The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:12 am

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
SSF2 "Adventure Mode" Speculation 

MGN Username: Sonybubblemint
Currently Playing: Sff2, Kingdom Hearts 2, Zelda Twilight Princess and Devil May Cry 3
A while back the devs mentioned something about a story mode called flash of shadows, I don't think this will come out until after far after 1.0 but we can still speculate story-line, mechanics or bosses while we are waiting for it. Let me start, I speculate that the name will change :P

Training: Kirby

Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:10 pm

MGN Username: ProLuigi
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 Demo v0.9b, Pokemon Moon
The name Flash of Shadows doesn't exist anymore.

Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:40 pm

Currently Playing: Sff2, Kingdom Hearts 2, Zelda Twilight Princess and Devil May Cry 3
OKay well I guess I wasn't informed well enough, but a new name is something to speculate though now isn't it?

Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:32 am

I hope it has a good name.

Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:07 pm

I am pretty sure that "flash" will be involved in the name somehow. I think that the adventure mode would be a great way to make unlockable characters, take toon link from brawl as an example. You obtained him by finding a secret door in a forest world in adventure mode, you then had to defeat him to unlock him. SSF2 need's unlockables, it gives you something to accomplish, I think an adventure mode would play a HUGE part in unlockables.

Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:42 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
Sonybubblemint wrote:
I am pretty sure that "flash" will be involved in the name somehow. I think that the adventure mode would be a great way to make unlockable characters, take toon link from brawl as an example. You obtained him by finding a secret door in a forest world in adventure mode, you then had to defeat him to unlock him. SSF2 need's unlockables, it gives you something to accomplish, I think an adventure mode would play a HUGE part in unlockables.

I'm pretty sure Devs want unlockables to be unlocked in the traditional way. I loved Brawl, but I seriously hated the fact that secret characters were unlocked automatically after they join your team. I honestly don't want the same to happen with Smash Flash 2.
Altough, I still think both a Melee styled Adventure Mode (with a twist, of course) AND a story mode could be nice too. As long as they don't make ridiculous "hip" and "rad" OCs in the story.

Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:14 pm

Shiver-Star wrote:
Sonybubblemint wrote:

I'm pretty sure Devs want unlockables to be unlocked in the traditional way. I loved Brawl, but I seriously hated the fact that secret characters were unlocked automatically after they join your team. I honestly don't want the same to happen with Smash Flash 2.
Altough, I still think both a Melee styled Adventure Mode (with a twist, of course) AND a story mode could be nice too. As long as they don't make ridiculous "hip" and "rad" OCs in the story.

I know this feature has been in demos that had unlockable characters and the official smash games.
I hope they have that option to just complete a vs match upon failing to unlock a character instead of restarting the actual characters unlock criteria.

Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:51 pm

In subspace emissary, you had a "team" of characters. If one dies you got the next person in the team you have selected. I kinda, doubt it would be the same in ssf2's story mode, or at least I hope it doesn't I thought that was a weird setup.

One thing I was wondering was, what if the adventure mode was online? Kinda like an MMO. Maybe you could level up a character of yours kinda like an adventure mode amiibo. Maybe you could co-op through levels( parties of four), or duel to see who actually wins the level, unless of course one of the people dies anyway. I would love to see something like this, only if you could turn off online of course, doing it solo was pretty fun (in brawl).

Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:33 am

Sonybubblemint wrote:
In subspace emissary, you had a "team" of characters. If one dies you got the next person in the team you have selected. I kinda, doubt it would be the same in ssf2's story mode, or at least I hope it doesn't I thought that was a weird setup.

I honestly liked this feature, I think it worked well because it was similar to Tag Team Battles in modern fighting games such as the vs. Capcom series or Skullgirls.
Sonybubblemint wrote:
One thing I was wondering was, what if the adventure mode was online? Kinda like an MMO. Maybe you could level up a character of yours kinda like an adventure mode amiibo. Maybe you could co-op through levels( parties of four), or duel to see who actually wins the level, unless of course one of the people dies anyway. I would love to see something like this, only if you could turn off online of course, doing it solo was pretty fun (in brawl).

We already have problems with massive lag in Online Mode, and turning it into a MMO would just make things worse.
Even if you could turn off the Online mode, I still think it's a bad idea.

Last edited by Kirb-Star on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:10 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Shiver-Star wrote:
I honestly liked this feature, I think it worked well because it was similar to Tag Team Battles in modern fighting games such as Street Fighter IV or Skullgirls.

I think you mean Marvel vs Capcom or Tatsunoko vs Capcom pal lmao

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:09 pm

Steven wrote:
Shiver-Star wrote:
I honestly liked this feature, I think it worked well because it was similar to Tag Team Battles in modern fighting games such as Street Fighter IV or Skullgirls.

I think you mean Marvel vs Capcom or Tatsunoko vs Capcom pal lmao

I meant Tatsunoko vs Capcom, gonna edit that right now lol

Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:26 pm

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
Adventure Mode will probably have some unlockable fighters like Luigi, Luffy, & Shadow. Although, I think they are not doing the Flash of Shadows storyline anymore.

Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:22 pm

Goku2500 wrote:
Adventure Mode will probably have some unlockable fighters like Luigi, Luffy, & Shadow. Although, I think they are not doing the Flash of Shadows storyline anymore.

Of course they aren't gonna use it, specially because of the Roster change,
As I stated, chracters should NOT be unlocked via Story Mode, it was way too easy and not as rewarding as the traditional method.
Of course, the story should feature unlockable character except with a twist:
-Unnlockable characters in your team won't become available until you unllock them via traditional methods (Multi-Man, Classic Mode, etc)

Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:29 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Why not just make both ways possible? So you can unlock them regular or just via story. Brawl did it as well, so why not?

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:54 pm

Well just because getting it from story mode isn't HARD. Doing something like reach 1,000,000 in home run contest or stuff like that is HARD(bad example, that was off the top of my head.) I think that characters should only be unlockable in story mode would be in some super HARD SECRET boss. And that should only go for maybe 2 or 3 characters. Honestly Shiver star has a point, the sense of accomplishment is TOP priority. So any unlockable characters should be HARD to get, which means traditionally. Unless you have a REALLY HARD SECRET BOSS. That MIGHT work, but only for some characters.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:56 am
 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next