The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:35 am

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
/r/smashbros SSF2 Gif Of The Day 

Hey guys, the moderators on /r/smashbros have said they want to see solid consistent SSF2 content on the subreddit before they make a final decision on SSF2 flair and the like. So let's all work together to make this happen!

First, you can start by posting solid matches you play or good gifs on /r/smashbros go out there and make amazing content!

Second, I will be posting a gif of the game each day to help promote the game. So if you have any cool gifs demonstrating gameplay that could be analyzed for this feature, post them here so I can use them!

Here is the post from day one: A Solid Edge Guard
Here is the post from day two: A Clutch Stage Spike

Check those out and comment folks, I'll post each gif of the day here as well. Now try to get me some gifs to use and post your own stuff as well!!!

Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:33 pm

12/16 Super Smash Flash 2 Gif Of The Day: 0-Death

Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:09 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
great idea! love the stuff you're doing for this community <3

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:27 pm

yeah great idea!

gonna support this daily :)

Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:30 pm
SSF2 Developer

Not to offend, but I think promoting SSF2 like this is not a great idea. I don't think Reddit is the best place to promote SSF2. SSF2 is cool and all, but it looks to me that they aren't very accepting of us, and so we shouldn't push the game to them if they're already not interested. I don't want them to think of the SSF2 communtity as "those annoying people who overrate their indie game and try too hard to make us like it". Maybe we should keep the number of SSF2 posts on their relatively low in quantity, but high in quality (so only the really cool stuff, not just the cool-ish ones). I don't think trying to artificially inflat the SSF2 prescence on Reddit would work out well. It might even cause some backlash. My two cents. Again, no offense, but I do not support the daily video. I really respect your effort, though.

But I guess you don't have to agree with me if you don't want to.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:58 pm

swyft the hedgedog wrote:
Not to offend, but I think promoting SSF2 like this is not a great idea. I don't think Reddit is the best place to promote SSF2. SSF2 is cool and all, but it looks to me that they aren't very accepting of us, and so we shouldn't push the game to them if they're already not interested. I don't want them to think of the SSF2 communtity as "those annoying people who overrate their indie game and try too hard to make us like it". Maybe we should keep the number of SSF2 posts on their relatively low in quantity, but high in quality (so only the really cool stuff, not just the cool-ish ones). I don't think trying to artificially inflat the SSF2 prescence on Reddit would work out well. It might even cause some backlash. My two cents. Again, no offense, but I do not support the daily video. I really respect your effort, though.

Hmm Jammy posted a gfycat about 5 hours ago and it got 173 likes already and a bunch of positive comments, Im sure that there really are people out there who are interested and willing to get into this

you might be right that daily is a bit much, however we do need a lot of ssf2 content in order to get our own unique flair, they were like pinches away from giving us it but then they were like ehh there's not really a lot of ssf2 on the subreddit so it probably wouldn't be used

Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:12 pm

MGN Username: Bomono3
Currently Playing: Some platformer
Mine is actually a bit better than it looks. Usually i bair which would send him twords the stage so he di'd away from the stage, knowing this i daired him offstage due to the di.

My main is tails.
My secondaries are peach and fox.

My soundcloud (no relation to other accounts of the same name, its a long story)
https://soundcloud.com/caffinluvstmgc

Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:57 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
swyft the hedgedog wrote:

But I guess you don't have to agree with me if you don't want to.

we got two gifs on the front page today alone :0 and almost universally positive feedback too

Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:48 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
We really need to post a recent video on Reddit of a very fast-paced, high-level match to really showoff the potential of SSF2.

And I mean like, a really fast-paced match of both players taking advantage of the movement options and combo abilities in the game. A match like this: (https://www.mediafire.com/?8gmhj13581ju5wd) but done at an even greater efficiency.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:45 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight

Im pretty sure this is on a CPU. Who would try to recover with BM like this? Even I know that this doesnt work.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:02 am

Skailler wrote:

Im pretty sure this is on a CPU. Who would try to recover with BM like this? Even I know that this doesnt work.

The combo is still there. And I don't think a BM would even recover from that anyhow.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:10 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Kyo Tanaka wrote:
Skailler wrote:

The combo is still there. And I don't think a BM would even recover from that anyhow.

I know that. Still a good combo, I just wanted to point it out. Nothing more, nothing less.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:29 am

Zalozis wrote:
We really need to post a recent video on Reddit of a very fast-paced, high-level match to really showoff the potential of SSF2.

And I mean like, a really fast-paced match of both players taking advantage of the movement options and combo abilities in the game. A match like this: (https://www.mediafire.com/?8gmhj13581ju5wd) but done at an even greater efficiency.

I would absolutely LOVE to get a fast high level match up there. If you can get that match and manage to make it into a youtube video we'd be set!

Also while I'm here:

12/17 Gif Of The Day: Another 0-Death (Black Mage Dair Mechanics)

Cool AND educational!

Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:49 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
These seem to be going extremely well. Nicely done!

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:55 am

[TSON] wrote:
These seem to be going extremely well. Nicely done!

Thanks man! It's a good bit of searching to find cool stuff, but it's been fun!

By the way if anyone in here wants to help me, there's a few things I'd LOVE to show off but can't find footage for (and my laptop is having some issues so I can't record it myself ;-;).

Chibi-Robo's Pick Up grabbing and throwing all of the possible projectiles so we can do an educational piece on it.

Everyone who Can Go Under FD. It's a classic! I've found some video for that but it's choppy and slow, so it with faster footage would be awesome!

Just a few things off the top of my head. But let's get over to today's gif of the day: Stage Control With Bomberman

Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:50 pm
 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next