The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:37 am

[ 1856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 124  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia XIV [Cowboys vs Cattlerustlers] 

Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts Days, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones, Spiral Knights, Megaman Zero 4
And I can see perfectly that you are using the 'Hitler Built Autobahns'. Basically, this is what it means.
'You did X as scum in the last game I played with you, and you have done it here. Therefore, you are scum.'
And you said:
You're still acting just like you did last game, where you were scum.

You're tied with Ramsey for the first spot.

Scum(S>W)Ramsey & King Arthur, Pathera, 194

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:06 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
Blood wrote:
Terra wrote:
I believe you are mistaken, Blood.

Since when are we supposed to follow certain "rules"(i.e. the bolded part) over how the game progresses? In fact, there is valuable information to be gained just by analyzing voting patterns on Day 1, especially bandwagoning(refer to my previous posts for examples). In fact, Day 1 is actually better for finding newbscum, since, after all, scum have not gotten used to the game yet, and are far more likely to make mistakes.

There is no rule that states that we cannot make accusations Day 1 like how I am doing right now, which is pointing out voting patterns.

You're saying that I'm having suspicions based off how someone voted at the start of Day 1. That is unture. If you look at who I think is scum, I suspected them after the Panthera Random Voting incident, which, at least in my opinion, is not the start of Day 1.

And if you say that my opinion is not true, I direct you to this page: Relativist Fallacy

TL;DR-I'm voting based on voting patterns that I've noticed, which are definitely not random votes.

Firstly, even though the start of day one is not bound by the rule to have only experimental voting it most likely will always end up like that. This is do to the fact that everyone is a suspect and there is no point in making a serious case against someone until later on in the day. Using the start of day one as a chance to find newb scum is possible, but there isn't really a way to distinguish newb scum from newb player. In other words it's a great chance for townies to find inexperience scum, but it's also a great chance for the mafia to take advantage of new/bad players mistakes.

In particular King Arthur is very new to forum mafia (this is his second game with a bit of experience in real life) a mafia could easily take advantage of his inexperience, let's not pretend it didn't happen before.(A spiky green plant comes to mind)

Your suspicions on Ramsey are completely un-founded since not only are we not sure of ramsey's play style but his vote was from the beginning of day one and is most likely random/experimental. In fact any votes that happen before things got serious(which is roughly around pathera's random voting post) shouldn't even be taken seriously.

Your suspicions on 194 aren't very thought out either. 194 is acting very town like. He's not stating the obvious, he's making deductions based off what other say, and he actually seem like he's trying to move the game forward.

The only one of your suspects I'm willing to agree with is pathera because of my reasoning before.

I will be answering your post paragraph by paragraph.

Paragraph 1(Introduction and Day 1 discussion)-I'm just curious: Why is there "no point" in making a case until later in the day? When you see stupid things happen in the RVS, no matter who does it, you take it, and then you work with it. Upon that is the basis of scumhunting.
You also can't assume that newbie players who make scumslips are just completely new to the game. Defending a new player solely on the basis of him being new is a very weak argument, after all.

Paragraph 2(Re: my suspicion of King Arthur)-Your entire defense is solely based on the argument that he is new to forum mafia. This makes it seem like buddying if you do not have a stronger argument.

Paragraph 3(Re: my suspicion of Ramsey)-Panthera's Random Voting Post was on Page 6. Ramsey's post where he voted for JC outta nowhere is on Page 8.

Paragraph 4(Re: my suspicion of 194)-While 194 has certainly been putting out a good amount of information for the town, I didn't really like his exchange with JC over the RVS. He's more town to me now though, thanks for pointing it out.

Paragraph 5(Re: my suspicion of Panthera)-It's good to see that someone agrees with me on this.

Panthera leo wrote:
OK. You may have all misunderstood me. When I said RANDOM lynch votes, I meant just that. Random, baseless, stupid votes that contribute to nothing at all. If I were against voting at all, then that wouldn't make sense because the game pretty much centers around voting. If I was against all voting then we would be stuck at no lynching the entire game. Simply pointless.

And even then, things in the RVS could happen that make things interesting.
For example, in MG Mafia All-Stars, I put a second vote on an inactive player in the hope to spur him into action, but that got me suspected by other people.
It's not completely useless to random vote, especially when you can spot dumbtells here and there.

Preedit:
King Arthur wrote:
JamesClyde wrote:
And now, I think King Arthur is trying to attack Pathera in the hopes that he will not be suspected anymore. Quite a charade, I must say.

You're still acting just like you did last game, where you were scum.

Aha! The meta argument. May I direct you to a logical fallacy known as the "Hitler Buil Autobahns" fallacy.
Your argument against him is solely based on one game where he was scum. For all you know, this could be his town meta, where he plays a very offensive game. That's beside the point though.

Unless you can prove that JC has a significant tendency to be very aggressive only when playing as a mafia member, then you cannot make such an accusation.

I would vote for you, KA, but right now I've got Ramsey's post to analyze.

Prepreedit: Ninja'd by JC.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:08 pm

Oh, I assumed BB was talking about PL's post on page 8 where he quotes a bunch of people randomly voting.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:18 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
Panthera leo wrote:
OK. You may have all misunderstood me. When I said RANDOM lynch votes, I meant just that. Random, baseless, stupid votes that contribute to nothing at all. If I were against voting at all, then that wouldn't make sense because the game pretty much centers around voting. If I was against all voting then we would be stuck at no lynching the entire game. Simply pointless.

That's not what you were saying at all. You said random votes lead to lynches, even though they don't. the RVS starts discussion, as well as the game, and I believe you're said you're against it.

Simply pointless, just like the bolded part of your post. "If I were against voting at all" and "If I was against all voting" is the same thing. This defense is hasty and crude.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:46 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
EBWOP: Saying that random votes lead to random lynches.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:50 pm

Terra wrote:
Blood wrote:
Terra wrote:
I believe you are mistaken, Blood.

Since when are we supposed to follow certain "rules"(i.e. the bolded part) over how the game progresses? In fact, there is valuable information to be gained just by analyzing voting patterns on Day 1, especially bandwagoning(refer to my previous posts for examples). In fact, Day 1 is actually better for finding newbscum, since, after all, scum have not gotten used to the game yet, and are far more likely to make mistakes.

There is no rule that states that we cannot make accusations Day 1 like how I am doing right now, which is pointing out voting patterns.

You're saying that I'm having suspicions based off how someone voted at the start of Day 1. That is unture. If you look at who I think is scum, I suspected them after the Panthera Random Voting incident, which, at least in my opinion, is not the start of Day 1.

And if you say that my opinion is not true, I direct you to this page: Relativist Fallacy

TL;DR-I'm voting based on voting patterns that I've noticed, which are definitely not random votes.

Firstly, even though the start of day one is not bound by the rule to have only experimental voting it most likely will always end up like that. This is do to the fact that everyone is a suspect and there is no point in making a serious case against someone until later on in the day. Using the start of day one as a chance to find newb scum is possible, but there isn't really a way to distinguish newb scum from newb player. In other words it's a great chance for townies to find inexperience scum, but it's also a great chance for the mafia to take advantage of new/bad players mistakes.

In particular King Arthur is very new to forum mafia (this is his second game with a bit of experience in real life) a mafia could easily take advantage of his inexperience, let's not pretend it didn't happen before.(A spiky green plant comes to mind)

Your suspicions on Ramsey are completely un-founded since not only are we not sure of ramsey's play style but his vote was from the beginning of day one and is most likely random/experimental. In fact any votes that happen before things got serious(which is roughly around pathera's random voting post) shouldn't even be taken seriously.

Your suspicions on 194 aren't very thought out either. 194 is acting very town like. He's not stating the obvious, he's making deductions based off what other say, and he actually seem like he's trying to move the game forward.

The only one of your suspects I'm willing to agree with is pathera because of my reasoning before.

I will be answering your post paragraph by paragraph.

Paragraph 1(Introduction and Day 1 discussion)-I'm just curious: Why is there "no point" in making a case until later in the day? When you see stupid things happen in the RVS, no matter who does it, you take it, and then you work with it. Upon that is the basis of scumhunting.
At the start of the game, which is basically immediately after the game begins, you literally have nothing to go off of. Also everyone is just so tempted to goof off that it's simply not effective to make a good case until things get real. Once a certain amount of people actually start playing that's when you can safely begin your case without any annoying factors of goofing off or jokes. You might have taken things seriously after page 6, but I think a better time for taking thing seriously was page 8 after pathera's post
You also can't assume that newbie players who make scumslips are just completely new to the game. Defending a new player solely on the basis of him being new is a very weak argument, after all.
I'm just saying that someone who is clearly new to the game shouldn't be an actual suspect until they mess up multiple times. Sure if it was an experience veteran then I would make them a suspect, but new players should have a little leniency until they really screw up. Trust me looking back on mafias in the past many newbies have gotten lynch solely based off of one or two screw ups.

Paragraph 2(Re: my suspicion of King Arthur)-Your entire defense is solely based on the argument that he is new to forum mafia. This makes it seem like buddying if you do not have a stronger argument.
Like I said a little leniency to avoid the newbie factor.

Paragraph 3(Re: my suspicion of Ramsey)-Panthera's Random Voting Post was on Page 6. Ramsey's post where he voted for JC outta nowhere is on Page 8.
When talking about pathera's random voting post I was referencing page 8. That's when things can actually safely be seen as plausible. Pathera did make a post before, I admit, but it wasn't very relevant until page 8.

Paragraph 4(Re: my suspicion of 194)-While 194 has certainly been putting out a good amount of information for the town, I didn't really like his exchange with JC over the RVS. He's more town to me now though, thanks for pointing it out.
Your welcome.

Paragraph 5(Re: my suspicion of Panthera)-It's good to see that someone agrees with me on this.

Answers in bold.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:33 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
Arthur, do you have any other evidence against JC aside from his meta? What are your reads on everyone else?

AMA

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:35 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Ok, first off. To anyone suspicious of JamesClyde: If you are using meta as your primary argument (which is already silly, but let us ignore that for now), then you should go back and actually read James' posts in Mafia 12. He was lynched at the end of a short Day 1, so that shouldn't take too long. Now, start reading his posts in this game. You should notice a substantial difference. In 12, he makes hilariously nonsensical, baseless accusations. In this game, his arguments have some meat on their bones. Problem is, most people are just disregarding them because they are presented in a similar manner. This makes him an easy scapegoat for the mafias, which is likely why he is attracting votes.

Now, Panthera. Your last post is yet another in a long series that focus solely on self-defense. I have asked you many questions, none of which have been answered. Why is that? Are you stalling for time, hoping that I will forget? You have yet to contribute any positive material, and I feel this is reason enough to Vote: Panthera Leo.

@Ramsey: Next time you post, could you please quote yourself to demonstrate your reasoning for voting JamesClyde? Thanks.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:06 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden Black, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Titanfall 2 MP
Waifu: Makoto Nijima
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
Arthur, do you have any other evidence against JC aside from his meta? What are your reads on everyone else?

No, but considering how you were the reason I thought JC was scum anyways, you should have asked yourself that question..

Now that I do go and re-read some of JC's posts in 12, I do see a vast difference. As for my reads on everybody else, they all seem like town. When it comes to you, I'm not too sure, as of now.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:23 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
So you admit that you just bandwagoned my vote on JC with little evidence. And you suspect me based on my semi-serious vote a very long time ago. My vote was intended to spark discussion, hence the "discuss." at the end of it.

Everyone seems town Arthur? Everyone? I find it hard to believe that's actually what you've come up with this entire game.

AMA

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:38 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Ninja'd by TheOneWhoKnocks, but I think this still applies.

Arthur, the issue at hand is not why TheOneWhoKnocks thought that James was scum. We can address it later, but it doesn't matter right now.

Why did you vote JamesClyde? What were your reasons? If you can't answer that, we have a problem.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:45 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
Ramsey wrote:
Sure, forget that my leaving had a completely valid excuse lol.

Im on my tablet right now, so i cant make a very long post. I still think JamesClyde is scummy, im not sure on everyone else. I dont really feel panthera is scum, i think everyone is really trying too hard to make something from peoples D1 actions, however that doesnt mean i believe hes town. I really just dont know what to think.

Terra if you were genuinely insulted i think you should grow a pair lol.

Also please do bear in mind that this is my first forum mafia, ive played chat mafia before though. I didnt realize that user sensitivity was so high or expect my posts to be 200% analyzed and then analyzed again haha. I'll try to be more careful with how i word things so i dont give off the wrong implications like i somehow seem to be doing.

Yeah, please quote and analyze a post where JC is scummy.
I would like for you to explain why Panthera is null to you. All you're saying right now is "people are too serious".

Well, now you know that people do analyze posts. In fact, you sound over-defensive and over-careful in that bolded part.

King Arthur wrote:
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:

No, but considering how you were the reason I thought JC was scum anyways, you should have asked yourself that question..

Now that I do go and re-read some of JC's posts in 12, I do see a vast difference. As for my reads on everybody else, they all seem like town. When it comes to you, I'm not too sure, as of now.

Everyone seems town lul.

In all honesty, this post just sounds like he wants to escape trouble by agreeing with a person that seems town.

I shall answer, bit by bit, Blood's argument.

Blood wrote:
At the start of the game, which is basically immediately after the game begins, you literally have nothing to go off of. Also everyone is just so tempted to goof off that it's simply not effective to make a good case until things get real. Once a certain amount of people actually start playing that's when you can safely begin your case without any annoying factors of goofing off or jokes. You might have taken things seriously after page 6, but I think a better time for taking thing seriously was page 8 after pathera's post

I can assure you that after page 6 people started taking things seriously and actually making accusations against people.
I believe that you are talking about the Ramsey post when you mention jokes. I assure you, it was not a joke. Compare that post to his RVS post against Lightning and you'll know what I mean.

Blood wrote:
I'm just saying that someone who is clearly new to the game shouldn't be an actual suspect until they mess up multiple times. Sure if it was an experience veteran then I would make them a suspect, but new players should have a little leniency until they really screw up. Trust me looking back on mafias in the past many newbies have gotten lynch solely based off of one or two screw ups.

Many newbies who have been town or mafia. Not all newbies who make mistakes are dumbtown, you know. Regardless, you have to notice these things.

Blood wrote:
When talking about pathera's random voting post I was referencing page 8. That's when things can actually safely be seen as plausible. Pathera did make a post before, I admit, but it wasn't very relevant until page 8.

I reference page 6 and Panthera's horrible post regarding how we should stop random voting. Things became serious from there, as 194 and JC immediately jumped on Panthera and attacked him. Pretty relevant if you ask me.

Reads:
Town(S>W): Brikmaninoff(very clear scumhunting, good logic), JamesClyde(strong logic, very pressing arguments), Blood(very clear intent), TheOneWhoKnocks(obvious).
Null(Town>Scum): Felipe(one good post but nothing else so far), 194(Blood made me see what he's down), kyuubit(some good posting though needs to analyze more), Lightning, Dephius, Cactus, Thomas, Bonsai(tbh quite useless so far), Shoop(lol no scumhunting).
Scum(S>W): Ramsey, King Arthur, Panthera.

Feel free to lynch anyone from Bonsai onwards. If you need more reasoning/explanation for anyone of my reads, feel free to ask and I will quotestripe till forever.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:15 pm

Currently Playing: Force of Will, League of Legends, Yu-Gi-Oh!
kyuubit wrote:
Mr. Shoop wrote:
TheOneWhoKnocks wrote:
There is ABSOLUTELY a point in scumhunting Day 1! You know, to find scum. How could you say there's no point in finding scum, unless you are one.

There's a point in fishing with your bare hands, but it's not efficient or effective. To do something well, you usually need materials. We have a fair amount of people in this, so I think we should wait at least a day. Scumhunting DOES have a point, but it's risky Day 1.

So, if you don’t want us to be scumhunting on Day 1, what exactly do you want us to be doing?

Random lynch? Wait and hope somebody comes out with some info from Night 0? Nothing at all?

I personally don't want a lynch at all. Day 1 lynching is risky and will likely end in a townie lynch is what I've discovered while playing mafia on Skype. Judging on the amount of analyzing you guys put into each post, it might me different for forum mafia.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:19 pm

Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts Days, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones, Spiral Knights, Megaman Zero 4
You're still avoiding the question. If you don't want us to be scumhunting on Day 1, what exactly DO you want us to be doing?

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:22 pm

Currently Playing: Force of Will, League of Legends, Yu-Gi-Oh!
JamesClyde wrote:
You're still avoiding the question. If you don't want us to be scumhunting on Day 1, what exactly DO you want us to be doing?

I did answer that.

Mr.Shoop wrote:
I personally don't want a lynch at all.

I said I wanted a No Lynch.

Terra wrote:
Shoop(lol no scumhunting)

Don't make me run around yelling "#YOLO" man. I'll do it.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 pm
 [ 1856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 124  Next