The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 11:28 pm

[ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Mcleod Gaming Heroscape Parody 

Location: Realizing that I should be doing homework right now
Or whatever it's called...
I want to use my new starter pack so I'm going to host a new game, using Dark Ermac's stage.
ALL RIGHT! SIGN-UPS ARE CLOSED.
The rules:
Dark Ermac wrote:
Game Rules:

1. Each player may choose a set number of figures from their inventories to use in a battle.
2. Each figure to be used will be placed on that player's starting tiles (unless otherwise specified).
3. Each player will decide the order in which they will use their figures.
4. The first player (chosen by God's hand) will then start their turn.
5. During said turn, the player will take control of his first figure.
6. The turn order is as follows: Movement, Attack, Specials.
7. Only one figure can move during a turn, which is determined by figure order.
8. If said figure is unable to move, then the next figure on the list will move instead.
9. This repeats among the players until the winning requirements are fulfilled.

Game Board Rules:

1. ANYONE CAN MAKE A GAME BOARD.
2. Each game board is divided into tiles, which are used as spaces.
3. If a space looks like it is within reach, make sure to check by looking at the board first, since none of the boards will be like MC Escher's work with impossible loops.
4. If there is a cave (where the tile will be represented by a darker shade), then it is underneath another tile.
5. Only units of a size equal to or less than the inside of the cave may step on the spaces.

Figure Rules:

1. A player can only use 1 of a figure in play, unless stated as being a common.
2. Cost: These are the amount of points required to use a figure.
3. Attack: This is the attack of a figure, in die rolls.
4. Defense: This is the defense of a figure, in die rolls.
5. Movement: This is the amount of spaces a figure can move, in die rolls.
6. Range: This is the distance a figure can attack from, in spaces.
7. HP: This is the amount of life a unit has.
8. Special: This is any type of special attack a unit may have.
9. Size: This is the size of a figure, determined by the figure's height.

Cost Rules:

1. Each stage has a total number of points per player.
2. The total cost of a player's figures must be less then or equal to this total.

Attack/Defense Rules:

1. An attack may only hit units within range of the spaces of the range.
2. An elevation counts towards the range total unless it is only an elevation of 1.
3. When attacking a unit, the difference between the attack of the attacking unit and the defense of the defending unit will be subtracted from the defender's HP.
4. If the defense is greater, then the attack fails and the attack phase ends. The difference between the attack and defense of the figures is subtracted from the attacker's HP.
5. If attacking a figure on a higher elevation, the attack's range will not reach unless it is higher than the height of the elevation.
6. If attacking a figure on a lower elevation, the attack proceeds as normal.

Movement Rules:

1. Normally, the amount of movement is determined by the number of tiles one can move by a die roll.
2. When moving, specify the order of directions the figure takes (TL, T, TR, DL, D, & DR) to prevent problems with me not knowing where a figure should end up.
3. When climbing up an elevated tile, if the tile has an elevation of one, then it counts as moving 1 tile.
4. If an elevated tile has an elevation of 2 or more, then a die must be rolled to climb the elevation.
5. If the roll matches or is greater than the slope, then the climb is successful and the unit uses 2 of their movement to climb it, after which they may continue to move.
6. If the roll is less than the slope, then the climb fails and the player must end their movement phase.
7. If a figure moves down from an elevation, they will receive 10 damage if the fall is the same or higher than their size.
8. Units may not move through each other, even when allied.
9. Movements displayed on figures are cut in half when actually moving (rounded up), since boards are relatively small.

Special Rules:

1. A special that has to do with anything except for attacking will be used at the beginning of the turn.
2. A special that has to do with attacking will be used after the attacking phase.
3. There are some specials that aren't used until the end of a turn, which will be stated in the effect.
4. If a special specifies a target directly adjacent, that counts all squares adjacent to the figure that are level with or no more than 1 space above/below the tile.

Tile Rules:

1. Grass tiles are the regular tiles.
2. Sand tiles give benefit to earth-types (+1 to all stats).
3. Rock tiles are also regular tiles.
4. Snow tiles give benefit to ice-types.
5. Water tiles give benefit to water-types, and slow other units down (moving 2 spaces per tile).
6. Ice tiles slow all units down.
7. Lava tiles hurt whatever figures are standing on one by 10 after all player's turns have been played out, unless said figure is a fire-type, which gets benefits.
8. Frozen water tiles act as ice, but when a unit steps on it, they must roll a die. If the roll is less than 4, the ice breaks and the unit dies. The tile is then treated as a lava tile.
9. Swamp tiles give benefit to nature-types and slows other units down.
Rules about Rebels:
1. They can attack only using their attack ability. If they do not have one, they use normal attack.
2. Their attack ability is much more powerful than a normal attack ability, due to desperation. EG If Kirby attacks someone with Copy, they are destroyed unless they have health greater than 50, as opposed to 10.
3. They always carry a flag with them to mark their cause. This flag causes them to lose 1/3 of their movement points.
4. They regenerate 5 hp every turn.
5. If you are defeated (totally) by rebels, it will not count as your defeat. You will not be able to move figures, but you will still be ranked. EG if you are second and rebels destroy your last figure, you still count as second place.
6. Everyone gets an extra 3 favor at the end of the battle.
7. They start at half HP, due to battle damage.
8. Each Rebel's flag denotes his level. When a Rebel destroys an enemy, his flag gains another star. Each star adds 1 to the attack dice roll, after the halving.
9. A Rebel can commit seppuku during another Rebel's turn, if he is in the way. But he must roll at least 2 less than the other figure.
Ex: Luigi wants to move past Fire Mario. Fire Mario decides to commit seppuku.
Luigi rolls 6!
Fire Mario rolls 1!
Fire Mario commits seppuku.
A Rebel who commited seppuku is marked on the minimap by a dead emoticon and on the tiles by a broken and torn flag.
10. A Rebel is allowed to kamikaze an opponent, namely, he suicide bombs them. There are two conditions: the Rebel Kamizeing the opponent uses his own attack roll and the opponent's defense roll. He must roll at least two higher than the PC he is Kamikazeing, and he must have at least 1/7th the health of the PC. If a Kamikaze fails, the Rebel is destroyed, but the PC is unharmed. If the Kamikaze succeeds, both PC's are destroyed and 5 hp are lost in a 3-tile radius, across the board.
Ex: Fire Mario Kamikazes Luigi. HP works.
Fire Mario rolls a 5!
Luigi rolls a 6!
Kamize fails.

So because I am a newbie at this, I will limit it to 4 figures. You can choose either the red, purple, or green starting areas.

Teamchaotex's team: (blue)
G&W
Lloyd
Luigi
Koopa Troopa

That Guy Over There's: (red)
Captain Falcon
Kirby
Koopa Troopa
Mr. Game and Watch

Dark Ermac's: (green)
Pit
Hollow Ichigo

Rebels: (purple)
Meta Knight
Kirby
Fox
Falco

Rules about Rebels:
1. They can attack only using their attack ability. If they do not have one, they use normal attack.
2. Their attack ability is much more powerful than a normal attack ability, due to desperation. EG If Kirby attacks someone with Copy, they are destroyed unless they have health greater than 50, as opposed to 10.
3. They always carry a flag with them to mark their cause. This flag causes them to lose 1/3 of their movement points.
4. They regenerate 5 hp every turn, until they reach full health.
5. If you are defeated (totally) by rebels, it will not count as your defeat. You will not be able to move figures, but you will still be ranked. EG if you are second and rebels destroy your last figure, you still count as second place.
6. Everyone gets an extra 3 favor at the end of the battle.
7. They start at half HP, due to battle damage.
8. Each Rebel's flag denotes his level. When a Rebel destroys an enemy, his flag gains another star. Each star adds 1 to the attack dice roll, after the halving.
9. A Rebel can commit seppuku (the samurai version of suicide) during another Rebel's turn, if he is in the way. But he must roll at least 2 less than the other figure.
Ex: Luigi wants to move past Fire Mario. Fire Mario decides to commit seppuku.
Luigi rolls 6!
Fire Mario rolls 1!
Fire Mario commits seppuku.
A Rebel who committed seppuku is marked on the minimap by a dead emoticon and on the tiles by a broken and torn flag.
10. A Rebel is allowed to kamikaze an opponent, namely, he suicide bombs them. There are two conditions: the Rebel Kamizeing the opponent uses his own attack roll and the opponent's defense roll. He must roll at least two higher than the PC he is Kamikazeing, and he must have at least 1/7th the health of the PC. If a Kamikaze fails, the Rebel is destroyed, but the PC is unharmed. If the Kamikaze succeeds, both PC's are destroyed and 5 hp are lost in a 3-tile radius, across the board.
Ex: Fire Mario Kamikazes Luigi. HP works.
Fire Mario rolls a 5!
Luigi rolls a 6!
Kamize fails.

NintendoJava wrote:
LittleBigPlanetFan wrote:
Ok,LETS STOP TALKING ABOUT SPRITES!

That would be redundant. As this is the "Sprite Workshop".

Save the dragons... please? And btw, just because they are not eggs does not mean they will automatically survive. They have to mature to survive. Thus, please click?

Last edited by Team Chaotex on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:30 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:36 pm

your missing two things
the cost limit and the map

Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:40 pm

Just pick 4 figures.
Here is the map:

So, any takers?

NintendoJava wrote:

Save the dragons... please? And btw, just because they are not eggs does not mean they will automatically survive. They have to mature to survive. Thus, please click?

Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:42 pm
Site Admin

looks pretty complicated but it looks fun

Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:00 am

Ray fletcher wrote:
looks pretty complicated but it looks fun

Well, your going to need figures, you get them from Dark Ermac, also if you want to watch before playing, a game in progress can be found here

Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:09 am

I'll play, i'll start in the red region

and my figures will be

Kirby
Captain Falcon
Koopa Troopa
Mr. Game and Watch

Captain Falcon

ELE: Fire
CST: 6
SZE: 4
ATK: 1x2
DEF: 1x2
MOV: 3
RNG: 1
HP: 35
SPC: Falcon PAUNCH!!!: Instantly kill a figure directly adjacent to Captain Falcon with less HP than him. Captain Falcon is stunned for his next turn.

G&W

ELE: Neutral
CST: 3
SZE: 3
ATK: 2
DEF: 1
HP: 10
SPC: Sausages: Attack all figures within 3 tiles of G&W with 1 die.
Common: More than 1 G&W may be used.

Kirby

CST: 4
SZE: 2
ATK: 1
MOV: 6
SPC: Copy: Kirby may instantaneously kill any opponent directly adjacent to him, as long as they have less HP than he does. The player then gets to choose one of their defeated opponents effects to give to Kirby until the end of the match.
Recovery: Kirby recovers HP equal to the remaining HP of a figure that he just copied.

Koopa Troopa

CST: 1
MOV: 2
SPC: Shell: When defeated, the player may choose a directly adjacent allied figure. This figure gets the shell and boosts their defense by 1.
Common: More than 1 Koopa Troopa can be used.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:44 am

Okay! So here are the players...
Teamchaotex:

Koopa Troopa
Lloyd
Luigi
Mr. Game and Watch

That Guy Over There:

Captain Falcon
Kirby
Koopa Troopa
G&W

Sheets:
Teamchaotex:
G&W

Koopa Troopa

ELE: Water
SPC: Shell: When defeated, the player may choose a directly adjacent allied figure. This figure gets the shell and boosts their defense by 1.
Swim: Koopa Troopa moves normally in water.

Lloyd

CST: 5
DEF: 2
HP: 30
SPC: Demon Fang: Attack any figure with 1 die, as long as the figure is in Lloyd's line of sight.
Guardian: Block any 1 opponent's attack.

Luigi

ELE: THUNDERRR!
CST: 5
DEF: 2
RNG: 3
HP: 25
SPC: High Jump: Luigi can jump over opponents when moving.
Luigi Tornado: Attack all opponents within 2 tiles of this figure for 1 die.

That Guy Over There:
Captain Falcon

ELE: Fire
CST: 6
ATK: 1x2
DEF: 1x2
HP: 35
SPC: Falcon PAUNCH!!!: Instantly kill a figure directly adjacent to Captain Falcon with less HP than him. Captain Falcon is stunned for his next turn.

G&W

Kirby

CST: 4
MOV: 6
SPC: Copy: Kirby may instantaneously kill any opponent directly adjacent to him, as long as they have less HP than he does. The player then gets to choose one of their defeated opponents effects to give to Kirby until the end of the match.
Recovery: Kirby recovers HP equal to the remaining HP of a figure that he just copied.

Koopa Troopa

Where do you want your figures?

NintendoJava wrote:

Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:33 pm
BR Member

Location: The wonderful world of... someplace that isn't on fire.
MGN Username: Dark Ermac
Mind if I join?

If not, then here I go:

Pit
Hollow Ichigo

Unlike the rest of you, I will remain in the 20-point limit.
I'll take Green.

Pit

ELE: Light
CST: 10
SZE: 5
ATK: /
DEF: 3
RNG: /
HP: 20
SPC: I Have A Spammable Bow...: Attack any opponent anywhere for 1 die of damage. This attack can be used repeatedly as long as the attack doesn't miss.
...A Spammable Side Attack...: Attack any figure directly adjacent for 1 die repeatedly (as long as the attack doesn't miss) and push them backwards 1 tile.
...A Reflector Shield...: Pit may reflect any and all projectile attacks.
...Wings...: Pit is unaffected by terrain or elevation.
...What Don't I Have?: Pit is instantly killed when standing directly adjacent to his only weaknesses: Snake (due to over-manliness), or Zamus (since he won't get any).

Hollow Ichigo

ELE: Dark
CST: 9
ATK: 4
DEF: 3
MOV: 4
RNG: 5
HP: 40
SPC: Black Getsuga Tenshou: Attack any opponent with 3 dice, as long as they are in Hollow Ichogo's line of sight.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:44 pm

Okay... but I don't know where to find Hollow Ichigo sprites...

NintendoJava wrote:

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:09 pm
BR Member

teamchaotex wrote:
Okay... but I don't know where to find Hollow Ichigo sprites...

All figure sprites are in the first post.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:13 pm

K...
I still need to know where to place your figures.

NintendoJava wrote:

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:24 pm
BR Member

Place Pit and Hollow Ichigo on the eastern pennensula, where the 2 isolated green starting spaces are, with Hollow Ichigo below Pit.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:14 pm

Any order close to the actual field

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:19 pm
BR Member

We're ready!

Are you?

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:21 pm

Shi-jak!
(or however you say it)
Let us begin!
Dark Ermac will start.
Pit has 3 movement.

Dark Ermac:
Pit (20/20)
Hollow Ichigo (40/40)

Teamchaotex:
Luigi (25/25)
Koopa Troopa (10/10)
Lloyd (30/30)
Mr. Game and Watch (10/10)

That Guy Over There:
Captain Falcon (35/35)
Kirby (10/10)
Koopa Troopa (10/10)
Mr. Game and Watch (10/10)

Sonyflash:
Meta Knight (17/20)
Kirby (8/10)
Fox (19/23)
Falco (20/22)

NintendoJava wrote:

Last edited by Team Chaotex on Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:47 am
 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next