The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 10:43 am

[ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 37  Next
Naruto 

I feel like Naruto is cool in all but the rasenshuriken should be more explosive when it hits something and he should have something like goku when he goes down B he should turn into sage mode and have like a hole new move set and put some more anime characters in the game :naruto: :wee:

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:42 am

MGN Username: P12323
Currently Playing: Pokemon Showdown
No.
Just no.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:53 am

Beastytreats wrote:
No.
Just no.
why

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:55 am

why not that would be fun

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:58 am

MGN Username: P12323
Currently Playing: Pokemon Showdown
1. The devs not are not accepting more requests.
2. They are trying to make the game balanced, not make a character so broken and have a move set that isn't compatable for a smash game. Sage mode isn't suitable for Naruto's neutral game it fits better as a final smash. Making Naruto's rasenshuriken an explosive can be plausible as it can be done for aesthetics. If a character gets hit(unless shielded or power shielded) , it can cause that explosion. If you're asking for a big explosion that will increase knockback or damage or both...NO JUST NO.

3. Don't double post, there's an edit button.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:06 am

MGN Username: KarkVant
Currently Playing: with my dick
Naruto doesn't need any buffs, he already has guaranteed hits on side special => u/d/fsmash, dash attack => special (low percents), and dash attack=> fair => fsmash (mid-high percents). His moves need less hitstun, a higher DI multiplier, or modified knockback angles. His combos are way too easy to pull off and are extremely hard to DI out of. Naruto is broken. He doesn't need any buffs, and probably needs to be nerfed.

Image Image
Somebody hates my JJBA memes, so naturally I had to make more and put them in my signature

My main men: :captainfalcon: :metaknight:

For messing around: :samus: :zerosuitsamus: :donkeykong:

Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:31 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
KarkVant wrote:
Naruto doesn't need any buffs, he already has guaranteed hits on side special => u/d/fsmash, dash attack => special (low percents), and dash attack=> fair => fsmash (mid-high percents). His moves need less hitstun, a higher DI multiplier, or modified knockback angles. His combos are way too easy to pull off and are extremely hard to DI out of. Naruto is broken. He doesn't need any buffs, and probably needs to be nerfed.

Mhmmmm

Sure like their aren't any other characters like that.

Some of the combos you gave, aren't even real combos.

He isn't broken, no matter what anyone says. He needs to be balanced like everyone else.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:37 pm

MGN Username: KarkVant
Currently Playing: with my dick
I'm not saying that there aren't other wonky characters, I'm saying that Naruto is pretty wonky. He is easy to use, hard to get out of his combos, and kills very easily. He along with a few other characters, need to be nerfed. He may not be broken, but he is still too powerful.

Here are a few balances for naruto that would make him less spam friendly and more skill based:

1) Higher knockback and lower hitstun on dash attack
Dash attack is spammable on opponents at 0%, and having higher knockback can help with killing at higher percents, but lower hitstun accompanied by high knockback makes it harder to spam

2) More damage on side special, but higher ending lag (7-9 frames more)
Makes the attack more rewarding on hit, but worse if missed. Also limits side special into smash attack to higher percents, or closer distances.

3) Up special clones stun for 4-5 frames longer, but dissapear after 5 seconds (300 frames)
Dropped clones are effectively even more powerful bombs (from bomberman), and restrict play arguably more than bombs as their activation is instantaneous, while bombs give a small amount of start up. Like the balance to side special, this makes clones more effective when landed, but touchy to use.

Image Image
Somebody hates my JJBA memes, so naturally I had to make more and put them in my signature

My main men: :captainfalcon: :metaknight:

For messing around: :samus: :zerosuitsamus: :donkeykong:

Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:15 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
KarkVant wrote:
3) Up special clones stun for 4-5 frames longer, but dissapear after 5 seconds (300 frames)

Lets just take away his clone while we're at it?
5 seconds makes it only usable as a ledgeguarding tool or trading hits when naruto is being juggled. 10 seconds is a lot more reasonable, since 10 seconds really isn't that much time but you do have time to pressure and set your opponent into either a mindset of worse section of the stage.

On another note. make naruto's Usmash a tad higher. Everytime I see a scrub online using Usmash I always think to myself "is that his pecker, or just a part of his leg?"... gives a whole new meaning to a hard read :yoshi:

Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:04 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Buff Naruto's Uthrow. Litterly one of the worst throws in the game.
Or it should be changed somehow..

Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:39 am

MGN Username: scum
I really hope they do something with Naruto's moveset next patch. I just don't see him being a legitimate character with a few changes here and there. If characters like Sora, Lloyd, and megaman are getting proper fixes then why not do the same for this guy??? :naruto:

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat May 14, 2016 4:26 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
scumbag wrote:
I really hope they do something with Naruto's moveset next patch. I just don't see him being a legitimate character with a few changes here and there. If characters like Sora, Lloyd, and megaman are getting proper fixes then why not do the same for this guy??? :naruto:

What are you talking about?

Sat May 14, 2016 6:05 pm

Lord doughnut wrote:
scumbag wrote:

What are you talking about?

Naruto meets what ever criteria that is necessary for a character to be reworked. Whether it's general amounts of jank, A move-set that has little to no synchronization, critical flaws in character design, or a move-set that could have been made with more innovation, Naruto needs a drastic overhaul. If they want to stick with clones, they need to rework them from the ground up and integrate them into his entire move-set like Ichigo's flash-set. Clones right now are a straight up joke and try to push the whole projectile thing too much. His normals have no real synchronization outside of the fact that he can combo an auto-combo move into an auto-combo or KO move. His down-tilt for instance has no range and is -8 on shield which means it's pretty much a free shield grab. If Naruto has some of the best ground movement in the game then why does nothing in his move-set resemble that of a dash dance character? If you or anyone else thinks that Naruto needs just basic balancing then you have to explain why. But don't say that he has jank like every other character since i'm talking about his move-set OUTSIDE OF JANK.

Last edited by scumbag on Mon May 23, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 22, 2016 7:27 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Just a clarification. Are you saying that Dtilt is a bad move? Because it comes out in two frames and it's pretty strong. The shield pushback is also significant enough at higher percents that it can become safe on block.

Sun May 22, 2016 9:03 pm

Savio wrote:
Just a clarification. Are you saying that Dtilt is a bad move? Because it comes out in two frames and it's pretty strong. The shield pushback is also significant enough at higher percents that it can become safe on block.

Yes im saying his down-tilit's bad or atleast extremely situational which pretty much means bad. In a 30 FSP game, 2 frames equals 4 frames (in terms of other smash games) which is fast but not ridiculously fast. It has good knock-back (somewhat irrelevant considering it can't be combo-Ed into at KO percent) but sends at a very DI-able angle. Although it KO's early for characters who DI down, it's very much survivable for those who DI up at kill percentage. And even with the shield pushback, alot of characters can just jump OoS aerial punish it. I wish it worked like Ness's Dtilt for shield pressure and grab follow ups.

Sun May 22, 2016 10:26 pm
 [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 37  Next