting at 87% and ends at 95%

upsmash kills fox with di at 101%

falling upair into 2 more upairs starts at 30% and ends at 65%

falling upair into uptilt starts at 25%
and ends at 65%

uptilt into upsmash starts at 25% and ends at 65%

weak it upair starts sending into tumble at 77%

falling upair into downtilt starts at 0% and ends at 59%

weak hit falling upair into dtrilt works from 10%-kill percent for upair strong hit

downtilt upair starts at 60% with di in and 80% with di out

downtilt upair kills at 110

downtilt upsmash starts killing at 85%

downtilt to dair at the ledge starts working at like 50%

dtilt pivot downsmash is super good

falling upair to strong hit downsmash is godlike it happens around 45%
weak hit works around 70%

uptilt strong hit downsmash also works around 45%

pivoting is necessary to connect it when they di properly

fair at 60% offstage if they di in then you can dair offstage, if Di is neutral you can jump fair again if you time it right, if the di is away you can jump energy ball.

My main is tails.
My secondaries are peach and fox.

My soundcloud (no relation to other accounts of the same name, its a long story)
https://soundcloud.com/caffinluvstmgc

Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:34 pm

MGN Username: MaskedShadow2017
Currently Playing: the game called "the struggle of life."
Waifu: Don't need one.
Tails Time!

Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:15 am

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
So I tried to apply for the BR but forgot MG signs me out in like five f*** minutes so my app disappeared into the moonlight (again for the 3rd time)... but f*** all that... I discovered some 'more' new tech with tails, I'll update later but I recovered shades of v9a Tails w/ spindash.

GM

Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:30 pm

Super Tails....

Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:43 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
GreaterMaelstrom wrote:
So I tried to apply for the BR but forgot MG signs me out in like five f*** minutes so my app disappeared into the moonlight (again for the 3rd time)... but f*** all that... I discovered some 'more' new tech with tails, I'll update later but I recovered shades of v9a Tails w/ spindash.

Welcome back!

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:01 pm

Yes, Tails is so broken this demo!

Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:44 pm

MGN Username: IronedSandwich
Currently Playing: Reddit
Waifu: /u/Spez
YouTube Video:

(not my video, but I believe it belongs to someone else here)
after watching this, I have found it's possible to do an abridged version of one technique without TAS where you can start a spindash, hold it, but quickly press and hold jump to start rising during the charge. This can be useful for short-ranged edgeguarding, a custom taunt, or maybe even avoiding some projectiles before speeding towards the opponent.

S: Waddle Dee
A: Jeremy Corbyn
B: Waddle Dee
C: Waddle Dee

Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:17 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
You mean... Jumping while charging a Spindash? Thats one of the most basic Tails tech there is.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:19 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
sonicfan02 wrote:
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgSjAg-GTu4 ]
(not my video, but I believe it belongs to someone else here)
after watching this, I have found it's possible to do an abridged version of one technique without TAS where you can start a spindash, hold it, but quickly press and hold jump to start rising during the charge. This can be useful for short-ranged edgeguarding, a custom taunt, or maybe even avoiding some projectiles before speeding towards the opponent.

Ayyyyyyyy

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:10 pm

MGN Username: Bomono3
Currently Playing: Some platformer
Some more notes on the matchup, and some movement options tails mains are too braindead to start using.

tails vs fox matchup, dealign with fox's aproaches and punishing them, plus baits.

shield, to bait fox to pressure shield with safe shield pressure, and tailsdash fsmash or ftilt.

bait a attack from fox that invovled a fulljump, breverse tailsdash back into breveresed tailsdash towards fox. oer do dash away pivot dtilt or turnaround using walk dtilt/ftilt

dealing with a fox drill or high nair aproach can be done using the above methods or run forward uptilt due to the invincibilty frames on uptilt, you can also b revesered jump down-b into jump bair to stuff a aproach while wanting to stay in place.

tailsdash forward uptilt is also super super good.

nucri spacing can be done via dashing back into b reverse jump down-b and then jump out of it into a areal, its simmilar in function to a pivot jump.

tails fastest option to grab the ledge on one side of the stage from the other side is to dash up-b fastfall grab ledge

tailsdash OOS into walk turnaround grab or tailsdash OOS to grab to make for some crazy punishes.

in neutral you can achive a spacing dtilt smaller than the length of a dashdance by doign a tailsdash into a walk turnaround dtilt or ftilt, or even smash atack if you perfer, simmiler to a pivot but has mre mixups to be done while doing and is somewhat easier.

fastest way to backair from the ledge is to tailsdash dashback int obair when you go offstage, its also a mixup with jump down-b into fair offstage, or jump bair (which is also super fast)

jump down-b OOS into jump reverse fair increases backwards OOS range for tails so he can better punish fadebacks.

you can also dashdance and press down then attack to do a crouch activated downtilt if possible, you can also make it into a ftilt after the crouch if wanted,or evan a uptilt.

to do a down-b stop that you cannot turn around out of hold down jump and do a downb, you should automatically jump, using this you can do aproach fadeback fairs after aproaching, its sort of like a back jump, except much much better, you can also b reverse the down-b while doign this to allow you to use bair alsom note that this method only allows for short hops.

dont use tails roll from the ledge unless going for serious mixup, you can down-b from ledge into a tailsdash that you can shield out of or uptilt for invincability frames, first few frames you are vunerable but the rest you should be safe, its a good option

all of you all suck at playing tails and just press buttons, including me, i just want one of you mofos who can play a match without the connection dieing like mine does to start implementing this ****. Like, rem says he wants to win, but he does jack s*** in neutral to have a legitimate mixup, and he has a dumb refusal to even try to learn somthing new, he still upsmashes with cstick down because he could not physically stop pressing down on the cstick to use a kill move, hell he doesn't even use OOS punishes properly. cha0s doesn't know how to play a single matchup and refuses to also learn how to punish OOS to learn any matchup. both of you ****ers have no idea how to fastfall your bairs and specials, you have zero techskill and you have no reliable mixups you ever do, and yet somehow i still manage to be more **** than you all. you are all fraudulent, and if you really wanted to win would actually start practicing this stuff and baiting stuff out rather than just pressing buttons. take note of when they aproach, take note of how many dashes they do in a dashdance before attacking, take not of how they respond to a run up shield, START TO COMBO FOX ROM 0-DEATH ON FD USING DOWN-B INTO A DTILT CHAIN THAT IS GUARANTEED IF YOU REACT TO THE DI ON FD AND KILL WITH A BACKAIR. cover the bloody ledge with a fastfall bair, use nair uptilt and aerial neutral-b to be metaknight. STOP SAYING YOU WANT TO WIN IF YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING TO WARRANT IT.

:tails: is best husbando :tails: never ever give him up :tails: he is love, he is life :tails:

I'm also officially quiting this game until my internet gets better and starts letting me play matches, i get too salty when i cant play a match. i love the game to death and hope that somebody starts to actually push this charecter forward without a b

My main is tails.
My secondaries are peach and fox.

My soundcloud (no relation to other accounts of the same name, its a long story)
https://soundcloud.com/caffinluvstmgc

Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:54 pm
 [ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next