The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:16 pm

[ 15 posts ] 
Experimental RP: EVP 

Synopsis

A psychological/supernatural thriller, the story revolves around a group of orphans (the players’ characters) brought together by a common benefactor into a paranormal investigation group and their struggle to uncover the mysteries behind a series of apparently unrelated events, which range from grisly murders to mysterious disappearances. As they progress, the orphans will begin to uncover the horrors of their own pasts and the terrible secret that binds them together.

RP Dynamics

Focusing more on character development and plot over action, players are required to build a novel-type of story in which their own actions and choices before certain events will guide the flow and progress of the RP. Character interactions are essential, so don’t be afraid to approach another player’s character.

As for the “rules” and guidelines on how to post, please check THIS thread.

Character Sheet

Must include…

Name:
Age: (nothing ridiculous like a 12 year old exploring haunted houses and hospitals in search of horrible occurrences like murders)
Physical Description: (height, complexion, build, hair/eye color, and any particular signs your character might have like scars, tattoos, etc…)
Bio: (a little overview of your character; what is she/he like personality-wise, interests. You can also include things like bizarre flashbacks or mementos to spice up a character’s past)

A Little Word from the Author

Try to enjoy yourself and have fun; don’t expect to be blown away by the twists and don’t take the story too seriously. This is just a pastime to relax.

Also, I’m open to suggestions and constructive criticism.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:40 am

Sounds like something out of a bad anime.

As if all anime wasn't bad lmfao.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:11 am

Yep it sounds something from a cheesey manga.
Any way it will be extermly hard connecting the characters bio to the crimes and make all the characters connected to each other.
Dunno I have doubts It would work.

Once upon a time... Animals were telling each other jokes all of them laughed except the donkey, And in the next day they found the donkey laughing and when they asked him for the reason he said "I understood yesterday's joke."

Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:15 am

Currently Playing: The Game
If you're going to do freeform, you need to write out a proper story. Not just state the premise.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:29 am

Pro-tip:

Anime-esque RPs don't work. They just don't function correctly. Not to say they don't function at all, simply in an extremely grotesque, malformed manner.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:36 am

I never thought about anime when I read this. What the hell are you talking about?

Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:12 pm

xnejihatakex19 wrote:
I never thought about anime when I read this. What the hell are you talking about?

I'm wondering about that myself.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:17 pm

Thaiberium wrote:
If you're going to do freeform, you need to write out a proper story. Not just state the premise.

Yeah, I was going to get into the plot with more detail, but then I thought it'd be better if I looked at the characters first. After all, I do have a story planned, but I need to adapt it to each player's contributions. Setting the story in stone from the beginning would only restrict a player's freedom and creativity, or so I believe.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:10 pm

Kyzak wrote:
Pro-tip:

Anime-esque RPs don't work. They just don't function correctly. Not to say they don't function at all, simply in an extremely grotesque, malformed manner.

What makes this animu? I don't see any tell-tale signs...

oh wait...I watch mecha, nevermind.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:34 pm

Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Osu!, FTL, Cortex Command, Hearthstone
Didn't I try to make one of these, without a discussion topic or nuthin?

So young.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:36 pm

Josey Wales wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:

Yeah, I was going to get into the plot with more detail, but then I thought it'd be better if I looked at the characters first. After all, I do have a story planned, but I need to adapt it to each player's contributions. Setting the story in stone from the beginning would only restrict a player's freedom and creativity, or so I believe.

I meant a story as an introductory post.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:37 am

Aren't all story-related posts supposed to be posted in the RPG section? From what I understood from the sections' description, the purpose of this thread was just discussion / sign up. Of course, I'm new at this Forum, and might be mistaken.

I read the Tips thread and the Rules thread, but maybe there are things only experimented players of this site know about procedures and stuff, so I'd appreciate it if I could be adviced and taught even further, since I'm really interested in RP'ing.

Ah, and there's no need to hold back and be polite if you don't want to. I prefer blunt sincerity; helps me more than pampers and cotton candy.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:56 am

Well it could be anything as long as we are given a better idea of the setting. Right now I'm just assuming the setting is akin to something like Zettai Karen Children. I guess I also answered my own question about where people found this as anime-esque (the aforementioned anime is still pretty recent though.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:10 am

I've never heard of said animu but it reeks of the smell.

Hey, call me when somebody makes a Legend of Black Heaven RP and I'll buy into that s*** post-haste.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:45 am

Waifu: You!
It reminded me of Peverse investigations.

Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:45 am
 [ 15 posts ]