The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:13 am

[ 11 posts ] 
[10/17] HYPE! Royale Teams Tournament 4 
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
HYPE! ROYALE 4

We´re getting closer to reach the tourney number of the original series... I guess Im the only one excited about this.

Want to know the exact time? Check out the bracket below and look at the upper right corner. You can see the time and date for your timezone there.

Here is the IRC
Here is the Bracket

This tournament is a Teams Tournament. As such, you may only enter with a partner. (Obviously.) Only one partner should check in to avoid confusion, similar like this: Partner/Partner. Team names are allowed. For obvious reasons, you still have to enter the names of both players if you use a team name, otherwise you will get kicked. If you dont find a partner till tournament beginning, you may NOT participate. If your partner cant play, a substitite partner is allowed. If you dont get one, you may continue 2vs1. To be able to participate, make sure to check in both here and in the IRC!

STAGELIST:

Neutral:

* Battlefield

* Final Destination/Nintendo 3DS (both stages can be stricken at once)

* Smashville

* Pokémon Stadium 3

* Dracula´s Castle

Counterpick:

* Dreamland

* Mirror Chamber

* Yoshi´s Island

* Gangplank Galleon

* Lunar Core

* Castle Siege/Jungle Hijinx (both stages can be stricken at once)

* Tower of Salvation

RULESET:

- 4 stocks, 8 minutes. Matches played in other formats do not count. Period.

- Items and Hazards are OFF, Team damage is set to ON. Hazards are ON if the match is played on Galaxy Tours however.

- If you fail to show up at least 10 Minutes before tournament begin, you lose your right to participate and are out. No exceptions. Do your partner a favor and dont be late. This 10 minute window allows the player left alone to find a substitution partner. If he doesnt find one, the TCS Addendum (see below) applies.

- TCS Addendum: In case that your partner has to drop out mid-tourney, you may continue 2vs1. The opposing team has both members down to 2 stocks each, and the match wont start till all players are tangible. This means that you cannot use respawn invincibility to begin the match. Additionally, the solo player gets free stage choice with DSR in affect.

- You may NOT switch partners mid-tourney. Only exception to this is before the event starts and you partner has failed to show up in time.

- Make sure that your name in the bracket and in the IRC are identical. Otherwise you might get kicked by accident. If that happens, you cannot rejoin the tourney

- Seeding is based on the HYPE! Hall of Fame (see below).

- Each round has a set time limit of 60 minutes for Bo3 and 80 minutes for Bo5. Timer starts once the previous round ends right away. Matches that are played before time runs out but dont finish in time wont count anymore unless a tie occurs otherwise.

- Stage striking: Teams use the 1-2-1 stage striking system to decide which stage to play on. After the first match, the winning team strikes 3 stages from the list above, and the other team can choose which stage to play on. You cannot choose the stage you last won on (Dave´s Stupid Rule).

- Port Priority: Please ensure that Team A has the ports 1 and 4 while Team B has the ports 2 and 3.

- After each match, the winning team has to declare wether or not one of them/both players switch characters. After that, the losing team can switch if they want, but have to state that as well. Ignoring this once results in a stock loss for both players, and a second time costs the match. If this should happen three times, the set is lost. Breaking this rule a fourth time results in a ban for the rest of the Tournament. Breaking his rule carries over through the whole Tourney, so doing it once in Round 1, 2 and 3 each counts as 3 faults in total with the according consequnces.

- If the game lags too much, the game ends with a tie. If the problem keeps occuring, console a TO and he will personally determine the winning team based off the previous replays. (Thats why you should save them.)

- No whining about team colour. You agree on your colours yourself. If someone is partially colourblind or stuff like that, I highly recommend one team to pick blue and/or use of tags to avoid any Johns or salt.
- Regular matches are Bo3, Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are Bo5.

- No excessive stalling. You can play safe/defensive if you are 1vs2 behind, but dont just go camp under the stage for all eternity. Each player is allowed to go under the stage once per stock. If he does that more than once, both Team members lose a stock. If the concerning player is alone, he forfeits two stocks instead. Being send under the stage and going under it in order to survive is not affected by this. Stalling is defined as pruposely avoiding a fight for more than 30 seconds in a row, wether it be running away, planking, abuse of tethers etc. Moving around the stage for better positioning is not considered stalling. If someone stalls, save the replay and hand them a TO.

- If one player uses the moves that kills both him and one opponent, the player who used the move claims the stock/ the win if both were on their last stock.

- Stock sharing allowed.

- Gentleman´s Clause is in affect. Players can skip Stage Striking and play on any stage on the stagelist if all four players agree to it.

- Smashville Clause: Smashville can not be selected via Gentleman´s Clause.

- Most important of all: Have fun! I don´t want people to rage about things, unless they get Wombo Combo´ed or stuff like that.

The HYPE! Royale Hall of Fame:

Every participating team gets points depending on their placement. Points are earned in this pattern:

1st: 15 points

2nd: 12 pts.

3rd: 10 pts.

4th: 9 pts.

5th: 8 pts.

6th: 7 pts.

7th: 6 pts.

8th: 5 pts.

9th: 4 pts.

10th: 3 pts.

11th: 2 pts.

12th: 1 pt.

13th or lower: 0 pts.

If a tournament has less than 12 entrants, the scoreboard is effected accordingly. For example, winning a 7 player tournament earns 6 points in total. I will keep track of every single point earned and put them in the so-called "Hall of Fame". The HoF is nothing else than the place where all results are kept track of. After each HYPE! Royale event besides the first one, the two best teams will duke it out in a so called "HYPE! Battle". However, they will be split an A Rank and an B rank: One partner will be A and the other will be B decided by the teams themselves. HYPE! Battles will be played in A vs. A and B vs. B and consits of a Bo1 set. Additional points can be earned here, so dont miss this! Winning an A-ranked match earns 2 pts. each time, losing results in a 2 pt. loss. Winning a B ranked match however results in a total point win of 1; the same number will be taken from the loser. But thats not everything yet! If a team manages to win both A and B Ranks, they will get a 2 point bonus for the Royale Court Rankings as well, ultimately resulting in better seeding for Turbo Royale and Flash Royale.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Last edited by TSF|Cookies on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:12 pm

slight feedback/criticism:
Draculas should be a neutral and pokemon stadium 3 should be a counterpick, stadium is really bad for certain teams and for example, gives sheik a huge advantage and surprisingly hurts fox a lot in teams. Draculas is actually really good stage design for teams, only real complaint is lag, and it lags less than stadium from my experience

I don't expect this to change anything but you guys seem smart/nice so at least I'll get a good discussion out of this.

Looking forward to this, I'll try to get all my melee friends to try this game for this, teams is awesome

Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:20 pm
BR Member

NoFloatyZone wrote:
slight feedback/criticism:
Draculas should be a neutral and pokemon stadium 3 should be a counterpick, stadium is really bad for certain teams and for example, gives sheik a huge advantage and surprisingly hurts fox a lot in teams. Draculas is actually really good stage design for teams, only real complaint is lag, and it lags less than stadium from my experience

I don't expect this to change anything but you guys seem smart/nice so at least I'll get a good discussion out of this.

Looking forward to this, I'll try to get all my melee friends to try this game for this, teams is awesome

Thats... actually a good idea. Although Ill swap Draculas with DL instead of PS3 to have a bit more variety on the starter list, and Ive never encountered too many problems with PS3. Then again, my teammate doesnt usually play Fox (at least not on PS3), so my knowledge is kinda limited for that part. And just because it hurts one char and buffs another one it shouldnt be an easy CP (unless we talk about Brawl). If it affects the majority of the cast, Im all ears tho.

Im also looking forward to your friends, good new players are always welcome! :) Well, that and that TCS and me need some competition ;)

Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:09 am
BR Member

Sorry to announce this this late, but I will not be able to participate due to some events with higher priority happening. The tourney itself will run as usual.

Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:00 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Cookies wrote:
Sorry to announce this this late, but I will not be able to participate due to some events with higher priority happening. The tourney itself will run as usual.

I'm going to also say that the tourney won't run as I have other commitments.
It will be postponed to next week.

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:08 pm
BR Member

Why is the tourney halfway done without a TO...

Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:18 am

MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Shoot.
Sorry guys, the people were ready and Impatient and I thought you were running late, so I stepped in. :doh: :?
Really, REALLY sorry guys.

HYPE! Royale 4.5 next week? *braces*

Again, *breathes* Very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very, VERY sorry. :(

Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:

Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)

Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:23 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Yoshiblaze wrote:
Shoot.
Sorry guys, the people were ready and Impatient and I thought you were running late, so I stepped in. :doh: :?

Don't sweat it. It was my fault for not postponing it when I could.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:44 pm

MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
Yoshi'sWoolyWorld wrote:
Yoshiblaze wrote:
Shoot.

Don't sweat it. It was my fault for not postponing it when I could.

Alright.
On the bright side, you really didn't miss much at all. tLord did make a pretty good Co-TO tho

Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:

Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)

Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:57 pm
BR Member

Small disclaimer: The rest of the tourney will be done this Saturday at the same time. Make sure to re-enter!

Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:37 am
BR Member

Please note that I won't be able to TO both of these as I'm not free this weekend

Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:11 am
 [ 11 posts ]