The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:46 pm

[ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Black Mage 

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
PsychoSSF2 wrote:
I am going to tell Cleod9 and some of the SSF2 developers about my idea, so I hope I get a response from them soon.

laughable

thats like asking the devs to resprite mario to look like he did in mario strikers, because it "looks cool"

Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:17 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
My idea for a :blackmage: rework:

Attributes:
- Mobility gets increased. Black Mage in Final Fantasy 1 is tied with the Thief for the title of fastest character in the game at a base level, so here's a couple of my suggestions:
  • Run Speed: 9.5 --> 11
  • Air Speed:6.5 --> 7.5
- Weight gets decreased slightly. Glass Cannon --> Emphasis on Glass.

He should be slower than he is in the air, and his traction should be a good bit worse, in order for him to be a little bit more slippery.

Moveset:
  • Jab starts up on Frame 4. This is stupid. The move has no range and not too much reward. Let's lower the startup to Frame 3 and call it a day. This gives him a nice new tool to play with given his decreased mobility.
  • Up Tilt could probably linger for a bit. Black Mage doesn't have particularly great anti airs, and the move doesn't have great combo potential at later percents so we can either have the hitbox out for longer or make it slightly better at combos, I dunno.
  • Down Smash either needs more knockback, more freeze time, or needs an angle change. This move has range and speed, being a frame 6 Smash attack, but the reward on hit just doesn't really work as well as it should if I'm gonna be honest.
  • Nair should be Frame 2 like the changelog actually says instead of Frame 3.
  • Up Air. Oh boy, where to begin. Okay, first thing I will say is that multihit Up Air is actually a decent idea. One thing I will suggest is that instead of outright reverting to 9b Up Air, we take a leaf out of Tempest's book and make it so that landing the first hit of the move guarantees that the other hits will connect. Also, make it kill a bit earlier.
  • Down Throw should do similar things to what it did in 9b. Similar angle and things. The traction boost will allow it to take better advantage of dash grab as an option so this'd be really nice.
  • Stop's SDI multiplier should be significantly decreased. It's fine to SDI specific things a little bit, but Black Mage shouldn't be able to have his opponent just escape Stop through some SDI shenanigans.
  • Haste should get it's 9b hitbox back. Seriously, you'd help his ledgetrapping so much.

This gives us a character with a much better advantage state, a significantly improved neutral game, and a slightly worse disadvantage at the cost of all of this. This should improve him quite a bit.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:57 am

MGN Username: CraftGMC
Waifu: Random No. Generator
TSF.Strife wrote:
  • Run Speed: 9.5 --> 11
  • Air Speed:6.5 --> 7.5
- Weight gets decreased slightly. Glass Cannon --> Emphasis on Glass
He should be slower than he is in the air, and his traction should be a good bit worse, in order for him to be a little bit more slippery.
Faster running speed and air speed... i think that would likely make up for his poor air jump height IMO
Glass cannon? now that's my kind of stuff too, i mean, he IS black mage, he's supposed to have insane offensives while having poor defensives (not quite to jigglypuff levels of being fragile though)
Lower traction - This could probably make FAir pseudo-wavedash more of an actual option also as a Luigi main i do seem to enjoy some quite slippey controls

TSF.Strife wrote:
  • Down Smash either needs more knockback, more freeze time, or needs an angle change.
  • Stop's SDI multiplier should be significantly decreased
  • Haste should get it's 9b hitbox back. Seriously, you'd help his ledgetrapping so much.
About down-smash.. it really shouldn't push opponents straight up (especially because we already have Up-Smash to do the job too), how about:
1 - heavily reducing the knockback (very low knockback growth, and average or below-average base) and change its angle to be diagonal (a 40° - 60° angle would seem more reasonable)
2 - Freeze time scales with damage, with a limit at 80% and taking nearly as long as Stop at 4 charges (but button mashing actually helps and somewhat reduces the time frozen)
should those two properties also go into the full charge version, the ice waves could potentially drag the opponent off a ledge (freeze time is a bit higher too, but of course does NOT reset when hitting an already-frozen opponent)
Also, this would also make DSmash a rather decent edgeguarding tool - freezing an opponent by the ledge and then just letting them plummet down sounds like an interesting option, but if that's sounding a little overpowered, just change a thing or two that i've mentioned i guess

And now about Stop - I agree about making SDI barely (if at all) help escaping Stop, it's pretty much intended to be a punish/kill confirm tool
As for Haste, i really don't actually mind the "obligatory sweetspot" nerf it had, but what i do mind is the fact that its kill power was also nerfed, so i rather want the knockback (and/or damage) of its 9b version to be brought back, rather than the hitbox to make the move connect

Another part of the rework i'd like is for his Dash-Attack's super armor to stand out for just a bit more or something, i dunno lol

Well, old friends, this is the day where everything will be archived for all to see and reminisce about.
This isn't a farewell, but rather a "See you later", as we move on to the next world

who'd've guessed my secondaries bit would have a new purpose!

Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:08 pm

MGN Username: bagrielmarmanjo
Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N (rarely), GBA Kirby Games, SSBC, Deltarune
Waifu: i like bepis
PsychoSSF2 wrote:
I am going to tell Cleod9 and some of the SSF2 developers about my idea, so I hope I get a response from them soon.

Attachments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (4).jpg
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (4).jpg [ 56.14 KiB | Viewed 1404 times ]

out of ideas here '-'
Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:59 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
Waifu: Rera (SSVI)
This is exactly why I blocked you. You use too many laughing images and it gets very old after a while.

YouTube Video:

Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:01 pm

not as old as your "memes"

out of ideas here '-'

Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:08 pm

MGN Username: Lermonz
PsychoSSF2 wrote:
This is exactly why I blocked you. You use too many laughing images and it gets very old after a while.

imbecile. you lack the awareness to realize that you in fact commit the exact sin you describe as reasoning for ignoring another of your kind. you absolute baboon.

buh

Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:35 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
So, I told Cleod9, Ray Fletcher, FriendAlias, and Refurin about my ideas for a possible Black Mage redesign for the in game sprites, the CSS sprites, the neutral special, side special and Final Smash changes, and the victory screen ideas! I hope I get to hear from them soon. And no, bagrielmarmanjo, you can NOT put a picture of two Japanese people laughing in your next comment because that's just plain RUDE, and no, Nonya, you can't put stuff like this...

Nonya wrote:
laughable

thats like asking the devs to resprite mario to look like he did in mario strikers, because it "looks cool"

...in your next comment.

YouTube Video:

Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:30 pm

MGN Username: Knuckles for SSF2
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
They can put what ever they want; you aren't the thought police.

Ultimate Secondaries: Toon Link, R.O.B. Richter, Roy, King K Rool, Lucas

Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:02 pm

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
Ray Fletcher isn't a dev lol

But even then, I doubt the devs would take ideas and suggestions made by one random person.

Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:59 pm
YIM WWW

PsychoSSF2 wrote:
So, I told Cleod9, Ray Fletcher, FriendAlias, and Refurin about my ideas for a possible Black Mage redesign for the in game sprites, the CSS sprites, the neutral special, side special and Final Smash changes, and the victory screen ideas! I hope I get to hear from them soon. And no, bagrielmarmanjo, you can NOT put a picture of two Japanese people laughing in your next comment because that's just plain RUDE, and no, Nonya, you can't put stuff like this...

Nonya wrote:
laughable

...in your next comment.

If I think your idea is bad, I'm gonna say so. I'm not required to agree with you, its a forum, not your echo chamber.

Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:15 pm

wow i guess stuff happened while i was away

out of ideas here '-'

Wed May 01, 2019 12:14 pm

tbh if black mage ever does get a full rework (doubtful lmao) why not base it off vivi

its a visually distinct design, but unlike that mario sports thing, it doesnt ruin the clean aesthetic of the classic ff black mage

Sun May 12, 2019 1:26 pm

Nonya wrote:
tbh if black mage ever does get a full rework (doubtful lmao) why not base it off vivi

its a visually distinct design, but unlike that mario sports thing, it doesnt ruin the clean aesthetic of the classic ff black mage

https://www.reddit.com/r/McLeodGaming/c ... _resprite/

Click on this link, and go down to the 2nd comment. Black Mage having limbs does not ruin the clean aesthetic of the elemental warrior, but would just give him a little less charm. Here is evidence of this:

BedoopBro wrote:
eeeeeehhhh, I still prefer our short little boye, not only because it's cute as heck but because if we did give him limbs he would lose less charm to him (as cool as the Sports Mix outfit is)
If he were to get a resprite that gave him more visible limbage (is that even a word?) I would probably like Vivi's appearance more ("more" as in "more, compared to sports mix" because i still prefer the no-legged lad at the end of the day) but even then
Valid opinion, though.

If I had a choice between both comments I found today, I'd rather agree more with BedoopBro. Not only does he agree with my opinion, he ACTUALLY SPEAKS ENGLISH.

YouTube Video:

Sun May 12, 2019 2:36 pm

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
What?
Nonya is speaking (well, typing) in English as well.

Sun May 12, 2019 9:58 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next