The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 9:18 pm

[ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
JB's Sprite gallery 

Reix wrote:
JB-the-Hunter wrote:
Well in the finished animation he's going to get right back up after throwing the shield as seen here:
[ Image ]

I don't think that came out how I wanted it to...

Look at these:ImageImage

Which one looks better and why?

Hard to tell with both moving at the same time but I'm gonna say the first one. It's quicker and looks like he's actually attempting an attack. Second one looks like he's stretching out his nonexistent neck.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:39 pm

JB-the-Hunter wrote:
Reix wrote:
JB-the-Hunter wrote:
Well in the finished animation he's going to get right back up after throwing the shield as seen here:
[ Image ]

I don't think that came out how I wanted it to...

Look at these:ImageImage

Which one looks better and why?

Hard to tell with both moving at the same time but I'm gonna say the first one. It's quicker and looks like he's actually attempting an attack. Second one looks like he's stretching out his nonexistent neck.

Well that backfired...

The second one was supposed to be better because it has an 'oomph' frame, where his head's movement when it reaches the top, meaning he slowed down just a hair, making it look smoother.

Commission info - http://reiforce.deviantart.com/journal/

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:52 pm

Well I can see what you're saying there, but maybe you should speed up the framerate for each frame so it can retain the oomph, but move a little quicker. But how exactly does this apply to my animation? Which part should I slow down?

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:57 pm

JB-the-Hunter wrote:
Well I can see what you're saying there, but maybe you should speed up the framerate for each frame so it can retain the oomph, but move a little quicker. But how exactly does this apply to my animation? Which part should I slow down?

After he throws the shield, he stops completely. One or two more frames can be added/swapped in to make it flow better.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:49 am

Just in case anyone was wondering, before I do any further animations for Cap I'm touching up the moveset I'm giving him for my game project. Him as well as all the other characters. Hopefully I can get multiple characters done before expansion time for SSF2 comes around so I can use some of them for expansions as well.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:20 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
What kind of game do you plan to make?

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:28 pm

It's a Smash Bros./PSAllstars type game. Control scheme wise, it's exactly like PSAllstars, except it'll have actual health bars and only one super move in the vein of a final smash. No SSB style ring-outs either. If that sounds appealing to you please feel free to pitch in.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:19 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
I'd love too because I'm a fan or Marvel, but I'm affraid I'll have to pass the offer. I already have troubles with keeping up on SSF2 Developement due to my college schedule haha.

Best of luck!

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:24 pm

There's no rush, I probably won't be anywhere near complete with this project for a few years. Keep an eye out for it though.

And thanks.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:32 pm

Currently Playing: BF3, Black Ops 2, and Trine 2
His sprites remind me of ol' classic Vector man! :)

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Here are some more sprites. They're for another game I'm working on. (The fourth one needs some work, I know)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Check here for more info: http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_ ... ic=40013.0

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter on Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:38 am

http://spriters-resource.com/other_syst ... heet/33613

A bit too Paul Robertson, if you ask me.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:26 pm

Well that was the point. I love his style. Particularly his work on the Scott Pilgrim game.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:24 pm

JB-the-Hunter wrote:
Well that was the point. I love his style. Particularly his work on the Scott Pilgrim game.

As is 'I immediately recognized the first one's pose being carbon copied from Stephen.' I took both sprites and overlayed, and it looks like you just recolored one of the idle frames for the Cheetahman Dog Guy, and likely the same goes for the rest.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Reix wrote:
JB-the-Hunter wrote:

As is 'I immediately recognized the first one's pose being carbon copied from Stephen.' I took both sprites and overlayed, and it looks like you just recolored one of the idle frames for the Cheetahman Dog Guy, and likely the same goes for the rest.

Errrm, no. I did recolor edit a frame from Stephen's idle as a base for my doggy friend, but the rest of the characters are 100% custom. And I'm going to make custom animations for every single one of them anyway. And even so, there's nothing wrong with using someone else's work as inspiration. It's not like people don't make characters using MvC/Street Fighter, JUS, or even Sonic style.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:59 pm
 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next