The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:23 am

[ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 29  Next
SSF2 Beta Developer Q&A Thread - PLEASE READ THE OP! 
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
dragonballhero wrote:
So, in the event that this is a spoiler, I'll label it as such.

Why is Cut Man on Central Highway?

I added that as a cool visual easter egg for those who like to search the stages.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:34 am

Steven wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:
So, in the event that this is a spoiler, I'll label it as such.

Why is Cut Man on Central Highway?

I added that as a cool visual easter egg for those who like to search the stages.

Oh, wow! Really? Cool!

Say, are there anymore Easter eggs like this on any other stages? Like, can I at least get a hint as to what stages have this?

BTW, I have two more questions.

1. I don't suppose I'm the first person to find "that character" on that stage, am I? Ever since Beta was released, I haven't seen anyone here report about it.

2. Just how long has "that character" been there, anyways? Honestly, I haven't played on that stage since...midway into v0.9b, and I just started playing there again about a week ago.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:59 pm

Many players seem to believe that moving in the lobby before a match contributes to lag and desyncs. Do the devs think that is true or nah? If true, is it related to players hitting the lobby sandbag, and some data from that not being cleaned up properly as the match starts?

On a related note, is the netplay code DRY, or is there perhaps some host/client WETness?

Edit ten days later: I interpret your silence to mean the netplay code is soaking WET.

Last edited by svladcjelli42 on Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:02 am

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
Questions regarding the Desk stage:

On pre-release screenshots for Beta, a Chibi-Door could be seen next to the stapler; why was this removed for the final release?

Among the litter scattered across the stage, I noticed there are chances for a Tamagotchi to appear. Now, the Tamagotchi was released by Bandai and Bandai was at one point the original publisher for Chibi-Robo! before Nintendo took charge; is this relation a coincidence or truly intentional? Or that small device isn't a Tamagotchi at all?

Some claim a Game Boy Advance can appear among the litter as well. In my attempts to see it, I have been unable to come across with it; is it true a Game Boy Advance can appear?

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:40 am

MGN Username: CrazyNaut
Byllant wrote:
Some claim a Game Boy Advance can appear among the litter as well. In my attempts to see it, I have been unable to come across with it; is it true a Game Boy Advance can appear?

... that's my bad, I had no idea what a Tamagotchi looked like so I just assumed it was a GBA.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:16 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
svladcjelli42 wrote:
Many players seem to believe that moving in the lobby before a match contributes to lag and desyncs. Do the devs think that is true or nah? If true, is it related to players hitting the lobby sandbag, and some data from that not being cleaned up properly as the match starts?

This used to be a problem but it's been fixed for ages. I think people still have some anxiety about it lol

svladcjelli42 wrote:
On a related note, is the netplay code DRY, or is there perhaps some host/client WETness?

Characters and stages are intentionally coded in a slightly wet way due to the modularity of their attacks and projectiles all falling under a parent character that cannot store classes for them, but they typically are programmed excessively simple so the performance implications are little-to-none. As far as specifically netcode, to be honest I don't know - netcode and engine code is only edited by Cleod. He is an esteemed programmer though that has had many professional endeavors (that don't include netcode for games specifically but) and jobs working for Fortune 500 companies so I would assume he probably does not have trouble distinguishing between wet and dry code. You can view some of his public work on gregmcleod.com if you're worried about it.

Byllant wrote:
Questions regarding the Desk stage:

On pre-release screenshots for Beta, a Chibi-Door could be seen next to the stapler; why was this removed for the final release?

The stage was resprited and the person doing the respriting decided against keeping it, basically.

Byllant wrote:
Among the litter scattered across the stage, I noticed there are chances for a Tamagotchi to appear. Now, the Tamagotchi was released by Bandai and Bandai was at one point the original publisher for Chibi-Robo! before Nintendo took charge; is this relation a coincidence or truly intentional? Or that small device isn't a Tamagotchi at all?

The Tamagotchi is there for exactly the reason you explained. No, there is no GBA.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:05 am

MGN Username: Coolerest
Waifu: Brawl MK
What was the reason for changing Pikachu's running animation in 1.0.3.2?

Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:03 pm

MGN Username: TaylorGang
Currently Playing: SSF2
I'm currently on a PC but I am about to get a MAC. Can I use my SSF2 save file that is on my PC on a MAC version of SSF2?

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/TaylorJames1234?lang=en
Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/taypalacio/

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:04 am

MGN Username: X-blaster
Currently Playing: SSF2 Beta; Crusade; BrawlHalla; Pokémon Type Wild
Waifu: LAG
is Peril Roulette still planned?

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:45 am

Uh, devs? So, listen...Honestly, I don't want to ask this (due to fearing the worst) but in the event that Net Neutrality ends up..."not being a thing" anymore, what would this for those with a wonky auto-updater, and have to go to your website to re-download the game as a whole...?

Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:18 pm
Site Admin

Ibiotic wrote:
What was the reason for changing Pikachu's running animation in 1.0.3.2?

We strive for the best and the original anim wasn't

tay wrote:
I'm currently on a PC but I am about to get a MAC. Can I use my SSF2 save file that is on my PC on a MAC version of SSF2?

Sure thing, just use the export data file option

X-blaster 91 wrote:

Nah b

dragonballhero wrote:
Uh, devs? So, listen...Honestly, I don't want to ask this (due to fearing the worst) but in the event that Net Neutrality ends up..."not being a thing" anymore, what would this for those with a wonky auto-updater, and have to go to your website to re-download the game as a whole...?

Prepare for long loading times :peach:

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:13 pm

MGN Username: riku434
Currently Playing: Project M
Waifu: Joseph Joestar
Are you ever gonna make a SSF2 Portable for Mac?

Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:47 am

tson wrote:
X-blaster 91 wrote:

Nah b

dragonballhero wrote:
Uh, devs? So, listen...Honestly, I don't want to ask this (due to fearing the worst) but in the event that Net Neutrality ends up..."not being a thing" anymore, what would this mean for those with a wonky auto-updater, and have to go to your website to re-download the game as a whole...?

Prepare for long loading times :peach:

If you don't mind, I've got 2 questions.

1. So the Peril Roulette's been dropped?

2. So that's what would happen, huh? *gulp* :(

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:32 am

Currently Playing: OPTC, Yugioh, Naruto Online, Persona, SSF2, DBXV2
Waifu: Chie
tson wrote:
X-blaster 91 wrote:

Nah b

Have you guys also ditched the idea of a pseudo Adventure/Subspace Emissary/Smash Run mode? If so, that's slightly disappointing, but understandable. Flash can only handle so much at once. And you guys also have lives outside developing a (fantastic) flash Smash game

Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:05 pm
Site Admin

MeleeWaluigi wrote:
Are you ever gonna make a SSF2 Portable for Mac?

We're working on a webpage to be added to the portable build so you can open it on all non-Windows device types but no, no other platforms will receive executables.

dragonballhero wrote:
1. So the Peril Roulette's been dropped?

Ya

Zetsus wrote:
Have you guys also ditched the idea of a pseudo Adventure/Subspace Emissary/Smash Run mode? If so, that's slightly disappointing, but understandable. Flash can only handle so much at once. And you guys also have lives outside developing a (fantastic) flash Smash game

Can't comment on this

Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:16 pm
 [ 423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 29  Next