The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:42 pm

[ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 26  Next
Link 

[TSON] wrote:
Pre v0.9's priority only looked like it was working basically, when in reality almost everything is ruined by port priority. We then fixed an issue that made certain moves work incorrectly on hit and now priority works the way that it is coded to work which is, unfortunately, completely wrong.

hah. wrong? open your eyes! what could possibly be wrong with using a 2% damage jab from Zamus to outpriorotize a heavy missile? you're crazy, doofus. completely.

Others claim, it is half empty.

I, personally, Claim Nothing.

Instead, i Ask:

WHO THE %&(%/))% DRANK HALF OF MY BEER??!

Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:58 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
As a link main, I must say that I am most certainly impressed with 9b link. Down to his aerials and tilts, they are just satisfying to connect. But smash attacks and specials, I don't like that much. Up smash is too weak and foward smash feels like it has less KB. I most certainly love his arrows and spin attack, but the boomerang and bombs feel WAY off. I noticed that the devs tried to emulate brawl's boomerang but overdid it with the everlasting hitbox making it a great tool for n00bs to get the higher advantage. I prefer if the devs made the boomerang more like PM or SSB64 so link can have a better combo game and hopefully keep him away from the low tier spot. And the bombs... I only used them with the arrows, but using them plain is awkward. The bombs would be great if it weren't for the awkward throwing physics.

Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:50 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Up smash is like its Smash 64 version. It setups up a more guaranteed aerial follow-up (Down-air, Front-air) through higher hit-stun than Up-tilt, but it's more effected by DI. While Forward-smash isn't is a super great kill option anymore, which isn't that bad. He has tons of other ones. But he can combo both slashes into each-other as high as 50%. Link could really use this move to build damage by having good follow-ups from his hit-confirms.

The other weird physics stuff; I know that's going to take extra works to make them feel better.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:19 am
BR Member

After they fix projectile shielding stuff he might be perfectly fine.

Thanks based devs for upb nerf.

Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:56 am

MGN Username: knight223
Currently Playing: SSF2, Brave Frontier, Unison Leauge
FedoraTheExplorer wrote:
After they fix projectile shielding stuff he might be perfectly fine.

Thanks based devs for upb nerf.

I think the nerf is a good or bad thing depending on the player. I generally didn't like how much KB it had and while I still am trying to find a way to counter Link with Marth. I will take what I can get with a weakened upb.

Characters I barley use: Marth

Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:36 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
I think his boomerang is still stupid. It's just really unfair against Fox and Falcon because it knocks them so far off and low that it can turn into a stock with one arrow, which can be fired from literally the other side of the stage.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:51 pm
BR Member

sparty88 wrote:
I think his boomerang is still stupid. It's just really unfair against Fox and Falcon because it knocks them so far off and low that it can turn into a stock with one arrow, which can be fired from literally the other side of the stage.

Honestly though that matchup would probably be stupid hard without it. I still wish boomerang would return to link after it hits a regular shield though. Oh well, at least its pretty managable now.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:42 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Boomerang is very managable tbh. It can be cancelled with like almost any attack in the game. I also wouldn't think it'd be unfair vs Fox since he kinda has a reflector and boomerang can be reflected.
Basically if you get hit with boomerang it's yoir fault cause it's so easy to read and predict.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:24 am
YIM
BR Member

Shine! wrote:
Boomerang is very managable tbh. It can be cancelled with like almost any attack in the game. I also wouldn't think it'd be unfair vs Fox since he kinda has a reflector and boomerang can be reflected.
Basically if you get hit with boomerang it's yoir fault cause it's so easy to read and predict.

Well you can kinda set up and tech chase with boomerang with pretty good prediction, its definatetly not the most easy thing in the world to dodge and then you commit to dodging it. Its less a weapon of smacking (which is the best kind of weapon :( ) and more a weapon of space control.

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:48 am

It's not so much about it being easy to read, it's just annoying. In heavy doses, which people seem to employ online, it erases the possibility of exciting gameplay. I've played a TON of Links online (probably the most popular character with Naruto and Ichi) and literally the only two who weren't campy beyond belief were SS and gEmms. I just want to see more people exploring his combo possibilities. Not choosing FD and projectile camping.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:43 am
BR Member

Camping is pretty okay. Link is kinda built for it lol.

I feel like Naruto really shouldnt be able to camp like that tho.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:48 am

FedoraTheExplorer wrote:
Camping is pretty okay.

There's a reason melee still has a huge competitive scene 14 years later and nobody plays Brawl. Camping is definitely not okay lol. A game's competitive viability is based on exciting gameplay.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:21 pm
BR Member

sparty88 wrote:
FedoraTheExplorer wrote:
Camping is pretty okay.

There's a reason melee still has a huge competitive scene 14 years later and nobody plays Brawl. Camping is definitely not okay lol. A game's competitive viability is based on exciting gameplay.

Brawl had a pretty big competitive scene in its day tho. And camping is present in just about any fighting game (people dont seem to have a problem with Daigo and his hadoukens.)

Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:36 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
FedoraTheExplorer wrote:
And camping is present in just about any fighting game (people dont seem to have a problem with Daigo and his hadoukens.)

While what you said was correct (the proper term is zoning), Daigo doesn't use Ryu's fireballs to zone, he uses them to force you in the corner or bait a jump so that he can get a knockdown and go for a mixup. It's all apart of his footsie game.

@Sparty: As for why Brawl no longer has a scene, Smash 4 is pretty much the reason. Btw, camping wasn't even the main issue that game, it was it's awful meta based around who can beat MK. People seem to forget that camping also exist in Melee (Hungyrbox is a prime example).

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:33 pm
BR Member

IDK why i couldnt remember zoning lol

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:36 pm
 [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 26  Next