The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:18 am

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
1.0.3 is here!!! 

MGN Username: RavinRaven
Currently Playing: SSF2, The Game of Love
Waifu: Luna (Gwain Saga)
That's right ladies and gentlemen, 1.0.3 just dropped! Let's talk about all the cool stuff we like about it thus far.
The first thing I noticed was that Yoshi got resprited, which of course I knew about from SmashCon. I can't say I prefer his new animations or skins, but they at least look new, and they definately look more smooth and HD, but I just think that it makes Yoshi look... uglier? He doesn't look as cute to me at least.
Then I noticed that Pichu wasn't in the roster yet. Is he really not ready yet, or is he an unlockable character? OwO
I played a few rounds on Palutena's shrine (which looks totally awesome), and I found that there isn't a stage hazard yet, and it's super big with a main stage with 4 platforms on all 4 sides of it. I discovered a tech where if you Utilt with :link: (and maybe others like :mario: , :fox: , :gameandwatch: , etc.) on the bottom platform, you can put your opponent in an infinite assuming they don't tech. Not looking good for tournament legality. I really appreciated the statue of Palutena, it looks super nice.
So anyway, that's all I have to say about 1.0.3 for now, I tried looking at the changelog, but it's pretty hard to interpret. I just hope they buffed Yoshi and Kirby a significant amount, and likewise nerfed Samus, DK, Isaac, and Luffy.

I have a snapshot and replay, both of palutena's temple, here for you guys.

Attachments:
Exploring Palutena's Shrine.zip [2.49 KiB]
Downloaded 43 times
Palutena's Shrine.png
Palutena's Shrine.png [ 80.99 KiB | Viewed 2312 times ]

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:23 pm

MGN Username: -CJ-
Currently Playing: Risk of Rain, Toribash, and of course SSF2
Waifu: Sandwiches
If you can't tech without lag you deserve to be put in an infinite. :chibirobo: :pikachu:

------------------------------------------------------- :falco:

To all you Luigi mains (and others), come on over to Luigi's Mansion! The FA official Luigi discord: https://discord.gg/3hp8e9a

The Filthy Casuals crew discord: https://discord.gg/dVxVham
^A crew all about improvement and growth, I host tournaments at least once a month in this server^.

Speaking of tournaments! ->: https://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtop ... 29&t=46713

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:48 pm

-CJ- wrote:
If you can't tech without lag you deserve to be put in an infinite.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:19 pm

MGN Username: IMainPichu
Waifu: Villie
Ravin_Raven wrote:
...and likewise nerfed Samus, DK, Isaac, and Luffy.

Ravin_Raven wrote:
Luffy.

He's bad already why do you want him to be even worse :luffy:
He didn't get buffed though. Luffy,along with Sandbag got 0 buffs.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:44 am

MGN Username: Vega
Currently Playing: The Beta
In the process of making Lloyd's infinite jab escapable...they gave it too much BKB so you can just easily get knocked out of it.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:25 pm

what the hell were the balancers thinking when they wanted Ichigo's Dash attack to kill? Why did they want to just buff link? Why didn't they want to give Luffy OR Sandbag any changes. Do... Do they even have a remotely good reason or any competitive knowledge? Did Captain Falcon (The most balanced character) even need buffs, especially his Forward-Air which was alright stupidly good already? Whats going on with Bomberman not having bombs for hitboxes, what was the reason behind this? Like yea they balanced Yoshi, DK, and Bdee pretty okay but 80% of the changes given really lack any reason. What was the point in catching items not buffering an attack, that along pretty much indirectly nerfed pac-man so hard that even with the buffs he got he still got more nerfs than buffs because of that. I seriously need the balancers to clarify some of these weird changes, ESPECIALLY Ichigo lmao.

Also theres these weird Kirby glitches and there were just some weird stuff/glitches that could of been revisioned. I felt like Mcleodgaming should of hired a top/high level player as a balancer to keep everything in check or so since the only mcleodgaming staff member that has SOME competitive knowledge is PragmaticFright (Pyroclastic) who is probably a mid level player.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:53 am

MGN Username: Skewy
Currently Playing: No lag
playridise wrote:
google goggle

Who is this guy speaking as if his noob perspective is law?

Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:23 am

MGN Username: SheriffSteelFlex
Currently Playing: SSB3DS
lol chill playridise, there were reasons m8. The devs aren't obligated to give them, either, because that would be basically the changelog but several times longer. It's fair to assume they wanted to make bad characters better and kickass characters a little closer to the rest of the cast. Also, grabbing items and attacking at the same time was a pain in the butt. People play with items and stuff, too, and now item play is much easier. Perfectly fair imo. Also, it's completely redundant to say they should fix the Kirby glitches... I mean, duh. They weren't intentional. [EDIT: Ninja'd]

In other news, Kirby has Falco's sm4sh bair, but bigger. All hail.

3ds FC: 0190-2959-0577
Cloud is not 3rd 2nd okey

30xx wrote:
I'm not reading all that but it looks like you have a severe case of nerd

Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:32 am

Riddul wrote:
lol chill playridise, there were reasons m8. The devs aren't obligated to give them, either, because that would be basically the changelog but several times longer. It's fair to assume they wanted to make bad characters better and kickass characters a little closer to the rest of the cast. Also, grabbing items and attacking at the same time was a pain in the butt. People play with items and stuff, too, and now item play is much easier. Perfectly fair imo. Also, it's completely redundant to say they should fix the Kirby glitches... I mean, duh. They weren't intentional. [EDIT: Ninja'd]

In other news, Kirby has Falco's sm4sh bair, but bigger. All hail.

But McLeodGaming only truly nerfed Samus and Goku and Fox mostly (And maybe Isaac). They buffed or gave little to no changes to pretty much most other high/top tiers ESPECIALLY ichigo who pretty much got a buff to his best move, Dash Attack. Dash Attack is near lagless, its safe on shield, has ridiculous range, can allow Ichigo to move quite fluently, has invincibility frames, and more yet they now want it to be a kill move. The item change honestly didn't require the opponent to want to cancel their attacks whenever they are close to an item, it feels clunky and quite awkward along with it being a big nerf to specific item-based characters like pac-man or maybe peach which both aren't very viable characters. But I'd say most of the kirby glitches could of been fixed with a little more testing tbh. And McLeodGaming rarely fixed any of the low tiers outside of Kirby/Yoshi/Bdee (Though Bdee is mid-low) as most low tiers (Especially Sandbag and Luffy) received the short end of the stick. I probably felt like they could of used a high/top level player to help with the balancing. I felt like the balancing was more of "Lets make this change because why not" with the exception of certain characters (Like Bdee and Yoshi or Kirby) instead of analyzing a specific flaw of a move or a specific character flaw and finding ways to make the character feel the same but also good and balanced. For Example, Bomberman's ability to play hit and run was great because of the bomb hitboxes when thrown, but even with buffs the bomb hitbox removal lacked justification outside of "why not". Bomberman's bombs probably would not have been that abusable either with the change and it changes Bomberman as a character.

riplip68 wrote:
playridise wrote:
google goggle

Who is this guy speaking as if his noob perspective is law?

Its not law its constructive criticism, I'm just concerned for the balancing approaches. I just need the developers to elaborate on their changes more or to have a deeper meaning behind certain character changes that are questionable, thats why I think having a high/top level player hired for character balancing is a good idea. And what makes my perspective "noob"?

Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:48 am

n**** mad about ichigo but we had goku and fox broken like this for 3 versions.

yall make me laugh i swear

Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:40 pm

MGN Username: [BANNED]
Currently Playing: SSF2TAS
Kirby is back. I'm satisfied.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:59 am

MacThe6God wrote:

We were ALL mad about that s***. Ichigo getting buffs is just as bad as they made a broken move even more broken and overall gave Ichigo some stupid s***.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:49 am

playridise wrote:
MacThe6God wrote:

We were ALL mad about that s***. Ichigo getting buffs is just as bad as they made a broken move even more broken and overall gave Ichigo some stupid s***.

yall wasnt "all mad" bout goku or fox

ichigo gets 1 thing, and he has to be nerfed

but fox and goku both were never advocated to be nerfed like yall are advocating to nerf ichigo

i dont wanna hear that s***

deal with it till .4

sorry to say.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:13 pm

MacThe6God wrote:
playridise wrote:
MacThe6God wrote:

but fox and goku both were never advocated to be nerfed like yall are advocating to nerf ichigo

deal with it till .4

sorry to say.

Everyone wanted fox and goku nerfed, literally everyone including quite a few fox/goku mains wanted him nerfed to hell. Both characters got the nerfs they deserved as it removes their overpowered features. Ichigos buffs would of been less controversial if it was just stuff like his neutral-b changes or buffs to certain less overpowered attacks although people will still desire for Ichigo to get nerfed. But Ichigo got a buff to his best move that arguably made him so good, Dash Attack. Dash attack is stupidly safe, has a lot of range, goes far, lots of priority, safe on shield, has invincibility frames, and is easily spammable. Then instead of nerfing it, they just gave the move nothing but buffs for NO reason, dash attack not getting nerfed isn't the problem, its the fact that they wanted to buff it more so it now kills and is even more stupid for a character thats already good. You seem to not be worried about Ichigo since thats your main as you are gaining benefits from Ichigo's buffs, so of course someone like you would go to someone and say "deal with it" when in reality its an ignorant response.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:25 pm

MacThe6God wrote:
playridise wrote:
MacThe6God wrote:

deal with it till .4

sorry to say.

You don't have the right to complain about our complaints until you start playing again. Sorry bud.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:59 pm
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next