The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:14 pm

[ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
Zelda 
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Here's a 0 to Death Combo I did with Zelda, it felt soo good
YouTube Video:

Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:35 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Sorabotics wrote:
Here's a 0 to Death Combo I did with Zelda, it felt soo good [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF5cbHHeFT8 ]

Wicked Zelda play dude! Honestly when I first downloaded 0.9b I thought Din's Fire was nerfed, but I'm loving it now. It's so versatile with it's new knockback.
Also, your usage of Lightning Kicks was spot on!

Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:18 pm
YIM

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
@sorabotics What instrumental was that as your BGM?

GM

Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:20 pm
BR Member

GreaterMaelstrom wrote:

I have no idea. It was a random song from my 150+ song playlist lol. I can't seem to find it

Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:31 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Sorabotics wrote:
GreaterMaelstrom wrote:

I have no idea. It was a random song from my 150+ song playlist lol. I can't seem to find it

It was a ghost song! It materialized for this moment specifically to better our lives, and it has been immortalized through the recording.

I was watching that combo and I was like "ok, thats neat." Then you did din's fire to sweetspot bair and I was like :drool: huaaaaaagh!!

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:51 pm

I felt like writing a Zelda guide, mainly just explaining her moves and combos.

Standard Attacks!

Jab: Short Flash
Damage: 4%
Range: Medium
Knockback: Low
Description: While this move looks bad on paper it's a fast disjointed hitbox that can get your opponent away from you or to stop their approach.

Dash-attack: Magical Push
Damage: 11%
Description: This move is amazing. It sorta functions like Peach's Melee dash attack. It's one of your few approach options but it's a great one at that. It's high priority, and the knockback always leads into combos. Can even combo into itself at low percents.
Combos:
Dash atk.→U-tilt→U-air
Dash atk.→Dash atk.→U-tilt
Dash atk.→Grab→Down throw→BAir

Tilts!

F-tilt: Mystical Swipe
Damage: 13%
Range: Short
Knockback: Medium-High
Description: This move almost always gaurantees a BAir, that is if your opponent is under 40%. Because 40% onwards it's knockback is too high.
Combos: Ftilt→BAir

U-tilt: Protective Swipe
Damage: 13%
Knockback: Low-Medium
Description: This is Zelda's main combo move it combos into itself and sets up for your aerials. Also it provides a hitbox around you. It's an overall great, reliable move.
Combos:
U-tilt→U-tilt→UAir
U-tilt→Grab→Up throw→UAir

D-tilt: Trip
Damage: 7%
Description: This move is quick, it's knocks opponents away from you so it can't lock them down. It's also a meteor smash.
Combos:
D-tilt→Down Smash
D-tilt→D-tilt Meteor Smash (Near Ledge)

Smash Attacks!

F-smash: Shining Palm
Damage: 13% all hits connect.
Knockback: High
Description: This move is a great punish and edgeguard option. Just remember this attack can be easily whiffed, so never over shoot it.

U-smash: Protective Sweep
Damage: 15% all hits connect.
Description: One of the worst up smashes in the game. This is Zelda's most inconsistent and easily whiffed move. The mini-hits push people out of it's hitbox more than they connect, so they'll bounce on top of you and most of the time the last hit won't connect and you'll be punished. I've done up smashes that have done 8% before. You can use it randomly to mix up your attacks, just know it's really risky with little reward.

D-smash: Twirl of Justice
Damage: 15%, 12% second hit.
Description: Easily one of the best down smashes in the game. It strikes fear into the hearts of people who grab the ledge! It's the ultimate weapon against fast rushdown characters and swordsmen. Down Smash is an amazing tool for punishing, edgeguarding, controlling space, and KOing. Use it.

Aerials!

NAir: Magic Spin
Damage: 10% all hits connect.
Description: This move is pretty weak as far as NAirs go. The hits don't start consistently connecting until later percents. The last hit deals more knockback. The move is still very fast though. NAir to Jab will almost always get you to back on the stage.
Combos: NAir→Jab

FAir1: Flub Kick
Damage: 8%
Range: Long
Description: The Flub Kick may seem completely useless but.. it can combo into a FAir Lightning Kick! On a serious note while Flub Kicks are obviously overshadowed by their sweetspots, the tiny knockback they have is enough to 99% of the time gaurantee a gimp.
Combos:
FAir1→FAir1→FAir2

FAir2: Lightning Kick
Damage: 15%
Description: Zelda's Lightning Kicks are what make up most of her everything. From kills to edgeguards, FAir isn't as strong as BAir but it has less aerial lag. It also still boasts enough knockback to throw most opponents out of their recovery range.

BAir1: Flub Kick
Damage: 7%
Description: Similar to FAir Flub Kick, same properties as BAir. Slightly more knockback.

BAir2: Lightning Kick
Damage: 21%
Knockback: Very High
Description: BAir's sweetspot is bigger than FAir's. BAir comes out faster and is twice as strong, but it has a little more aerial lag. It destroys lives, cures world hunger, and gets you all A+s in school. Seriously BAir is that good.

DAir1: Flub Stomp
Damage: 6%
Description: Unlike Flub FAir & BAir, Flub Stomp at high percents becomes a decent meteor smash.

DAir2: Thunder Stomp
Damage: 17%
Knockback: Very High
Description: Thunder Stomp is the most unique of Zelda's kick aerials. It's sweetspot feels more like Captain Falcon's knee. Hit an enemy with DAir as the foot comes out and you'll most likely get the meteor smash. Which can kill at very low percents off stage.
Combos: DAir2→Down smash

UAir: Condensed Blast
Damage: 15%
Description: This is Zelda's biggest disjointed hitbox and is basically a smash attack in the air. Great for punishing high recoveries and platform camping. Just know to never, never ever use this move offstage. It has very long aerial lag. If you were to use UAir in a full jump, that's all you would do during that jump. Overall a great attack and you should always remember to use it.

Grabs & Throws!

Grab: Magical Hold
Description: Zelda has an amazing grab game. It's somewhat disjointed in that Zeldra can grab opponents over her head. Giving her the easiest, albiet short chaingrab in the grab. All her throws also have important uses.

Pummel: Hex
Damage: 1%
Description: You can use it to un-stale your throws. Aside from that it's a pretty useless pummel.

Forward Throw: Levitation
Damage: 12%
Knockback: Medium
Description: Zelda uses her mind to force opponents off stage! It can't really kill, but it's a semi-spike and can set up for an edgeguard.

Back Throw: Reverse Levitation
Damage: 11%
Description: Like most psychic and magic characters Zelda's back throw can KO just above 100%. So it shouldn't be forgotten as a kill option.

Up throw: Levitation Launch
Damage: 9%
Description: It's a reliable up throw and can be used to set up for an aerial. Can be followed up with a BAir and can chain grab fast-fallers from 0% to 60%
Up throw→BAir

Down Throw: Plasma Beat
Damage: 10%
Description: Down throw easily leads into a BAir Lightning Kick and places enemies behind you for positioning.
Combos: Down Throw→BAir

Specials!

Neutral Special: Nayru's Love
Damage: 11% all hits connect.
Description: Nayru's Love is okay. It's reflector isn't broken like it was in 0.9a. It's hitboxes are kind of janky. The knockback isn't really anything too exciting, it's enough you won't get punished on ending lag. Where Nayru's really shines is that with air momentum you can glide through the air. Also it makes matches against projectile based characters alot easier. Just note, this move has a very long duration.
AT: Ledge canceling

Side Special: Din's Fire
Damage: 10%
Range: Very Long
Description: Din's Fire was one of the worst projectiles in Melee and Brawl. In SSF2 it's actually amazing. Din's travels fast, and can force approaches. The explosion may seem awkward at first but the key to using it effectively is to predict your opponent's movement and release it early. It's knockback makes it very versatile as it can lead to edgeguards or follow ups. Also like Nayru's Love you can use Din's Fire to glide through the air.

Up Special: Faore's Wind
Damage: 7%(Ribbon), 10%(Reappear Cloud)
Range: Very Long
Description: In Melee and Brawl this was known as a terrible recovery move. In SSF2 Faore's Wind single handedly gives Zelda one of the best recoveries in the game. The teleport itself is fast and it doesn't kill momentum upon reappearing so you can drift left and right for farther horizontal distance. Faore's Wind makes Zelda practically ungimpable because of the large distance you can travel whilst invulnerable. Due to the fact that Faore's Wind like most up specials in SSF2 has no ending lag, teleporting to the stage is a much safer option than in the other Smash games and can even lead to surprise follow ups. Proper use of Faore's Wind can boost your mobility, shortporting could also be considered an approach option.
AT: Ledge Stall, Shortport, Ledgeport

Down Special: Transform
Description: This is one of Zelda's main weaknesses. Unless you also main/secondary Sheik, Transform is a completely useless move. Limiting you to only 3 specials.

Last edited by Shine-chan on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:03 am, edited 8 times in total.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:49 am
YIM
BR Member

Nice guide Shine!

Here are some more good Zelda combos
YouTube Video:

Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:47 am

MGN Username: SageHarpuiaJDJ
Currently Playing: The game of Life
Waifu: Beruka from Fates
I now want play this character again.

Is there anything significant changes that I should know?

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:42 am
BR Member

Sage of Google wrote:

Fair and Bair are more powerful, mainly because its much easier to land sweetspots. Dair sweetspot is also easier to land.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:45 am

Sage of Google wrote:

She can combo. That's something totally new for Zelda. :wee:

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:15 am
YIM
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
here's a sample zelda wifi match against a good dk to give you guys an idea of whats possible

Attachments:
the tech chases.zip [5.96 KiB]
Downloaded 72 times

Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:16 pm

[TSON] wrote:
here's a sample zelda wifi match against a good dk to give you guys an idea of whats possible

I'm on android and can't watch it :cry:

Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:40 pm
YIM

MGN Username: sparty88
[TSON] wrote:

A good DK? No such thing. :smile:

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:48 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
DK is very very good this demo tho

Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:31 am

MGN Username: sparty88
[TSON] wrote:
DK is very very good this demo tho

Very very good *for DK*. Still an easily chainable, gigantic target with terrible recovery. I have fun playing him, though.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:11 am
 [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next