The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:52 pm

[ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
Jigglypuff 
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Learn how to combo into Rest. Luckily enough, the best way to practice is just to play Puff and try and land Rests. In practice games, be really adventurous and try to land difficult Rests. Because Puff has such a strong punish game, reads are important for Puff: for example, practicing tech chasing is really helpful. When you hit someone on the ground, try to stay above them so you can react to whatever they do, and practice that. Additionally, know which moves beat which recoveries and how to edgeguard the entire cast. As a side note, learn Rest kill percentages.

P.S. Jigglypuff has one of the best shields in the game (although don't let them break it!) and an excellent roll (although a TERRIBLE tech roll, so don't DI down and tech things unless it's the only way to live), so while grounded you have good defensive options to get out of pressure and get back in the air.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:28 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
how do I win as falcon vs. this character

nothing works ;~;

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:15 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Jammy wrote:

nothing works ;~;

I would suggest gettig her above you and using uair. Jiggs is probably going to go to the air on her own anyways, it's just a matter of beating/outspacing/out-timing her aerial option with yours.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:10 pm
BR Member

Phoenix Wright wrote:
Jammy wrote:

nothing works ;~;

I would suggest gettig her above you and using uair. Jiggs is probably going to go to the air on her own anyways, it's just a matter of beating/outspacing/out-timing her aerial option with yours.

hmm I'm finding it really difficult to space/punish properly

it seems like they can just float in with a fair and beat all of your options, I'm not really sure how to approach

should I just be trying to bait out an unsafe move and then punish? cause I can't find any openings where jiggs is vulnerable. it seems like all her hitboxes are super safe

Youtube         Twitch

Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:35 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Jammy wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Jammy wrote:

nothing works ;~;

it seems like they can just float in with a fair and beat all of your options, I'm not really sure how to approach

should I just be trying to bait out an unsafe move and then punish? cause I can't find any openings where jiggs is vulnerable. it seems like all her hitboxes are super safe

They way I see it, there is a timing for punishing fair but you have to out space it by a fair amount. This window of opportunity isn't very big, but I'm pretty you *can* throw an aerial in if they miss the fair. If you have a dash key, then just run away longer than a full DD, then do the half circle down towards Jiggs then SH uair or something.

It's like fighting Marth, you gotta get them to commit to something and then punish that. The hardest part about this MU is the fact that when you get a hit you probably won't get much else.

Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:58 pm
BR Member

Phoenix Wright wrote:
Jammy wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Jammy wrote:

nothing works ;~;

They way I see it, there is a timing for punishing fair but you have to out space it by a fair amount. This window of opportunity isn't very big, but I'm pretty you *can* throw an aerial in if they miss the fair. If you have a dash key, then just run away longer than a full DD, then do the half circle down towards Jiggs then SH uair or something.

It's like fighting Marth, you gotta get them to commit to something and then punish that. The hardest part about this MU is the fact that when you get a hit you probably won't get much else.

that's a great analogy actually, cause when I play it like it's vs marth by doing dash back -> sideB, then I always hit it.

the problem is, that's the only hit you get lol. nothing combos.
I think spacing with bair is (maybe) good? the only wins I've taken from chaunch are the ones where I've been spacing a lot and playing very passive.

Youtube         Twitch

Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:35 pm
SSF2 Developer

Jammy wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Jammy wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Jammy wrote:

nothing works ;~;

that's a great analogy actually, cause when I play it like it's vs marth by doing dash back -> sideB, then I always hit it.

I think spacing with bair is (maybe) good? the only wins I've taken from chaunch are the ones where I've been spacing a lot and playing very passive.

I've cursorily gone over any Falcon-Puff stuff on the Melee forums at Smashboards, and they agree with me that uair is the way to go. Bair has the risk of being beat since it is a more horizontally hitting move (as opposed to uair which hits above), and Jiggs has a lot of horizontal priority. At least bair is good for killing, thats for sure.
Source: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-falcon-index-thread-new-post-of-the-week-by-magus.307911/

Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:01 pm
BR Member

Phoenix Wright wrote:
Jammy wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Jammy wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Jammy wrote:

nothing works ;~;

I've cursorily gone over any Falcon-Puff stuff on the Melee forums at Smashboards, and they agree with me that uair is the way to go. Bair has the risk of being beat since it is a more horizontally hitting move (as opposed to uair which hits above), and Jiggs has a lot of horizontal priority. At least bair is good for killing, thats for sure.
Source: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-falcon-index-thread-new-post-of-the-week-by-magus.307911/

thanks for the link, that's actually very helpful.

the general consensus seems to be:
  • In neutral - space bairs and apply pressure constantly, don't let Jiggs set up a wall. However, don't pressure with nair and don't get too offensive. Space her out.
  • Try and keep her above you. If Jiggs is above you, use uair to combo. Try to end stocks as soon as possible with knee.
  • Dthrow knee is good in melee, but I think fthrow knee is more reliable in this game. It works vs. MK anyway. More testing needed.
  • Edgeguarding isn't worth it - apply pressure from on stage using uair/bair to try and keep her off.

Youtube         Twitch

Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:22 pm
SSF2 Developer

Jammy wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Jammy wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Jammy wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Jammy wrote:

nothing works ;~;

• In neutral - space bairs and apply pressure constantly, don't let Jiggs set up a wall. However, don't pressure with nair and don't get too offensive. Space her out.
  • Try and keep her above you. If Jiggs is above you, use uair to combo. Try to end stocks as soon as possible with knee.
  • Dthrow knee is good in melee, but I think fthrow knee is more reliable in this game. It works vs. MK anyway. More testing needed.
  • Edgeguarding isn't worth it - apply pressure from on stage using uair/bair to try and keep her off.

Yeah, dthrow has so many different trajectories that it isn't that useful for landing Knee. Maybe you can try fthrow->stomp. Even if you don't do it offstage, it has enough knockback to put her on the ground => tech chase her terrible rolls.

Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:01 am
BR Member

Phoenix Wright wrote:
Jammy wrote:

Yeah, dthrow has so many different trajectories that it isn't that useful for landing Knee. Maybe you can try fthrow->stomp. Even if you don't do it offstage, it has enough knockback to put her on the ground => tech chase her terrible rolls.

never.

Youtube         Twitch

Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:14 am

MGN Username: SoldierSunday
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
YouTube Video:

Boomanter does an amazing tech chase at 1:42

" You know what neither Melee nor Brawl have ? Controller input history in training mode." - 228zip, 2013

Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:10 am

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
SoldierSunday wrote:
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfrn0wixbl0 ]

Soft nair into rest? That's new.

Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:55 pm

MGN Username: qqwxiron,IronH
WRXJoey wrote:
SoldierSunday wrote:

New?! Bruh I've been doing those since the day I saw HBox.

♪ But first let me play another #friendly!

Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:36 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
IronH wrote:
WRXJoey wrote:
SoldierSunday wrote:

New?! Bruh I've been doing those since the day I saw HBox.

I didn't know about that, but I am going try it now.

I have been playing with Jiggs a lot lately and using different combos into Rest while working on my spacing and edge guarding.

She is a very fun character to use until you lose against someone who thinks that she is your main.

I also updated Jiggs rest page and added things about the space animal slayer from my times using her online.
http://mcleodgaming.wikia.com/wiki/Rest

Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:37 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: mcompany
Currently Playing: ssf2,melee,pm,sm4sh
How good is dair? On CPU's it combos to rest easily. I haven't been able to test it online because my internet keeps drop, but dair seems to easily lead to a bair, fair, or nair when I do get the chance to play a lag-less match

ssf2 main: idk, haven't seriously played yet. secondaries/jokes: :gameandwatch: :marth: :link: :sandbag: :jigglypuff: :falco:

Pm main:g&w second: ROB, lucario

Sm4sh main: good question

Man do I wish there were local ssf2 tourneys or at least side events so my practice is actually worth it.

Fri May 08, 2015 12:35 am
 [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next