The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:41 pm

[ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 40  Next
Marth 

MGN Username: colm016
Whenever i play as marth I either kill the opponent at 100% with an fsmash or counter but if i dont kill by 115%-125% i have to add on damage one hit at a time then kill the opponent with a fair or uair. What should I do to kill earlier as marth?

Fri May 13, 2016 4:24 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
colm016 wrote:
Whenever i play as marth I either kill the opponent at 100% with an fsmash or counter but if i dont kill by 115%-125% i have to add on damage one hit at a time then kill the opponent with a fair or uair. What should I do to kill earlier as marth?

Keep spacing or else try to edge guard, which isn't always easy. Find out what set ups you can do, to land a tipper.

Fri May 13, 2016 5:32 pm

Waifu: Yume
jab isnt THAT bad tbh

Fri May 13, 2016 8:14 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Use Fthrow

Sat May 14, 2016 12:00 am
BR Member

MGN Username: JayVoltage
Currently Playing: Rivals of Aether, Super Smasn Flash 2, Fate/Grand Order
TS wrote:
jab isnt THAT bad tbh

Yeah buddy. It looks way cooler to jab reset with jab that side b imo
And landing tipper jab into tipper f-smash on fox at kill percent just feels so good

Mains: :link: :falco: :sonic:
Most recent video of some of my favourite online moments. Check it out! :]

YouTube Video:

Newly acquired Servant: Minamoto no Yorimitsu NEW!

Sat May 14, 2016 4:30 am

Lord doughnut wrote:
colm016 wrote:

Keep spacing or else try to edge guard, which isn't always easy. Find out what set ups you can do, to land a tipper.

When I edgeguard as marth I usually use nair fair or fsmash wich works for most characters unless they have multiple jumps or have invincible recovery options (i.e. zelda sheik MK and ichigo (sort of))

Sat May 14, 2016 7:20 am

colm016 wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:
colm016 wrote:

When I edgeguard as marth I usually use nair fair or fsmash wich works for most characters unless they have multiple jumps or have invincible recovery options (i.e. zelda sheik MK and ichigo (sort of))

You have to mix it up, use down tilt or bair. Those options won't always work.

Sat May 14, 2016 7:46 am

Lord doughnut wrote:
colm016 wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:
colm016 wrote:

Ok I'll try that the next time I'm playing the game and I'll try to think of something to edgeguard against zelda

Sat May 14, 2016 3:07 pm

colm016 wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:
colm016 wrote:
Lord doughnut wrote:
colm016 wrote:

Ok I'll try that the next time I'm playing the game and I'll try to think of something to edgeguard against zelda

Zelda is tricky due to her having many options to teleport to, though from time to time, they will teleport toward your location to damage you.

Sat May 14, 2016 4:24 pm

i just found this out today so i haven't tested it to see if it actually works. What i'm talking about is marth's counter. if you counter in mid air marth loses almost all momentum so if he gets knocked offstage he can wait until hitstun wears off (when hitstun wears off marth will still be moving towards the blast zone) and then counter, stop his movement, double jump and recover. I haven't tried this out properly so it may not work

Fri May 27, 2016 3:24 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I think SSF2 has the same thing, but in the console games moves that would normally stop your momentum actually increase it when you do it out of hitstun.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Mon May 30, 2016 11:16 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Pokepen
Currently Playing: SSBM, Project M, Super Meat Boy, SSF2
Waifu: none of ur business
Marth Bucket Brake confirmed?

:metaknight: :pikachu:

Twitch.tv/pokepen - I need to stream sometime

Tue May 31, 2016 12:07 pm

I never use his counter when i'm offstage playing as marth because well... DI

Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:44 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Also can Marth's counter please be better? Falcon Punch kills at like 50%. Whatever. But if Marth counters a Falcon Punch, it deals less than 25% and it can't even kill at 60 with good DI.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:19 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Counters are already fine to me at least. It kills pretty quickly and I don't see the need to die because you screwed up at 50% with almost zero effort from the opponent. This isn't Smash 4 ;)

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:21 pm
 [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 40  Next