The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:39 pm

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Practice Bout 

OOC: Maybe you should, but I'm only fighting three people. Wait until Dragon Fang posts less than five lines, then I'll kick him out and you can join if you want to.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:36 pm

Okay, I can wait a day.

Last edited by Zesper on Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:45 pm

OOC: Oh, come on, you won't have to wait that long. :P

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:47 pm

Currently Playing: Zero Time Dilemma
I would expect that Dragon Fang would post 5 lines exactly on his first post, but I'm not sure if he'd be capable of doing so.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:49 pm

It would be too much for his brain to handle.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:57 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
((A character sheet? I shall not stoop that low.))

Meditating at the bottom of the bamboo poles, was the Guardian of the Forest. Once a mere man, he had communed with the spirits of the forest. As the years wore by, his spirit started to share parts of itself with the forest itself, becoming part of the ecosystem. Today's session was in the midst of the thick bamboo forest. Many a mere mortal had tried to reach him, seeking his knowledge and power. Quickly, each of them fell, either to the guardian beasts or the stalks of bamboo with sharp protrusions. It was then that the restlessness of the forest struck him. As the small blades of bamboo leaves fell around him, he could sense another, younger presence. It mattered not who they were, they had disturbed him. He reached out for his gosetsukon.

The gosetsukon was a bamboo staff, about as long as a bo, but much deadlier. Fashioned like a millipede's legs, a set of sharp hooks forming a "T" at the bamboo joints as they ran parallel to another set were the real highlights of the weapons. It was used for trapping and ensnaring their victims, where the 'mouth' would be used to crush. As if it was not enough, the sections could break away at the joints of bamboo and be wielded as a sectioned staff, held together with tough, thick and elastic vine. It was a difficult weapon to master, and the Guardian once again offered his thanks to the spirits that had guided his hand along his training.

The gosetsukon now with in his left hand, he grabbed on to the nearest stalk with his right and pulled himself up. He was barefoot and that made the task of climbing easier, though he wished that his grey tunic and simple pants did not flutter so much in the wind. The same could be said about his haggard greying hair and beard. Still it was not everyday he was clambering about in the trees like a monkey. When he reached the top, it was then he saw the interloper. A skinny and pale young man, looking like he would snap in the breeze. No point in being rash, content with silently observing the new arrival.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:35 pm

Shadow jumps from the Branches of the trees trying to go through fast trying to find a village or at least a place to rest before he continue through his journey as he remembers the day his village was attacked, Shadow decides to continue walking, He leans to the trees trying to restore some of his energy, He cuts through some of the leafs, He decided to climb the tree to see his way through the forest, He stayed up for a minute seeing a lake and some kind of pit and some on walking toward the pit, Shadow jumps down the tree and continue cutting the leafs getting to the lake, He sits and meditate for a few minutes to get enough energy for a fight Reserve for a fight, He then quickly jumps through the Branches of the trees to get to the bamboo pit, Watching someone carefully jumping through it he crouch Watching him.

OOC: Have some faith people.

Once upon a time... Animals were telling each other jokes all of them laughed except the donkey, And in the next day they found the donkey laughing and when they asked him for the reason he said "I understood yesterday's joke."

Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:20 am

Thaiberium wrote:

OOC: At least post a bio. And you haven't been accepted yet.

Rattigan started as he saw his new visitor, and his surprise brought him to a sudden stop, and the tips of the bamboo canes put pressure on the soles of his feet. He eyed the newcomer warily, as if he would explode at any minute. Remaining speechless, he forced himself to purge his mind of all emotions, the ideal condition for fighting. He quietly and motionlessly prepared himself for the eventuallity of a battle, should it come. He continued to wait, wondering what the new arrival's next move would be.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:26 am

Shadow sees a kid about 15 on a pit of bamboo sticks, He notices a strange shaped sword (So he can fight, I wonder will he think about attacking me.) Shadow stands up re-staring at the kid, Shadow take a few steps forward focusing and staring at the kid, Shadow gets close to the pit and takes his bow out and puts an arrow with the sting, He takes a deep breath and jumps on one of the bamboo sticks standing with no move to keep the balance, "What are you doing here kid, As you can see this place is dangerous for plenty of people." Shadow says looking at the kid jumps a few bamboo sticks forward keeping a distance with the kid.

Once upon a time... Animals were telling each other jokes all of them laughed except the donkey, And in the next day they found the donkey laughing and when they asked him for the reason he said "I understood yesterday's joke."

Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:18 am

Nate wrote:
Thaiberium wrote:

OOC: At least post a bio. And you haven't been accepted yet.

((That was my bio...))

Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:57 am

OOC: Fine, but I really wish you'd wait to be accepted before posting.

Rattigan continued to observe the newcomer. He appeared to be doing the same as well, analyzing everything about him with his piercing gaze. Rattigan scowled as he produced a bow and put an arrow to the string, as if daring him to act. He wasn't disappointed, as his query made a move to leap the short distance between him and the nearest bamboo stick, then, after a moment of wavering, achieved balance. Then he addressed Rattigan.
"What are you doing here, kid?" He asked challengingly. "As you can see, this place is dangerous for plenty of people." Whether the man was implying a threat, Rattigan could not tell. All that he could tell was that this guy was treating him like a child, and it was starting to piss him off. However, he retained his composure and shrugged, casually leaning on his sword, which was embedded in the top of another bamboo stick. That's when he saw with his peripheral vision a new contender observing him warily.
This could get interesting... He thought with an inward smirk.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:23 pm

Nate wrote:
OOC: Fine, but I really wish you'd wait to be accepted before posting.

((Can't you read? That was my bio. That was not an actual post, since I haven't even done anything to you yet. Just to be on the safe side, am I allowed to RP?))

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:43 pm

OOC: Yes, you're accepted.
*Nate shuts up, not wanting to continue a pointless argument.*

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:49 pm

Shadow shoots an arrow toward a bamboo stick to show him that he is serious, He puts his bow on his back and draws his katana and made a vertical slash pointing at him, Annoyed by his smiley, "I am not kidding as you can see, Don't take this as a game, You better get back home a sword and a shield can't protect you if you don't know how to protect your self." Shadow says as he walks slowly to the side on the bamboo sticks going around the kid, Then he stops and continue staring at the kid looking for any movements coming from him, Shadow continue staring as he put his other leg in an other bamboo stick and take a fighting position, "I am not asking for a fight, But you shouldn't go to places like this alone." Shadow says.

Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:51 am

Dragon fang wrote:
Shadow shoots an arrow toward a bamboo stick to show him that he is serious, He puts his bow on his back and draws his katana and made a vertical slash pointing at him, Annoyed by his smiley, "I am not kidding as you can see, Don't take this as a game, You better get back home a sword and a shield can't protect you if you don't know how to protect your self." Shadow says as he walks slowly to the side on the bamboo sticks going around the kid, Then he stops and continue staring at the kid looking for any movements coming from him, Shadow continue staring as he put his other leg in an other bamboo stick and take a fighting position, "I am not asking for a fight, But you shouldn't go to places like this alone." Shadow says.

Rattigan watched as the stranger shot an arrow into a nearby bamboo shaft, instantly embedding into the side, obviously a warning shot. This guy was pretty good. He took out his sword and sliced through the air with it before addressing him. The words didn't have the effect that this man was probably hoping for. In fact, they had no effect at all. Rattigan was completely unmoved by his display. He then watched as the newcomer shifted into a fighting stance. This guy was certainly pugnacious. This guy obvious hadn't the slightest clue to Rattigan's abilities, a fatal error when it came to battle. Not wanting to provoke an unnecessary and time-wasting conflict, Rattigan dispersed his sword and his shield and relaxed his stance.
"I can take care of myself." He said coldly. "I've made it this far, haven't I?"

Last edited by Nate on Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:56 am
 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next