The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:17 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
RPG Auditions 

Currently Playing: playerunknown battlegrounds
Zesper wrote:
Kerim wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:
Kevin:D wrote:
And I know all the Pros are gonna be like, NOOO
But why not let a fresh new batch of Rpers into the Pros?
I mean, the New User Vote thingy never worked anyways.

Red tape is wrapped around determining the new RP Pro group mod so that the Pro group can get a shot in the arm and get going again.

That's because they know that I'm perfect for the job and if that got out, there would be a riot.

Shhhh... Everyone knows that I'm the only one suited for the job with my devilishly charming looks, and my sharp as a tack mind. You can start making fun of me now...

Anyways, back to Nini's idea; Wouldn't achievements make people start RPing just for the sake of getting rewards?

And decrease the quality of their RPing?

Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:17 am

Currently Playing: SC2, SSBB (4168-0287-1402)
What about if you gave achievements for quality of RPing?

Adopted by Shounic

Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:18 am
Legendary Ghost

Location: Where angels fear to tread, and man is but a cautionary tale.
well there would be more than just ones for the RP section, i dont see it being a lure in to people who arent interested in RP in the first place. Besides, it would revolve around actual quality >.>

And at risk of not being ontopic..

how exactly does a new RP mod help bring in new people? >>;; we could just instead just start throwing in more as is >.>

Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:30 am

Nini wrote:
well there would be more than just ones for the RP section, i dont see it being a lure in to people who arent interested in RP in the first place. Besides, it would revolve around actual quality >.>

how exactly does a new RP mod help bring in new people? >>;; we could just instead just start throwing in more as is >.>

It makes every one complain why they weren't chosen so they don't go. Perfect plan if you ask me.

Section for the dick suckers moderators to make them feel special talk about important issues on the forums. It's just a forum that is named "moderator section"

Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:23 am

Currently Playing: The Game
Lucy Nettims wrote:
Nini wrote:

It makes every one complain why they weren't chosen so they don't go. Perfect plan if you ask me.

How does that make sense?

Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:10 pm

Thaiberium wrote:
Lucy Nettims wrote:
Nini wrote:

How does that make sense?

There is this thing in life called sarcasm. Sometimes you can find it, other times you can't.

Section for the dick suckers moderators to make them feel special talk about important issues on the forums. It's just a forum that is named "moderator section"

Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:51 pm

Currently Playing: SC2, SSBB (4168-0287-1402)
Detecting sarcasm depends a lot on detecting a different tone of voice.
Since you can't hear the voice change over the internet, it's possible she mistook that as an accident on your part (this is teh internetz, duh)

---

Back on topic, people complain about awards all the time. Just have stricter fields and rules and you can easily eliminate a buncha peoples.

Adopted by Shounic

Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:06 pm

Nobody wrote:
Detecting sarcasm depends a lot on detecting a different tone of voice.
Since you can't hear the voice change over the internet, it's possible she mistook that as an accident on your part (this is teh internetz, duh)

---

Back on topic, people complain about awards all the time. Just have stricter fields and rules and you can easily eliminate a buncha peoples.

The point is to promote RPGs not eliminate people. We have to do something to entice the regular users.

Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:24 pm
Site Admin

Nini wrote:
But i dont suppose...

my idea is possible? >> shall/can i bring it up later?

I'm gunna say no, only because it is very specific to RPers

Anyway just as an update guys, this is currently getting nowhere in my discussion between mods/admins and leaning towards a "no". But I'll let you know how it ends.

Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:49 pm
Legendary Ghost

Location: Where angels fear to tread, and man is but a cautionary tale.
Cleod9 wrote:
Nini wrote:
But i dont suppose...

my idea is possible? >> shall/can i bring it up later?

I'm gunna say no, only because it is very specific to RPers

Anyway just as an update guys, this is currently getting nowhere in my discussion between mods/admins and leaning towards a "no". But I'll let you know how it ends.

Aww not really.. i can see uses in the whole forum x__x

If you let me explain in detail..

Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:40 pm
Site Admin

Ok guys, bluemage is now added as an additional group leader for the RP groups. He will handle any re-avulations that are requested. But don't come crying to me if you get declined for re-evaluation...

Now, was there something else we were discussing in addition to this besides auditions?

Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:47 pm

Cleod9 wrote:
Ok guys, bluemage is now added as an additional group leader for the RP groups. He will handle any re-avulations that are requested. But don't come crying to me if you get declined for re-evaluation...

Now, was there something else we were discussing in addition to this besides auditions?

Achievements for the quality of RPing I believe? Or all over the forum like Nini said.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:16 am

Cleod9 wrote:

Blue? Was that really the best choice? DH_Ninja, would have been my pick, or y'know any of the other common mods around the RP section. Blue already doesn't like the people on forum games that he doesn't let into spam, and those are the people that try to role-play, even if it's in the wrong section, and is horribly horrible.

(Personally I don't think Blue was ever a good choice for a mod/leader of anything[/bias])

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:35 pm

Deciton_Reven wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:

Blue? Was that really the best choice? DH_Ninja, would have been my pick, or y'know any of the other common mods around the RP section. Blue already doesn't like the people on forum games that he doesn't let into spam, and those are the people that try to role-play, even if it's in the wrong section, and is horribly horrible.

(Personally I don't think Blue was ever a good choice for a mod/leader of anything[/bias])

There isn't anything wrong with Blue being a mod, just modding the section... Blue has... opinions of people... perhaps a little single sided. DH is a great RPer, and is mod to boot. In fact, I don't see a person who doesn't like him, or a person he doesn't like.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:42 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Deciton_Reven wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:

Oh, baw baw bawwwwww.

Everyone knows you're just an attention whore.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:13 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next