The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 8:20 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 26  Next
Fire Emblem Fates 

The character is never explicitly said to be gay. Sometimes girls flirt with girls, it's a generic anime s*** thing. Nobody thinks Katsuragi from Senran Kagura is explicitly a lesbian just because she likes grabbing tittays.

If you're not a weeaboo f*** like me, I get that this can be hard to understand. Please stop acting like this is an "issue" that needs to be "fixed" in an English translation, though.

There is an actual lesbian character in one of the versions of the game that you can marry. This isn't that character. Is that where the confusion is coming from?

Really though, why is it so f*** hard for us to just get what the developers of the game actually wrote?

Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:07 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
kb wrote:
Please stop acting like this is an "issue" that needs to be "fixed" in an English translation, though.
I am not, dogger

Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:38 pm

Term wrote:
kb wrote:
Please stop acting like this is an "issue" that needs to be "fixed" in an English translation, though.
I am not, dogger

You are, and you're doing it when you don't even understand what you're really talking about.

Soleil isn't gay. You can't romance her if you're playing as a female character. You can only romance her if you're playing as a male character. Yet you're talking about how locking you out of marrying her would be "fine-ish"? The f*** are you smoking?

Like I said, do your research.

Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:58 pm
Site Moderator

kb wrote:
Soleil isn't gay. You can't romance her if you're playing as a female character. You can only romance her if you're playing as a male character. Yet you're talking about how locking you out of marrying her would be "fine-ish"? The f*** are you smoking?
i said i didn't have a problem with locking you out of marrying her in the interest of not cheapening the character with "she's gay.... naw jk do what u want fam". you are not dumb enough to have not understood what I meant by that

and not at any point have i implied this is an "issue" to be "fixed"

that said, the fact that you can't marry her with a female avatar changes things (again). with that as the case, i don't really know what they're doing with the character and i don't think i care anymore

kb wrote:
Like I said, do your research.
what do you think is happening here, exactly? i looked up the issue and found an article explaining what the scene was, then brought it here. in discussing it with other people, who may know more about the game than you do (!!!!!), you are learning more about the situation. note how i said "if that's accurate" on the very post that started this chat, as if to say "if one of you weebs knows more about this than what's being let on, feel free to post"

amazing how that works

"you should have googled more"
admittedly the first result for "fire emblem gay conversion" is the nichegamer article you linked, but with the state the games journalism scene is in you can't blame me for expecting otherwise. discussion is a more valuable source of information than digging through a million "Nintendo Did A Thing I Disagree With" articles

Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:46 pm

if this isn't an "issue" that needs to be "fixed" then you shouldn't ever be fine with them "fixing" it

this is not hard to understand

as for "what they're doing with the character", it's pretty simple. she's Inigo's daughter. that's it, that's why she flirts with everyone

you could find this out if you just checked the fire emblem wiki or something. don't get mad at me for telling you to do your research when you're doing it in the wrong places

Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:13 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Kbs argument is pretty much "be nerdier you normal b****"

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:20 pm
YIM WWW

Kittenpuncher wrote:
Kbs argument is pretty much "be nerdier you normal b****"

This is the internet

How are you going to win an argument if you're not autistic about it

Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:26 pm
Site Moderator

kb wrote:
if this isn't an "issue" that needs to be "fixed" then you shouldn't ever be fine with them "fixing" it

this is not hard to understand
I said, "as fine as changing the original vision can be"

You'd have to be insane not to expect them to f*** with it some, so if they must change it I at least hope their changes are minimal or vaguely justifiable

kb wrote:
as for "what they're doing with the character", it's pretty simple. she's Inigo's daughter. that's it, that's why she flirts with everyone
tfw never recruited inigo

Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:13 pm

Waifu: You!
hello i am an army commander and one of my prized and most useful troops is having problems dealing with women
if i do not help her then sadly she will not be at her utmost combat efficiency

how f*** hypersensitive and naive can you be to not look at the context of the situation and just read the clickbait titles on your favorite kotaku facebook page
(this is not aimed at anyone in general, just at people that support this constant trend of Nintendon't Let The Kids See This puritanism)

Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:33 pm

http://nichegamer.com/2016/01/nintendo- ... lem-fates/

Casualise the f*** out of a series by pandering to waifufags and then remove said waifufag pandering in the localisation

Thank you Nintendo for saving me money, there's already enough games coming out next month

Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:54 pm

Good news for those of you in Australia! A copy of the Fire Emblem: Fates Special Edition pre-order has opened up.

Because I've cancelled mine.

Like at least I would be okay with removing the petting of underage characters but GOD DAMN

Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:58 pm

Why would you pre-order it anyway you stupid c***

note: you're Australian so this might be hard to grasp but I'm using "c***" negatively here

Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:01 pm

for the one cartridge meme and the neat artbook

but nintendo thinks I am a child now
best of luck to the NX

Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:02 pm

Currently Playing: Street Fighter 5 Fighter ID: NDT_Mighty. PM me to fight.
It doesn't have anything to do with the main game itself, so whatever but why add something just to remove it. That's stupid. Charging the same full price for incomplete games isn't something we haven't seen before, but god damn it nintendo you're being extremely stupid this generation.

Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:29 pm

Ok seeing as the source is kotaku I'm over my seething anger stage and am in the naivete stage

I'm praying that kotaku is wrong as usual

Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:32 pm
 [ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 26  Next