The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 2:45 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 2471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 165  Next
Super Mario Bros. 

I hated how in NSMB the other playable characters besides Mario and Luigi were two different colored Toads. I would've preferred Wario.

Sat May 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Prince Marth wrote:
I hated how in NSMB the other playable characters besides Mario and Luigi were two different colored Toads. I would've preferred Wario.

Anyone would have been a better choice than two generic toads.

Sat May 05, 2012 7:50 pm

D-Block wrote:
Prince Marth wrote:

Anyone would have been a better choice than two generic toads.

Dont you guys realize why they used two generic toads instead of other mario characters? Its because they wanted each character to all have the SAME abilities, having Wario jumping around and moving as fast as Mario is just NO you dont do that. Wario is all about brute force, he would not have fit into the game as easily as that, if he was different than everybody would have to have unique properties. That was not their intention. While that would have been nice to see, its not something thats entirely needed.

They should have at least allowed a greater choice of characters like Kirby Return to Dreamland, since each player (save player 1) can choose either Kirby, DDD, MK, or Waddle Dee. So with 4 players, every player (again save for player 1) can choose two different characters.

Sat May 05, 2012 10:26 pm

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
Well the Mario Party doesn't follow any stat formula, all characters move and jump at the same pace, that wasn't an excuse to don't add Wario into NSMBW, in fact, Mario and Luigi sometimes have different traits in the main platformers (ex. both SMB2, SMG 1 & 2 and SM3DL) yet in the NSMB games they are all the same.

Sat May 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Byllant wrote:
Well the Mario Party doesn't follow any stat formula, all characters move and jump at the same pace, that wasn't an excuse to don't add Wario into NSMBW, in fact, Mario and Luigi sometimes have different traits in the main platformers (ex. both SMB2, SMG 1 & 2 and SM3DL) yet in the NSMB games they are all the same.

This isnt Mario Party though

Sat May 05, 2012 10:56 pm

Thundaga_T2 wrote:
Byllant wrote:

Did you read the second comparison?

Sat May 05, 2012 10:58 pm

Byllant wrote:
Thundaga_T2 wrote:
Byllant wrote:

Did you read the second comparison?

yes i did, but the fact still remains that they wanted all characters to have the same traits. Putting Wario just wouldnt have been as good as Toads. Despite the fact that Mario Party does it, MP is not a platformer, so its different here.

Let me add this: Yes it would have been nice to have Wario, but since they wanted them all to be the same, for this game, having Toads is a better choice than Wario. Dont take it the wrong way, i would love to have played as Wario, but if Wario were to be in it, it should depict his brute strength in the sense that he moves slower and has lower jumps or something. Every character would have had to have their own traits and such, like Luigi having the highest jumping speed, and Toad having the fastest running speed or something.

Sat May 05, 2012 11:00 pm

But they aren't so it is not the same case here.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:11 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Wario would make aaaaabsolutely no sense in that game. Whatsoever. He has no motivation to rescue Peach in the slightest. Nor does Waluigi. The Toad minions, however, do. It was nice playing as generic Toads.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:20 pm

Location: That Little Place in Your Head You Don't Know About
Agreed. In fact, I only see Wario as being a nuisance to Mario during his adventures. A constant "obstacle" that he, the hero, needs to constantly overcome.

ImageImageImage

Wed May 09, 2012 7:51 am

Ramsey wrote:
Wario would make aaaaabsolutely no sense in that game. Whatsoever. He has no motivation to rescue Peach in the slightest. Nor does Waluigi. The Toad minions, however, do. It was nice playing as generic Toads.

He didn't have it either in SM64DS, yet he was a playable character, motivated by only stipulated reasons. Besides, they were throwing a party in NSMBW, so if you consider that in SM64DS, Wario [with Luigi] came to crash the party, that actually would make perfect sense, by having Wario (I dunno Waluigi) to be a party crasher as well in NSMBW.

Wed May 09, 2012 2:35 pm
BR Member

Ramsey wrote:
Wario would make aaaaabsolutely no sense in that game. Whatsoever. He has no motivation to rescue Peach in the slightest. Nor does Waluigi.

Does getting a kiss from Peach count as motivation?
Thundaga_T2 wrote:
How would you guys feel about Wario appearing in the Paper Mario series? I think he'd make a neat mini antagonist of sorts (as in, not really evil, but stands in your way a number of times)

This^8956789979.

Wed May 09, 2012 2:48 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
I wouldn't be against him making an appearence but I wouldn't want him to play any sort of important role.

Wed May 09, 2012 5:20 pm

Tid wrote:
I wouldn't be against him making an appearence but I wouldn't want him to play any sort of important role.

Knowing Nintendo, they'd likely give him a comical bumbling antagonistic role, albeit not an important one. Just someone who stands in your way.

Wed May 09, 2012 6:42 pm

Thundaga_T2 wrote:
Tid wrote:

Knowing Nintendo, they'd likely give him a comical bumbling antagonistic role, albeit not an important one. Just someone who stands in your way.

So basically like Jr. Troopa in Paper Mario, or were you imagining something along the lines of Knuckles in Sonic 3?

Wed May 09, 2012 7:06 pm
 [ 2471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 165  Next