The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:45 pm

[ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Sora 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Discuss Sora specific game-play here.

Mon May 29, 2017 1:44 pm

MGN Username: Gabumonkid
Currently Playing: Bravely Default, Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Pokemon X, and others
i cant believe sora doesnt have a 3 hit jab anymore i miss that so much now...

im also sad his down and up smash were nerfed. down smash doesnt hit as much and doesnt lock opponents in and his upsmash doesnt have the wind effect anymore unless youre directly above it. his back air is so weird but it wil get time to get use to it.

his command deck doesnt start at fire but rather blizzard so i think thats a bug

his flomotion doesnt always lock in the opponents either. i feel like he was just touched up and forgotten ;w;

but i can say that he does flow better

sooo....im back...after so long o.o

Mon May 29, 2017 11:18 pm
YIM

MGN Username: riku434
Currently Playing: Project M
Waifu: Joseph Joestar
Sora didnt need nerfs to his Smash attacks with all honestly. I mean, he was bottom 3 or 5 in the official 0.9b tier list. At least his Bair and Fair kills now tho. Also his jab 1 sends at a weird angle so inow jab 1 can combo into a another jab 1 at any percent (and can even combo into a thunder to kill later on). Also Down tilt to thunder is a combo now cool.

Tue May 30, 2017 7:43 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Return the windbox to his Up-Smash and change his Down-Smash back to how it was in 0.9b, and we have an ideal Sora imo

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Last edited by Danny on Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:50 am

Ouch! Talk about kicking someone while he's already at the bottom of the barrel...

Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:15 am

Up special gained a lot of height, and side special can be done out of it, but it no longer deals damage. I'm going to have to change most of my side special combos now, but at least it reaches the top platform of battlefield now. You can uair someone on the top platform almost instantly using this. The loss of smashes will hurt, but since dtilt to thunder is a reliable kill move at least they can be used in combos.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:20 pm

Could we get some more honest hitboxes? Like making neutral air hit on both sides?

Over all I think his choices out of Up-B could use speeding up, or some Invincibility frames? It's not that all that fast and no hitbox means bad times for close recoveries.

Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:40 pm

MGN Username: Gabumonkid
Currently Playing: Bravely Default, Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, Pokemon X, and others
RaviTheRavian wrote:
Could we get some more honest hitboxes? Like making neutral air hit on both sides?

Over all I think his choices out of Up-B could use speeding up, or some Invincibility frames? It's not that all that fast and no hitbox means bad times for close recoveries.

actually it doesnt need i-frames. the point of it is to help with sora's fluidity, you can act out of the up b anytime during its animation so you can attack if someone is going for you or use fire/blizzard and flowmotion to recover if knocked out from far away.

sooo....im back...after so long o.o

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:23 pm
YIM
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
With the most recent patch at the time of posting (1.0.2), Sora has received a few changes that we'd like to bring to your attention.

Dash attack: Attackbox duration extended by 4 frames.

Ftilt: Attackbox 2 stretches farther back.

Fsmash: Removed one frame of startup and one frame of endlag. Initial Attackbox now covers entire arm. Stats updated (Damage 12 -> 13, SelfHitStun 8 -> 4, Power 32.5 -> 38, kbConstant 108 -> 120)
Usmash: Attackbox size increased; now covers the entire wind graphic and stays out longer. Stats updated (Damage 3 -> 4.5)

Nair: Attackboxes now cover the entire swing and interpolate properly.
Uair: Attackboxes now cover the entire swing and interpolate properly.
Dair: Attackboxes now reach slightly farther down.

Grab:
Entirely new animation, greatly extends grab range.

The team definitely understands the situation that Sora mains are finding themselves in. This isn't the largest buff in the world, but it definitely covers a few of his gaps and removes several of the critical issues Sora was having as far as Attackboxes go. Looking forward to the community taking this build to the lab. This goes for all of Beta's characters, but we'll closely monitor his play to see what direction we should move in going forward.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:53 pm

MGN Username: Qui-Gon1138
Waifu: Mikleo, George Lucas
Thank God! I love that the team truly listens and is close with the fanbase on the competitive level.
and might I say you guys did quick to listen and quick to action. Even If it did take more time, the fact that you fixed what was needed makes me pretty grateful.

Nintendo can learn a million things or so from these guys.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:04 pm

MGN Username: riku434
Currently Playing: Project M
Waifu: Joseph Joestar
YOU FORGOT TO BRING BACK 0.9b SMASH ATTAKS BACK

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:42 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Geno is a generous god! Sora now has tractor arms!

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:40 pm

MGN Username: TarriestMetal27
Currently Playing: SSF2 SSB4
I've been playing Sora since 0.9b and have grown quite good at the character. I wanted to post a combo that I'm pretty sure is new. I like to call it the Jab Raid combo. Basically, all you have to do is jab > jab > Strike Raid. This combo can either be followed with a Blizzard, a Thunder if the opponent jumps or gets knocked high enough, a dash attack, a forward tilt, or a Fire if they are knocked close enough to you. You can also trick your opponent and run away and then turn around with a Flowmotion. Right now I'm trying to figure out combos after the dash attack. This will help Sora so much as I've been able to get this so many times and it's insanely effective. Like I said at the top I don't know if this combo has been found already so please don't flame me. :sora:

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:39 pm

pls bring sora's 3 hit jab, we all miss it soooo much.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:33 pm

MGN Username: Jobin
Currently Playing: FusionFall
Waifu: Sandbag
Who's we? I actually like the two-hit better.

Main Man: :sora:
Side Chick: :sandbag:
Hoping for: [jojo reference]

Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:02 pm
 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next