The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 1:47 am

[ 2183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 146  Next
Official Naruto Manga Topic 

MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
Who else is freaking out...it really seems to be looking that way. I was always 100% against this theory, but now it looks like I/we were all wrong. The way tobi spoke to Kakashi, it seemed really personal. Also when he says "Thats when they called you the hero with the sharingan" it seemed personal and possibly snarky, in other words saying "it's my sharingan they are praising you for".

I was freaking out while reading lmao. I mean it was already bizarre to get a chapter on saturday, and now this?!

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success

Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:39 am
YIM WWW

Waifu: I'm married
clearly it's some other dude that was there
who took the other eye lol

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:54 am
YIM WWW

Waifu: You!
it could be this guy http://www.naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Taiseki

he was there, he could have taken the eye

Last edited by THoT on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:03 am

VamanosPest wrote:
clearly it's some other dude that was there
who took the other eye lol

Yeah that could be the case too, but the way Tobi is talking feels like he has a personal connection with Kakashi.

"You're all words and no action"

Possibly referring to how he promised to protect Rin, but fails.

Quickly after that he says "I want to build a world where heroes don't have to make pitiful excuses in front of graves."

It shows kakashi at a grave, not Obito's. Rins?

Also, what does this remind you of?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:02 am
YIM WWW

Where did you find the new chapter?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:45 pm

Currently Playing: Hide-n-seek
THoT wrote:
it could be this guy http://www.naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Taiseki

he was there, he could have taken the eye

I feel like his build is too different from Tobi's.

Dammit I feel like no one in this series is allowed to just die.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Honestly, the only reason I'm not returning to the Obito theory yet is it just makes too much sense given what's gone on as of late.

Kishi has always refused to make anything clear until the last possible moment, and with Tobi, I seriously can't see this being the answer given how obvious this foreshadowing feels. I think he wants us to believe it's Obito now, but it is just too obvious...

Honestly, even breaking that mask probably won't be enough, his face will probably STILL be unrecognizable

Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:38 pm

Death'saWoopingRiot wrote:
Honestly, the only reason I'm not returning to the Obito theory yet is it just makes too much sense given what's gone on as of late.

Kishi has always refused to make anything clear until the last possible moment, and with Tobi, I seriously can't see this being the answer given how obvious this foreshadowing feels. I think he wants us to believe it's Obito now, but it is just too obvious...

Honestly, even breaking that mask probably won't be enough, his face will probably STILL be unrecognizable

I've NEVER believed in the Obito theory. I was always strongly against it, but now after reading that chapter, I have no choice but to acknowledge it as possible. It would be really interesting. Welp, nothing to do but wait for next chapter.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:29 pm
YIM WWW

[NU] wrote:

I've NEVER believed in the Obito theory. I was always strongly against it, but now after reading that chapter, I have no choice but to acknowledge it as possible. It would be really interesting. Welp, nothing to do but wait for next chapter.

If it's not Obito that mean Tobi is not an Uchiha I wonder why the sharingan doesnt weaken him after all this time he has been using it

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:53 pm

TNich wrote:
[NU] wrote:

If it's not Obito that mean Tobi is not an Uchiha I wonder why the sharingan doesnt weaken him after all this time he has been using it

The First Hokage's cells. Remember, those things reduced the decade long wait in Shisui's eye to a single day when Danzo had them, it's kind of terrifying to think of just how powerful they make Tobi...

After doing the research I think we can all be positive, if nothing else, that that is Obito's eye. I couldn't help but be skeptical, but given Tobi references the mission that (may or may not have) killed Obito and it uses the same power as Kakashi's, however Tobi is, that is almost certainly Obito's eye.

If it IS Obito that kind of demands to the question as to where exactly he got that other eye he blinded during the fight with Konan. The Izuna theory, as far as I'm concerned, is still pretty valid as well, especially considering Madara would have died with Izuna's eyes, forcing him to find a new set and making Obito a very easy snatch...

Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:17 am

Plothole Number 1: Tobi’s Power Level (chapters 500-504).
There is no way Obito could turn into an alpha dog shinobi who mastered S/T phasing and teleportation within a 1-2 year time frame. At 15 years old? No way... There is also no way Obito would know how to extract the Kyuubi, hypnotize it, control it like a puppet, and then summon it wherever the hell he wants to. And all of this is supposed to have happened 1-2 years after Obito supposedly died? That’s just not feasible.

Plothole Number 2: Personality U-turn (chapter 241 page 19).
"Of course those in the ninja world who break the rules and regulations are called trash... but those who don’t care about their companions are even worse than trash." Will of Fire talk from Obito. It makes no sense for.
him to suddenly manifest this unwavering vendetta against Konoha

Plothole Number 4: Kyuubi recognised Tobi (chapter 501 page 8).
The Kyuubi actually recognises Tobi and possibly knows who he is. If THAT doesn’t convince you, nothing will. The Kyuubi made a direct transfer from being sealed into Mito to being sealed into Kushina, so there is a fundamental contradiction for the Kyuubi to recognise anyone in the outside world when it was sealed for all that time. If the Kyuubi actually recognised Tobi, it means Tobi has to be someone who was alive during Hashirama/Madara’s generation.

Plothole Number 5: Hashirama Comparison (chapter 462 page 14).
Tobi says to Naruto "I can see the first Hokage in you." To make that type of comparison Tobi must have known what Hashirama was like as a person. Problem is, Hashirama was dead before Obito was born.

Plothole Number 6: Nagato is much older than Obito.

Why is this important? Because Tobi GAVE Nagato the Rinnegan. In other words, it is impossible for Obito to have given kid Nagato the Rinnegan because Obito is much younger than Nagato.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:23 am

Number 6 is debatable, given its pretty explicitly stated it was he actual Madara who gave Nagato his eyes (Confirmed by Madara himself)

What if Madara was a "Former" Tobi and our Tobi is the current?

Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:48 am

Very good theories! We'll just have to wait everybody~

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:46 am
YIM WWW

MGN Username: Shaske
Currently Playing: smesh tri dee essu
(Lol some people think he is future sasuke...)

My theory:
that fact:
TNich wrote:
Plothole Number 6: Nagato is much older than Obito.

Why is this important? Because Tobi GAVE Nagato the Rinnegan. In other words, it is impossible for Obito to have given kid Nagato the Rinnegan because Obito is much younger than Nagato.

And that tobi attacked konoha 16 years ago meaning kakashi was 12-13(around that age) so was obito before he died no?
So I don't think Obito could possibly grown that much stronger to be able to control kyubi plus developping a new sharingan technique...
Also madara can't see in the future as I remember so he couldn't possibly know who Obito is no?

My first theory was that he's obito because tobi seems to know kakashi. but when I thought what I just said it didnt make any sense thinking that he's obito.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:25 am

Anyone got a stab at when we get 598? Do we gotta wait til Sunday again?

Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:21 am
 [ 2183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 146  Next