The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:27 am

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Not wanting only Brass spiked Knuckles, Carter quickly grabbed two daggers, better to be armed and use the knuckles as a last resort, and plus, it wouldn't be hard to keep track of these weapons, right? He then followed the rest of the students, going int othe building. he tapped John on the shoulder. "Hey, buddy, how's it been?"

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:15 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
"Hey Carter. First mission, huh? Let's make it a good one."

Johnathan, not taking any chances, quickly draws Arx on himself. Moving closer towards the door that must have been shut by a ghost, he looks back at the group. He felt a mixture of emotions. Sure this was exciting and all, but who knows what kind of powers these ghosts have. "So, anyone want to split up and look somewhere else or are all of us going in there," He motioned at the door, "as a practice run?" He asked, gripping the door knob.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Carter, deciding to try to ease up the crowd decided to be playful. He looked at John and said, WE SHALL FIGHT AS A TEAM!" He waved his daggers in the air telling him to open the door.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Logan shook his head with a chuckle. He had to admire the freshman's enthusiasm, but his plan was flawed.
"I dunnae think that's a good idea." He interjected. "There are so many of us, we'd just get in each others' way if we all tried to take one floor."
He thought for a moment, considering what Adi had told him at last week's meeting.
"I think we should split into four groups and each take a floor." He turned to Alice, waiting for her response. Seeing as how she held seniority of those present, she clearly held the most authority. He just hoped she wouldn't go off on him for no reason again.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:07 pm

Putting his dagger flat on his chin, almost in a thinking pose, Carter said, "I like your idea. I say we should split! I think we should each have 2 groups to a room, once we finish 2 floors, we all re-group and we go again on the other floors. Good?"

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:12 pm
Site Admin

Evelyn was mildly surprised that they were taught magic, it was something that her sisters had never mentioned. It made sense though, for they could not go walking around with medieval weaponry in plain site, on kids no less. Her family has never been one to employ the use of magic liberally, as both bloodlines descended from the church, there was a stigma on its use, further provided that family legend stated that one of her ancestral uncles succumbed to the darkness of magic. She would take Miss Rachel's warning to heart and simply stick to her own abilities, why need more?

Upon arriving at the apartment, Evelyn could clearly feel the spectral presence of various ghosts. A surprisingly large amount actually, thankfully she couldn't sense anything inherently evil, but something odd was going on in the building to attract all those ghosts. Miss Rachel took the stairs to the thirteenth floor which she said she would handle alone, while the rest of the club was to do a sweep on floors nine to twelve.

As soon as they reached the ninth floor, one of the doors slammed shut. However before the investigation could continue, the question rose as to how they should accomplish their task.

"Well, if we were to split" began Evelyn reasonably "There are four floors that need to be swept and four senior students to supervise, each senior could take one or two of us and we could accomplish it that way. That is, should we decide to split up"

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:10 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
For his part, Adi did not use the magic as instructed, his accessories easily masqueraded and concealed with a well untucked s***. Shortly they departed for the location. Four floors were assigned to the students as Doctor Dawn claimed the most dangerous assignment. That effectively meant that they were left alone with no one save themselves to rely on. It was the juniors who started talking first, deciding on a course of action for the whole of the team. Adi wasn't surprised they wanted to split up. It was the most efficient way of combing through the apartments. However it was also the most dangerous, especially given some of the more uncooperative elements.

"I cannot advise that course of action juniors. Separating will weaken us, given the the lack of power or experience, and I have no wish to clear a floor alone."

In this situation he did not consider the juniors as being able to contribute significantly or at all. They were untried and untested.

"It is my opinion that juniors St. Augustine, Douglas and Gram act as a vanguard element to scout forward with a main component with the rest us forming a staggered column on either side of the hallway whilst Li and myself can handle the rearguard. Though slower to advance, we would be considerable safer due to being able to quickly reinforce and bring our powers to bear in one place. This is but my opinion however and I will respect whatever senior Pearson decides on."

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:53 pm
Site Moderator

Maximilian felt the urge to laugh profusely at the upperclassmen named Adi, though he did well to keep himself entirely composed. His tactic, if it could even be called that, was so terribly flawed that it took him by such great surprise that anyone could think it a good idea. Whether Adi was aware of it or not he was essentially mimicking mixed infantry tactics, an idea entirely created for open field combat. In close quarters his plan would amount to zero productivity and mass confusion under the correct circumstances which could be easily achieved seeing as how much of the group was more than likely untested and untrained in something as complicated as battle formations. Never the less Maximilian decided to respect whatever backwards social hierarchy the school established and only spoke up to voice a small amount of input on the subject.

"Why, you're quite the calculating one aren't you?" His words carried a tone of forced admiration as he continued on. "However did you come up with such a wonderful idea?"

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:45 am

Adi flinched, if only because the new one spoke as if he knew better and he probably did. However, he saw no need to defend his idea since he had another purpose to proposing it, but he couldn't just not reply.

"Your input would be valued as well junior Veres," he replied quite stiffly, "Please, do suggest how an alternative to my 'wonderful idea' if you are to speak."

Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:09 am
Site Moderator

Maximilian let out an innocent smile as he shook his head. "Forgive me then, it was wrong of me to speak out of turn. I have no alternative to your plan, you'll have to excuse me if I came off implying otherwise. I just thought I'd commend you on your ability to think on your feet." Maximilian did well to try and hide the intentions behind his words. To him it was obvious which mechanics would best suit their numbers but he was much more interested in watching the group's structure of command work itself out. He craved to see the ideas of the underclassmen break way and topple the established and more traditional kratocracy the upperclassmen had established. So for now Maximilian would withhold himself from speaking his mind and would keep to 'mindless following.' Though subconsciously his eyes continued to wander to Evelyn waiting for he to speak, she seemed the most prideful and self willed out of all those who spoke. Perhaps even calling her haughty would be correct, but it was far too soon to use such a strong word.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:50 pm

Waifu: I'm married
This was going to be a long year. If the new kid's mouthiness were to become a habit, she might take Basil up on his offer.
"When hunting spirits, spreading the group apart too much is one of the worst things you can do," she said. "Especially without a way to communicate. Many varieties of spirits are smart enough to band together and overwhelm individual groups. However we should also refrain from bunching ourselves closely together. If we tried to move everyone through a crowded hallway, something like a well-fed succubus could tear us apart before we even had time to react. There aren't really any perfect ways to clear buildings of spirits."

She turned towards the apartment. "I don't expect much trouble from our first assignment, but I'd like to see how you all perform. Moving through the floor in two groups would probably be the best for now. The first will consist of Li, Logan, and myself, and the second will be Basil, Carter, Johnathan, Adi, and Evelyn. The groups should stay a few yards apart." Being overwhelmed was the biggest threat to newcomers. With this they could avoid getting swamped with minimum confusion.
With a stern look she addressed Maximilian. "You're with me. I would much prefer to be on friendly terms, but keep in mind that I expect your full cooperation regardless of whether or not you like the decisions being made."

With the issue of how to enter the door solved, they could finally begin. She waited for the others to organize themselves into the groups before heading towards the building.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:33 pm
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

Alice was quite imperious however Maximilian retained no entitlement to protest any of her orders. He had just affirmed himself to follow any and all imperatives for the sake of sport.
"But of course, I have no quandary over simply adhering to orders. As I said before, please forgive me if acted in such a way that would lead you to think otherwise." He continued to smirk as he joined his would be group.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:02 pm
Site Admin

Evelyn eyed the boy Maximilian curiously as he spoke, and nearly smiled as she recognized the training in such emotional restraint that she too had been brought up in. She herself had to withhold her sentiments as she was placed into a group with Basil, Carter and Johnathan. The slacking miscreant, and the greens. Thankfully, at the very least their group had Adi whom she knew would eventually end up carrying most of the weight.

She floated to his side, and nodded one "Very well," she stated smoothly "Shall we begin?" Once again, she knew that her patience was to be tried as she was forced to work with the incompetent. At the least it meant that she would be given an ample opportunity to use her abilities.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:33 pm

So much for trying to get the juniors out of his way but orders were orders. At least St. Augustine was slightly competent. To counter balance that there were juniors Gram and Rickheight and senior Petran. The two juniors seemed familiar with each other so that eliminated a little bit of concern but Basil was Basil. They formed up slightly by him with out his notice. Adi was too busy running potential scenarios in his head until he caught St. Augustine's question.

"Shall we begin?"

"Alright form up behind me and try not to lose sight of each other."

His mind wasn't much on the team, he had become sufficiently self-reliant in combat that at worst he needed a partner, so he turned it back towards the mission. Size, blade angle, width and grip, were the next things he thought of as the karambit coalesced in his right hand. Senses working at their height he walked through the corridor coming to a stop on the first room's door. It was slightly ajar as he nudged it slowly open with his free hand without actually stepping in to the door way. Nothing came springing out so far so that was a good sign. He was about to beckon for St. Augustine but then, thought better of it as he reached out to the other side, the one that detected evil.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:45 am

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Johnathan stood silently as the rest of the group decided how to proceed. His face gave no expression with each passing suggestion. Eventually, one was decided, and he was put in another, smaller group. Keeping his static facial expression, he walks over to the already forming group.

"Alright form up behind me and try not to lose sight of each other." He heard as soon as he walked over. Still feeling Arx's protection, he nods. He walked cautiously, looking in every direction. As they were walking, he thinks over his group. Basil looked like he was going to just watch over the group and see how well they perform. Himself and Carter were new and generally didn't have much experience with ghosts. It seemed mostly Evelyn, whom Johnathan heard had pretty good bloodlines and seemed to have experience, and Adi were going to be the superstars of this group on this mission. Suddenly Adi stopped at what must have been a door. Nothing popped out at the group, to Johnathan's surprise. he fought the urge to push Adi aside and barge in. Instead, preparing himself, he leans against a wall and waits to see what was going to happen. "Ad amar." he says barely above a whisper. He then felt both of his Billhooks resting in his hands. Johnathan then wondered what else he was capable of. If he could do this, who knows what he else he can do.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:58 pm
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 98  Next