The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:46 pm

[ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next
Peach 

Currently Playing: Whatever game I get to download, M.U.G.E.N and Super Smash Flash 2.
Herpestidae wrote:
Nair is to Peach as Knee is to Falcon

^This.

No need to modify or nerf this move, it's perfect as it is now. :colonthree:

Oh, Hi there new page.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:00 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
I think nair to peach is more like shine to Fox honestly. Falcon can easily get by without using knee, his dair/bair/uair are easy replacements. Without shine Fox loses a huge part of his pressure and combo game, as well as eliminating any form of offstage game.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:56 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
Starkiller2 wrote:
I think nair to peach is more like shine to Fox honestly. Falcon can easily get by without using knee, his dair/bair/uair are easy replacements. Without shine Fox loses a huge part of his pressure and combo game, as well as eliminating any form of offstage game.

I'd almost say the same thing, perhaps even more than Peach's nair.

Actually stratch that, it's more like Fox's nair as well. Most people will nair more than Shine if they don't have tech skill.

Last edited by gEmssbguy13 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:15 am

i just found a ridiculously overpowered tactic that seems to abuse a certain bug. i discovered this by accident... it is both ridiculous, creepy, and powerfull.

1 - pull out a turnip and dash towards your opponent.
2 - throw the turnip. you will be running alongside it.
3 - press neutral b.

see what happens:

WEEEIRD, isnt it?

what happens, is that when you use Toad on a turnip, it FREEZES, and every time you use toad and touch it, you will perform a counter, that deals up to 26 damage (it might do massive amounts if you hit special turnips, but i didnt have the chance to test it yet). it can stay there frozen indeffinitely, and it also has other tricks... you can grab it again and throw it, but instead of going forward like it would be when thrown normally, it sticks to the air soon as you throw it, remaining, once again, frozen. and now you can, once again, perform infinite and safe toad counters.

better yet, its projectile hitbox priority maintains - it can cancel quite a few of other projectiles without moving! this completely wastes link's arows and bombs - and his boomerang gets hit-lagged because it calculates hits for each and every turnip it touches.

this takes a while to make into a respectable mine - er - turnipfield? but in the long run, it is simply overpowering, since you deprive your opponents from THEIR long range attack, while keeping yours, and - oh, did i mention your turnips also can bounce on frozen turnips? this makes it possible to sometimes have up to 5 turnips bouncing around on the field - also gives you an attack with a massive disjoint, damage per hit, and super-armor - which Peach cant have any other way.

what are your thoughts? i am yet to try this out on human players, but it can be frighteningly challenging to bypass.

Others claim, it is half empty.

I, personally, Claim Nothing.

Instead, i Ask:

WHO THE %&(%/))% DRANK HALF OF MY BEER??!

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:35 am

WAR-THERAPY wrote:
i just found a ridiculously overpowered tactic that seems to abuse a certain bug. i discovered this by accident... it is both ridiculous, creepy, and powerfull.

3 - press neutral b.

see what happens:
[ Image ]

WEEEIRD, isnt it?

what happens, is that when you use Toad on a turnip, it FREEZES, and every time you use toad and touch it, you will perform a counter, that deals up to 26 damage (it might do massive amounts if you hit special turnips, but i didnt have the chance to test it yet). it can stay there frozen indeffinitely, and it also has other tricks... you can grab it again and throw it, but instead of going forward like it would be when thrown normally, it sticks to the air soon as you throw it, remaining, once again, frozen. and now you can, once again, perform infinite and safe toad counters.

better yet, its projectile hitbox priority maintains - it can cancel quite a few of other projectiles without moving! this completely wastes link's arows and bombs - and his boomerang gets hit-lagged because it calculates hits for each and every turnip it touches.

this takes a while to make into a respectable mine - er - turnipfield? but in the long run, it is simply overpowering, since you deprive your opponents from THEIR long range attack, while keeping yours, and - oh, did i mention your turnips also can bounce on frozen turnips? this makes it possible to sometimes have up to 5 turnips bouncing around on the field - also gives you an attack with a massive disjoint, damage per hit, and super-armor - which Peach cant have any other way.

what are your thoughts? i am yet to try this out on human players, but it can be frighteningly challenging to bypass.

Ok, that's super scary. That'd better be fixed in the next patch, otherwise Peach will probably be top tier again.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:54 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
WAR-THERAPY wrote:

3 - press neutral b.

see what happens:
[ Image ]

WEEEIRD, isnt it?

Ok, that's super scary. That'd better be fixed in the next patch, otherwise Peach will probably be top tier again.

That's already been discovered. Also, top tier again? According to the BR, Peach was dead last in 0.9a (not saying I agreed with them, but that's how it was).

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:47 am

Sorabotics wrote:
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
WAR-THERAPY wrote:

3 - press neutral b.

see what happens:
[ Image ]

WEEEIRD, isnt it?

That's already been discovered. Also, top tier again? According to the BR, Peach was dead last in 0.9a (not saying I agreed with them, but that's how it was).

But did you also hear that she wasn't changed as much as she was last time.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:27 pm
BR Member

gEmssbguy13 wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
WAR-THERAPY wrote:

3 - press neutral b.

see what happens:
[ Image ]

WEEEIRD, isnt it?

Lol yes, of course I have. People like Tac3 and I are changing people's opinions.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:15 pm

Sorabotics wrote:
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
WAR-THERAPY wrote:

3 - press neutral b.

see what happens:
[ Image ]

WEEEIRD, isnt it?

Lol yes, of course I have. People like Tac3 and I are changing people's opinions.

Still don't get why people though Donkey was low tier in the last demo, Link too.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:27 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
The main problems with Peach last demo were the fact that she had low weight and and poor kill potential. Combine that with the fact that the average kill potential for the cast was really high and her bad matchups against the top tiers (lol 0.9a Puff) put her in a pretty bad position. she didn't do that well against the mid tiers either.

This demo fixes most of those bad matchups, she got a bit more kill potential, and a lot of powerful moves (Black Mage's dash attack and U-tilt) got weakened. Its easy to see why she got better. It's the same with Yoshi imo.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:46 pm

Currently Playing: Whatever game I get to download, M.U.G.E.N and Super Smash Flash 2.
WAR-THERAPY wrote:

3 - press neutral b.

see what happens:
[ Image ]

WEEEIRD, isnt it?

Ah, That Bug... I got it to happen several times, but in a different way: Sometimes they would get stuck after colliding with the start up of another attack (mostly smashes and specials). It doesn't happen always, but whenever it happens it's kinda annoying. Now, I've got to try it using the method you posted.

Anyways, got a question: Besides edgeguarding an opponent with high damage, for what else is Peach Bomber useful?

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:15 pm
BR Member

An E and two 8 wrote:
WAR-THERAPY wrote:

3 - press neutral b.

see what happens:
[ Image ]

WEEEIRD, isnt it?

Ah, That Bug... I got it to happen several times, but in a different way: Sometimes they would get stuck after colliding with the start up of another attack (mostly smashes and specials). It doesn't happen always, but whenever it happens it's kinda annoying. Now, I've got to try it using the method you posted.

Anyways, got a question: Besides edgeguarding an opponent with high damage, for what else is Peach Bomber useful?

Not much tbh: mixups, outprioritizing an opponents attack, but the startup is so long with such little reward its hardly worth it.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:02 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Zapperrix wrote:
The main problems with Peach last demo were the fact that she had low weight and and poor kill potential. Combine that with the fact that the average kill potential for the cast was really high and her bad matchups against the top tiers (lol 0.9a Puff) put her in a pretty bad position. she didn't do that well against the mid tiers either.

This demo fixes most of those bad matchups, she got a bit more kill potential, and a lot of powerful moves (Black Mage's dash attack and U-tilt) got weakened. Its easy to see why she got better. It's the same with Yoshi imo.

Ironically I find Peach has alot less kill potential in 9b than 9a Peach. Right now sweetspotted Usmash can't even kill at 120% when in 9a Usmash no matter where it was hit could reliably kill at like 90%. Down Smash also got nerfed from being able to do up to 40% max to 18% max and now has absolutely no kill potential whatsoever. Also Turnips like Stitch and Kissyface are even harder to pluck now since things such as Cuckoos and Capsules take up Peach's rng space.(Not to mention Peach's Down Spec being nerfed in entirety.)

Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:41 am
YIM

I know people were mentioning a need for a new peach sprite a while back. I know that the original creator has made this sprite since the original sheet, and was wondering whether or not to contact the devs about using it in place of his original sprite (the one in the game now). I don't know if he had a full sprite sheet or not, or if he was even willing to make a whole sheet. All I know is what's on this page, haha.

http://hans-460.deviantart.com/art/SSF2 ... -348579450

Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:20 am

Sorabotics wrote:
Not much tbh: mixups, outprioritizing an opponents attack, but the startup is so long with such little reward its hardly worth it.

Well, sucks to hear, that heart blast it gives is amusing. :P

PeachyKeen wrote:
I know people were mentioning a need for a new peach sprite a while back. I know that the original creator has made this sprite since the original sheet, and was wondering whether or not to contact the devs about using it in place of his original sprite (the one in the game now). I don't know if he had a full sprite sheet or not, or if he was even willing to make a whole sheet. All I know is what's on this page, haha.

http://hans-460.deviantart.com/art/SSF2 ... -348579450

Honestly, I like the current sprite. It looks kinda cute to me. But, wow, this one looks way better. I woudn't mind seeing it in the next version.

Now we're on this topic... Little fun fact: On the intro of SSF2's Ver 0.8, you can actually spot a different sprite for Peach. Look closely at the part where Ichigo attemps to slash her. Just a second before she jumps back to avoid the attack, you'll notice that she's using another sprite!

Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:58 pm
 [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next