The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:23 am

[ 1576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 106  Next
SSF2 Beta Bug Report/Troubleshooting Thread 

Alright, so I've been having trouble getting ssf2 to work on Linux. I've tried looking online for solutions for the problem but, I haven't found much success. Yesterday, whenever I would open the ssf2 or fp program, nothing would happen. When I would run the fp64 program, it would create a file that said invalid error programming (or something like that, if I get a reply and it's super important then I'll correct it with the proper name). Today, I tried it after shutting it down and restarting it, and now it attempts to use the video app to run. FP doesn't work and changing ssf2 to ssf2.sh isn't working either. I've tried finding my flash player settings but have had no luck. The browser says the plugin isn't right either.

Anyways, thanks for your help.
--leafsnivy300

Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:06 pm

Hey there, so I recently started playing the game again after a few years of inactivity. The last version I remember playing the crap out of because this is an amazing game was 0.9b. Black mage is my favorite character, and always will be. Whether this has already been mentioned or not, I don't know so I apologize if I am reposting. I noticed that Black mages Side special move "Haste" seems to be almost completely useless as of now. When you us the attack in 0.9b you can always hit your target whether they are standing in front of you, or a few feet away. Whereas the version 1.1.0.1 seems to have broken this attack entirely? In the picture on the new version below, you can see me using the Haste ability directly in front of Naruto and it doesn't grab him, whereas in the version 0.9b it grabs him at close range? I also enjoy the 0.9 line for the haste attack as opposed to the round bubble that appears in the newest version? Also on a side note, this is merely my opinion, but I feel I like the ice particles from his once attack to look like the 0.9 version. The newer version ice seems very choppy and kind of displeasing to look at. Anyways, thanks for making such a great game! Thanks for reading my post!

Attachments:
bmage4.png
bmage4.png [ 31.8 KiB | Viewed 1354 times ]
bmage3.png
bmage3.png [ 237.54 KiB | Viewed 1354 times ]
bmage1.png
bmage1.png [ 205.33 KiB | Viewed 1354 times ]
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:15 pm

This bug happens to me with goku :goku: (it was the only character who noticed this bug, if one more character is missing, I didn't use it)
The bug is as follows, it occurs to me with stick items and lightsabers, when goku will attack with one of these items, it looks like it goes to the final sprite of the attack, it doesn't show the sprite attacking the enemy, I really don't know if you can understand this bug occurs in version 1.1.0.1 (happens on the website and the downloaded game)

Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:14 pm

MGN Username: Lermonz
I saw this on the stream during super smash con, for some reason while Black Mage's meteor is rising it stopped at the platform and then went at a fully 90* angle

https://clips.twitch.tv/BadSlickDragonTheThing

buh

Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:21 pm

Can I have ssf2 beta now

Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:16 pm

MGN Username: POWEROFPRO
Currently Playing: nothing
Give me ssf2beta1.2 wrote:
Can I have ssf2 beta now

yes

Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:00 am

MGN Username: T-Permutation
Currently Playing: Parsec and sometimes Fightcade.
2spooky4you wrote:
Give me ssf2beta1.2 wrote:
Can I have ssf2 beta now

yes
What do you mean? The 1.2 update isn't out yet.

Good times at helping this great community
My discord: TheGodTierCeviche#0303

Also join Zimbax's discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/eevq7YJ

Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:56 am

MGN Username: CraftGMC
Waifu: Random No. Generator
Certain characters' smash attacks don't cancel when sliding off a platform/ledge (mostly up-smashes), making them able to smash attack mid-air, or even "ledge-drop smash attack", though this requires both frame and pixel perfection (this can be more easily observed if windboxes are used so you don't have to keep doing frame AND pixel perfect inputs)
(also sliding off to the right side is impossible for some reason, you can only fall from the left, as far as i've seen)
Here is an example: show
Image Image

Since windboxes made the job much easier, i don't need to waste hours of repetitive inputs just to list which characters can for some reason smash attack mid-air
So here you go:
:captainfalcon: Up-Smash
:fox: :falco: Up-Smash and Forward Smash (Forward Smash completely stops their ground movement though)
:pit: Up-Smash
:tails: Up-Smash
:bomberman: Down-Smash (i was kinda surprised, but it's especially hard to slide off the ledge with him)
:goku: Up-Smash
:ichigo: Down-Smash
:sandbag: Up-Smash (can be reliably AND easily done with DownB or just dashing, no buggy collision detection needed)

Well, old friends, this is the day where everything will be archived for all to see and reminisce about.
This isn't a farewell, but rather a "See you later", as we move on to the next world

who'd've guessed my secondaries bit would have a new purpose!

Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:56 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
that actually looks really cool, i think i'd almost rather see them add the same effect to the right ledge than remove it considering how hard it is to pull off

Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:20 pm

MGN Username: POWEROFPRO
Currently Playing: nothing
Dust_the_1000 wrote:
What do you mean? The 1.2 update isn't out yet.

he said "ssf2 beta" not "ssf2 beta 1.2"

Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:55 am

And also tell them that supersmashcon 2019 is over and can I get now ssf2 beta 1.2 tester build or ssf2 beta 1.2 please I am really sorry sorry wah wahluigi

Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:53 am

As Peach, I down-smashed Kirby while he was a rock during the “Pretty in Pink” event. All particle effects stopped despawning, and no damage could be dealt to anything.

Attachments:
bugreport.png
bugreport.png [ 187.3 KiB | Viewed 1157 times ]
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:31 pm

So I accidentally Isaac d-aired a Wario CPU through this part of Green Hill Zone while messing around waiting for class to start.
Attachment:
Yeet.PNG
Yeet.PNG [ 76.75 KiB | Viewed 1111 times ]

He jumped right back out, but I was able to recreate the result by just walking two players into each for a bit over that general area.
Sorry if this is already known, I just wanted to report it before class started.

Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:10 pm

Sandbag doesn't unlock for some reason :sandbag: :sandbag:
after some time I came to play again. I try to get sandbag on story mode, normal then beat the mode without any deaths.
Doesn't work so I try another character. Still doesn't work. I hope I did something wrong or something wrong already happen

Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:29 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
Waifu: Rera (SSVI)
^
Not a dev, but to unlock Sandbag, you're supposed to go into Classic Mode, use RANDOM, enter with Normal Difficulty, and beat the mode without any deaths.

YouTube Video:

Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:17 pm
 [ 1576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 106  Next