The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:33 pm

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Time Zero: A New World 

Story

Its The End. The world is about to be destroyed by the will of god. There is no stopping this, no changing this.
This destiny cannot be altered. A new world awaits in its place. The preparation of this destiny has been handed down to a chosen group of people, who are given special abilities to carry this out. There is a total of thirteen of them, each one the powers necessary to carry this task out. One of them is given an ability which allows him/her to record all that is good in the world to preserve those qualities for the next. Another is given the ability to change time itself, removing all the things which could prove fatal to the new world. Four are given destructive powers to remove any other evil. Another four are given the abilities of the earth itself, and their task is meant to be carried out after the world is destroyed, bringing new life to the world and enriching it, till then, they assist the others with their healing powers and a few destructive spells. The last three each hold a unique ability like the first two. One holds the ability to completely change the laws the world is based upon, again supporting the ones meant to destroy. He/She can control gravity, change how we socialize, etc. The 2nd of these 3 has a unimaginable amount of intelligence, and assists all of his comrades in any way he can. The last one is meant to be the one who gives the new world its sense of identity, its name, and, how its future shall unfold.
These 13 do not know each other, and are meant to seek each other out. These 13 are meant to prepare for the destruction of the world, assist in the destruction, and are finally meant to create it and give it life. These 13 chosen are known as the Tenshu Sentaku (Name is subject to change).
In the ages past, there was no trouble when the time came to create a new world, however, this time around, there are humans who have uncovered these secrets, secrets left in a copy of the same book used by the one who records everything good. This copy was made by a man who had a grudge against all this in the creation process of this world, and had left these secrets in a copy. Three powerful factions have been set up who are now searching for the Tenshu Sentaku to kill them and stop the destruction. They are:

The Covenant Bound: Nothing is known about them, except the fact that they only work underground and pull off various daring skirmishes now and again. They always leave a symbol behind wherever they strike, which is made out of iron and resembles a cross with spiked ends, and a skull projecting a planet at the center of the cross. Each of their members appears to be more powerful than the average human, performing feats no acrobat can pull off or powerful magicians can perform. Rumors abound that their power stems from higher beings, beings with which they form pacts that grant them power. Currently, they appear to be fighting the Tenshu Sentaku.

Tri Nexus: This is the alliance of the world's most powerful countries, Ylsyn, Terguson and Exodia. They seek to fight violence with violence, and will do anything to stop the Tenshu Sentaku. They focus more on magic and ranged combat. However, the three countries often clash with each other, and therefore, their alliance can succumb to a well thought out plan. Their relationship with the Covenant Bound is strong, but it considers the Justice Knights to be complete trash.

Justice Knights: Perhaps the only faction not to acknowledge fighting fire with fire. The Justice Knights do not fight unless forced to. Its members have diverse strengths. Some focus on magic, some on close ranged combat, and some seek to hit from afar. However, at this time this particular faction’s foundation is still shaky, and does not have the strength and planning of the other two factions. They seek to understand the Tenshu Sentaku, and depending on what they find out, either destroy them, or assist them.

The rest is a spoiler, and once revealed over course of RP, they will be added here (under spoiler tags).

Character Format

Name:
Appearance:
Faction: Tenshu Sentaku/Covenant Bound/Justice Knights/Tri Nexus
If Tenshu Sentaku, specify your number. Your number determines your abilities. If you choose 3-6, then you get attacking skills, which you are free to determine. Since there is no Stat and Damage system in this RP, whenever your character is hit by an attack, depending on where it hits, the character can either live or die. Say, his legs are damaged, you may no longer teleport, run away, etc. You can only walk extremely slowly. The only ones who are nearly unbeatable (Can take 10 missile shots to their whole body...i joke. But 2 = yes. No, really!) are the Tenshu Sentaku.
The max Tenshu Sentaku are 13, and they cannot be replaced by anyone else unless one of them dies.
Character Bio and personailty:
Weapon: You can carry a maximum of 3 weapons. In case of 3, your strength MUST be dispersed between all 3, we DON'T want godmods.
Attacks:
You may have a maximum of 6 attacks, with the last one being a finisher which can only be used while hurt.
Specify which body parts the attacks aim for, you can target a maximum of 2 parts, and the finisher can target the whole body.

Not complete YET...

Last edited by eclipsezero on Thu May 07, 2009 1:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:40 am

This sounds an awful lot like a certain DS game I know...

Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:35 am

Which one? o_O
The 2nd of the chosen ones is based of Time Hollow, and the first of Avalon Code.
Other than that....
is there anything else similar?

EDIT: Oh wait, and the story too >_<

Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:37 am

Meh. Too bad. The first few words caught my attention.

Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:42 am

So i guess i still need to improve on this...

Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:52 am

roguebass wrote:
So i guess i still need to improve on this...

This, and improve your grammar.

Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:54 am

>_> <_< maybe i should write the rest of the story instead of making an excuse, er, trying out more ideas.
After all, you can't really give a proper C+C on a incomplete story right?
Though, of course, even that might not be good enough.
*edits*

Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:06 am

Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Osu!, FTL, Cortex Command, Hearthstone
He has the basics down...

This is why I had Thai do the story for my RP. (Although it fell apart anyways.)
... Zesper, you can handle the feedback, amirite?

I'll just leave now...

Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:08 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
ConquestStreak wrote:
He has the basics down...

This is why I had Thai do the story for my RP. (Although it fell apart anyways.)
... Zesper, you can handle the feedback, amirite?

That he does. Still, the premise is interesting in itself. If properly developed (and edited) I think it would be acceptable, though it remains to be seen whether people would join or not.

Still if you were going with the mysterious vibes from the Covenant, you probably should have implied that they served higher powers and forces that conspire against Earth's. That and the other factions need a little more in terms of distinguishing one from the other.

Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:16 pm

@Thaiberium
I am not quite sure whether i understand what you mean by the mysterious vibes from the Covenant. Do you mean i should change it so that they have always worked along with these gods against the Earth (underground, out of sight) and are now using the war for their purposes (which they already are, but currently the idea they JUST formed the covenant/pact)?
And by distinguishing qualities, i guess you mean i should specify their strengths and weakness, and unique qualities which set them apart.
Did i interpret all of that correctly?

EDIT:
Also, i could do with some name change suggestions for "Tenshu Sentaku", doesn't sound too good in my opinion >_<. Its the best i could come up with.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:03 am

When I meant mysterious vibes, I meant, if you wanted the Covenant to be mysterious, you'd imply they were up to something rather than stating it out right. The others just seem to be the same people with different names, so yeah, giving them some unique qualities would nice.

As for a new name, the only one I can think of is Lucky Thirteen.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:21 am

Oh, i see.
Something like this perhaps:
However, the covenant did not truly seem to be bent on the destruction of the Tenshu Sentaku, rather, they appeared to be aiming for a higher purpose. There were rumours that the Covenant Bound were pulling several strings behind the war for their purpose.

And for uniqueness:
Covenant Bound: nothing is known about them, except the fact that they only worked underground and pulled off various daring skirmishes. They always left a symbol made out of iron behind wherever they struck. This symbol was a cross with spiked ends, and a skull projecting a planet at the center of the cross. Each of its members appears to be more powerful than the average human, performing feats no acrobat can pull off or powerful magicians can pull off.

Tri Nexus: The power formed out of the union of three powerful countries. They seek to fight violence with violence, and aim to stop at nothing to stop the Tenshu Sentaku. It focuses more on magic and ranged combat, but however, can easily succumb to a well thought out plan. Their relationship with the other the Covenant Bound faction is strong, and it trusts them with all important deliveries and plans.

Justice Knights: The true freedom force of the humans. They do not acknowledge the Tri Nexus's motto of fighting fire with fire, and seeks not to fight unless forced too. Its members have dispersed strengths, some focusing on magic, some on close ranged combat, and some seeking to hit from afar. However, at this time it is still shaky, and does not have the strength and planning of the other two factions. (They improve over course of RP)

Would that do?

Regarding character format and the rest, i am putting it off until i have a solid story. After all, a RP must have a good story to truly progress, right?

*in the meanwhile removes spoiler from story*

Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:27 am

You could improve your wording.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:40 pm

Currently Playing: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
Reminds me of my Amalgamation RP's completed form.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:10 pm

HalfMoonMagister wrote:
Reminds me of my Amalgamation RP's completed form.

s***.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:34 pm
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next