The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:52 pm

[ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
Jigglypuff 
BR Member

MGN Username: mcompany
Currently Playing: ssf2,melee,pm,sm4sh
Also, I never really played 9.0a, but imo, jiggs's maneuverability hasn't been too bad too me, even when I do get the chance to play online

ssf2 main: idk, haven't seriously played yet. secondaries/jokes: :gameandwatch: :marth: :link: :sandbag: :jigglypuff: :falco:

Pm main:g&w second: ROB, lucario

Sm4sh main: good question

Man do I wish there were local ssf2 tourneys or at least side events so my practice is actually worth it.

Fri May 08, 2015 1:11 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
badcon troller wrote:
Also, I never really played 9.0a, but imo, jiggs's maneuverability hasn't been too bad too me, even when I do get the chance to play online

Don't double post.

Yeah she still moves nicely.

Also something I noticed last demo and you can still do this demo is that Jiggs can sometimes down air through a platform. If the down air hits the opponent, they will be knocked up and be Rested.

Fri May 08, 2015 9:16 am
BR Member

So... More back stage CPU testing on my crappy computer: dair>rest is guaranteed adjustable combo ~50-85%, has killed every time, and been done on many CPU's with many di's. If you don't di up, Jiggs can get under most chars and not need to jump for the rest. It also helps that just moving with the di in the dair helps

Otherwise so far I'm just getting more WoP practice without having input lag help adjust my timing :? .WoP seems too be bair if their off stage or right beside you at lower %'s, otherwise just use nair up close and fair for the extra distance

ssf2 main: idk, haven't seriously played yet. secondaries/jokes: :gameandwatch: :marth: :link: :sandbag: :jigglypuff: :falco:

Man do I wish there were local ssf2 tourneys or at least side events so my practice is actually worth it.

Fri May 08, 2015 11:27 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I'm pretty sure dair -> Rest isn't a thing if you SDI and DI correctly. I'll do more testing, but I think you can DI away from where Puff is coming towards you and shield/Shine/nair before Puff can Rest you. Maybe someone can slow the game down and test this?

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sat May 09, 2015 11:13 am
BR Member

I doubt you have enough time afterwards to shine (because of the startup invincibility), maybe you can put up a shield. Do some testing yourself but I'm pretty sure that if the puff follows the di, a SH or a quick walk can cover di on most chars, given that a platform doesn't get in the way. I've also been able to dair rest in mid air, but that's WAY more risky and requires that you get every hit in the dair

Sat May 09, 2015 12:45 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
The problem is jsut getting the DI... Just mix it up and Puff has like no chance to get the Rest if you do it right. Another really risky techchase is uncharged Rollout into a techchase Rest... Would be easier if Rollout had more priority than Ki Blasts, but oh well. Still feels awesome to pull of doe

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon May 18, 2015 1:31 pm

Skailler wrote:
The problem is jsut getting the DI... Just mix it up and Puff has like no chance to get the Rest if you do it right. Another really risky techchase is uncharged Rollout into a techchase Rest... Would be easier if Rollout had more priority than Ki Blasts, but oh well. Still feels awesome to pull of doe

I do sometimes kill my opponents with rollout and its so funny when they get hit.

Mon May 18, 2015 4:44 pm
BR Member

ZERO_OR wrote:
I do sometimes kill my opponents with rollout and its so funny when they get hit.

Wow, and I thought charged rollout was easily telegraphed

Well, then again I have fallen for a kirbycide in melee to a guy who would just sit there with neutral b most of the time

Mon May 18, 2015 5:33 pm

badcon troller wrote:
ZERO_OR wrote:

Wow, and I thought charged rollout was easily telegraphed

Well, then again I have fallen for a kirbycide in melee to a guy who would just sit there with neutral b most of the time

Sometimes it gets annoying when people do that and we become to impatient so we fall into their trap.

Mon May 18, 2015 6:08 pm
BR Member

Most of the time, it's just a mis-spaced bair that get me, it's more annoying when I get caught by jank, than when someone uses jank

Mon May 18, 2015 6:14 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TzOG C
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBM, SSBB,
So looking back at this section of the character subforum, I saw that I promised a Jiggs guide. That was before my hiatus. I know now that my knowledge of Jiggs was subpar and is still subpar. A guide won't be coming from me until I feel confident or at least hopeful in every MU as Jiggs. Sorry for a false promise.

"Anyone can KNOW everything, few can LEARN everything." ~Me...hopefully lol

The colors don't represent the character's default colors, rather they represent my chosen colors for them.

Sun May 31, 2015 6:14 pm
BR Member

TzOG C wrote:
So looking back at this section of the character subforum, I saw that I promised a Jiggs guide. That was before my hiatus. I know now that my knowledge of Jiggs was subpar and is still subpar. A guide won't be coming from me until I feel confident or at least hopeful in every MU as Jiggs. Sorry for a false promise.

How dare u

TO get back on point, I tested more of Rollout->Rest. Works on OPikachu and the like reliable at the 40% mark, and Fox/Falcon&Co. seem to be affecte3d from 75-125% if they miss the tech, which gives you a frame advanteage. Fox seems not able to tech at 75% as well, making this a good mixup for UTHrow Rest. Dont have results for average fallers yet, but Im working on it.

Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:13 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
the hard part is finding an opponent bad enough to get hit by rollout 8^)

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:50 am
BR Member

It works more often than you think... Mostly becuase noone expects it. Also useful for punishing if youre upclose.

Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:52 am

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
So I can't just DI away from you once it hits me?
This sounds situational at best.
Need to see it in action or something until I'm sold

Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:41 am
 [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next