The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:05 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 10 posts ] 
Can we discuss 16+/18+ games? 
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
A question moreso then a suggestion and or problem, but is there a final awnser regarding whenever we can or can not discuss games that have higher PEGI rating then your standard Newer Super Mario Bros.

I was wondering because I'm interesting in making a topic for and discussing Telltale's latest graphical point-and-click adventure game 'The Wolf Among Us'. The game however, is rated 18+ and features graphical violence, references to drugs and tabacco as well as partial nudity. The only thing the rules state regarding the subject is

Rules wrote:
6.) No posts with inappropriate material. (Anything that can't be said or seen on basic American cable can't be said or seen here!)

This is rather vague. The way I interpret this is that you're not allowed to post screenshots showing particulary 'spicy' scenes (because you're not allowed to post things that can't be seen on basic 'American' cable), but you can discuss it (especially consider that within the Wolf Among Us these scenes are increddibly scarse as the main focus is puzzle solving), and by 'it' I mean the game as a whole and not specifically the scenes that up the pegi rating. The main parts of the game (quick time events and point-and-click) are not inappropriate at all.

Obviously I'm not asking if we can discuss games that contain offensive material such as rape and sexual s**** or anything of the sort, but is there a way where we can still discuss games like The Wolf Among Us without getting in trouble with our younger forum-goers? Maybe even a specific sub-section in the future (although it's very easy to fake your age on the internet anyway)?

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:24 pm

Personally, I think we should be allowed to.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:29 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Franziska von Karma wrote:
Personally, I think we should be allowed to.

I'd be okay with it as well but we have to keep the minor in mind plus very fleshed out rules regarding where Cleod draws the line and where not.

Although in all fairness, GTA and Mass Effect have had topics in the gaming section already, so I don't see why games like The Wolf Among Us wouldn't be able to pass the rules (as long as the topics make it very clear that the game contains mature themes, as well as us obviously not linking to the inappropriate scenes).

I'm interested to see where the mods stand on this since it's kind of a grey area atm.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:33 pm

Waifu: I'm married
dude, i posted a song called "raped by elephants" and didn't get in trouble

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:02 pm
YIM WWW

Kittenpuncher wrote:

I think true events are allowed

Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:34 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Kittenpuncher wrote:

that was in the Lounge though right

We've been posting M-rated games in Video Gaming for a while. I personally feel like some of the rules need revision, that among them

Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:14 pm

To directly quote myself from the VIP Lounge:

Ziku wrote:
PBS Announcer- And now back to Arthur on PBS Kids.
Arthur- Binky Burns can be so mean sometimes.
Buster- Shh, here he comes now.... Uh, hey Binkey, how's it going?
Binkey- b**** shut up! *Kicks Buster aside* *Cloud's eyes begin to dialate*
Arthur- Binkey your such a giant pile of inbred hicks f*** again and again you dick! *Cloud drops jaw in shock*
Binkey- After school today, you bring your young a** to the playground and I'm gonna ride you drunk prison style!

I think you'll be fine

Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:37 pm

Wow bro that post was epic

Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:53 pm
Site Admin

Personally, if you feel it necessary, you could indicate through your thread title that its rating is for those over a certain age.
You wouldn't be penalized for posting a thread of the topic you mentioned unless you were say, posting images of something incredibly explicit.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:20 pm
Site Admin

Yeah this is fine, just be mindful of the audience before you post any images or links. I say just put a warning message along with things like that

:lock:

Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:38 pm
 [ 10 posts ]