The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:30 pm

[ 9 posts ] 
Best. Movie. Ever. 
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: FFXIV
Waifu: you get ONE guess
Reservoir Dogs.

It portrays what happened before and after a botched jewel heist, but not the heist itself.

Probably my favourite movie of all time, but Im not allowed to watch it for massive amounts of profanity and blood/gore So I used the internet :wee:

COPYPASTA TIME

*SPOILERSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS*
Characters:
* Harvey Keitel as Mr. White: a professional criminal and thief. His real name is revealed to be Lawrence Dimmick. Mr. White is portrayed in the movie as a criminal who doesn't hesitate to kill but is still human enough to care about innocent bystanders, as is evident by his line, "The choice between doing ten years and killing some stupid f*** ain't no choice at all, but I ain't no madman either." He blindly believes in Mr. Orange and takes a bullet for him in the final Mexican standoff. After Mr. Orange reveals his true identity, Mr. White shoots him and is shot by the police, right before the end credits roll.

* Tim Roth as Mr. Orange: an undercover police officer, his real name is revealed to be Freddy Newandyke. A flashback sequence reveals the story of how he went undercover, including the fake "commode story" he told the robbers to gain status and trust. He is shot in the abdomen by a woman trying to defend herself and spends most of the film bleeding on the warehouse floor. He takes a second bullet during the Mexican standoff and is shot dead by Mr. White after he reveals to him that he is a police officer.

* Michael Madsen as Mr. Blonde: also known as Vic Vega or Toothpick Vic. He is a sadistic psychopathic criminal who indiscriminately shot several civilians during the robbery. He also gleefully tortures a policeman for his own pleasure—slashing the young officer's face, cutting off his ear and dousing him with gasoline—only to be stopped from burning him alive by Mr. Orange, who kills him first. He is also the brother of Vincent Vega from Quentin Tarantino's second film Pulp Fiction.

* Chris Penn as "Nice Guy" Eddie Cabot: the son of Joe Cabot. Eddie does not take part in the heist; he is also the only one who does not believe the heist was a setup. He shoots Mr. White in the Mexican standoff and Mr. White in turn shoots and kills Eddie.

* Steve Buscemi as Mr. Pink: the only major character whose real name is never revealed, also the only major character to survive, although his real fate is never given. Mr. Pink often reminds the other robbers to be "professionals" and is the only person present to stay out of the Mexican standoff. Off-camera it is suggested he is arrested by the police arriving outside to apprehend the gangsters in the warehouse. Mr. Pink is notable for his anti-tipping monologue from the beginning of the film. Incidentally, in Tarantino's next film, Pulp Fiction, Buscemi had a cameo as a waiter.

* Quentin Tarantino as Mr. Brown: Tarantino plays a small role as he often does in his films; Mr. Brown's real name is also not revealed. He had the opening lines of the film in Mr. Brown's insight that "Like a Virgin" is a "metaphor for big dicks". He is shot in the head by the police after the heist. Even after sustaining the massive brain injury, causing him to lose his sight, he succeeds in helping Mr.White and Mr.Orange get away by being the getaway driver. He dies from his gun injuries in the driver seat soon after.

* Lawrence Tierney as Joe Cabot: the mastermind of the heist and father of "Nice Guy" Eddie Cabot, Joe is killed by Mr. White during the final standoff.

* Edward Bunker as Mr. Blue: a small role played by ex-criminal Eddie Bunker. Despite not having much screen time, he is often referenced by the other characters since nobody saw what happened to him after the heist. Near the end of the film, Joe reveals that Mr. Blue was killed by the police.

If you refuse to read the wall of text:
Mr. White
Mr. Orange
Mr. Blonde
"Nice Guy" Eddie Cabot
Mr. Pink
Mr. Brown
Joe Cabot
Mr. Blue.

My biggest post also.

Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:36 pm

It was a really good movie, but there's one thing that bugged me. They never showed how the heist happened. I wanted to see how everything got screwed up.

Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:54 pm
YIM WWW

I f*** loved this movie, but I was left with several questions at the end. :/

Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:59 pm
Site Admin

I watched it a long time ago but I can't remember much about it :-_-:

Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:15 pm
Site Moderator

Ray fletcher wrote:

SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER
Most of them die.
Mr.Pink runs away, but you dont know what happens to him.
He is either arrested or killed.

Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:11 pm

Carmine wrote:
Ray fletcher wrote:

SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER
Most of them die.
Mr.Pink runs away, but you dont know what happens to him.
He is either arrested or killed.
I think he died, because everyone else did. :wee:

Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:27 am
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

:wee:
Nice logic ya got ther

Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:31 am

He clearly lived.

I mean, seriously, SOMEONE had to live....

Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:59 pm
Site Moderator

Belthazar666 wrote:
He clearly lived.

I mean, seriously, SOMEONE had to live....

Well, in the game, he could either die,get arrested, or actually get away (without the diamonds though).

But it's up to the viewer to decide what happened.

Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:57 am
 [ 9 posts ]