The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:51 pm

[ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
October 1st, 2010 News (SSF2 v0.7 Progress) 

Great news Cleod! And you posted it on my B-day! :wee:

@allyouguyswhothinkits80%done: I'm pretty sure he means the Demo is 80% done, not the full game.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:56 am

Tinnitus wrote:

@allyouguyswhothinkits80%done: I'm pretty sure he means the Demo is 80% done, not the full game.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure everybody had come to that conclusion already.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:31 pm

Tinnitus wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, i don't think anyonedid think he meant the whole game. Cause right now the whole game is 68% done.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:39 pm

Waifu: Shiori Tsukada
Can't wait to do the Yo-yo mindgames with Ness.
: D
Nice update.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:18 pm

Currently Playing: Doom 3 BFG Edition PS3
i can't wait to use ness! I've always dominated smash bros with ness.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:39 pm

FallenLegacy wrote:
I'm pretty sure everybody had come to that conclusion already.

Oh well, I posted that anyway.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:51 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
SSF is always loosely based on the newest Smash game, but based off of Super Smash Bros as a whole. We feel the need to be different because we don't want people to ask us "Why don't I just play Brawl?"

Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:47 pm

Tinnitus wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I hope he posts it on mine. :D
Oct. 16.
:D

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:05 pm

[TSON] wrote:
SSF is always loosely based on the newest Smash game, but based off of Super Smash Bros as a whole. We feel the need to be different because we don't want people to ask us "Why don't I just play Brawl?"

I still feel SSF has a taste of SSB even though it was based off of Melee (eg. Dream Land, Adventure Mode similarities). I guess we're doing the same thing with SSF2. Oh well, nothing really to argue about.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:29 pm
Site Admin

smellyalater wrote:
This is great news. I can already imagine playing Megaman in 0.7. I have also got a question for Cleod. When are you going to post this on Newgrounds? Full game or sometime before that?

The full game will go on NG of course (but downloadable version here on MG only)

Ready2Brawl wrote:
I'm glad there is still a little bit more to add, and that your in the poolishing state. If you can remember how much progress percentage did you have last October with v0.6?

I was on hiatus at that time so good question... :?

kingofice777 wrote:
what ever happened to maybe the end of august i appreciate the time put in but its october i dont mind waiting when i get a decent expected demo release date but when its over a month later it kinda sucks cause i have to check this site like every day to see if the demo is done...and is the dojo stuff whats going to be in it cause i've seen a bowser picture on there pikachu ness and goku maybe a new stage or two and a ton of items im guessing thats what we should expect its nice but i'd like it if less updates were on the dojo id rather it be more of a surprise and im too curious to not look at the dojo :/ im not liking the updates in the news id rather wait it kinda ruins the surprise i guess that can be marked down as negative feedback and goku is boring kinda seems like neutral special is just like narutos and the rest you know what you're getting they're all original characters...fox or samus would be nice if originals are getting released all the time my favs are gonna be riku and shadow but they're unlockables so i shouldnt expect them any time soon probably in like 2 years those will be good to go i understand the work that goes into this stuff i'm a spriter and i've done work with flash games so i guess take your time but better release dates would be nice give like a month or two from when you expect it to be done next time lol

There will be plenty more surprises despite the screens just so you know, since I'm trying not to spoil too much

blablobb wrote:
80% done? More content? More character updates???

*drools*

One of the most criticized things I've seen characters get is their playability overall. A lot of people say that their sprites seem very limited, and that they play all funky. Since we are still in the demo stage, are there any plans to fix this problem?

A lot of emphasis has been place on characters this next demo so playability will definitely be improved

Flame King wrote:
Alrighty, Question time for Cleod and the devs!

1. How are you?

2. What was the most difficult thing to add to V0.7?

3. What new feature/thing took the longest to add to V0.7?

4. Will Sora have his KH2 voice in V0.7?

5. Would you drop out of school if it meant us the public getting demos much faster?

6. Any more changes to the physics engine?

7. This is just a suggestion, but could you guys give a demo to a group of people i.e people like ZaloZemisis to try out and help find bugs and/or give suggestions?

_Flame King

1. Good?

2. Everything

3. Same as #2

4. We'll see

5. No way, school is important

6. It's always been getting some minor changes here and there. If anything major changes I usually add it to the list of changes when I update a demo. So you'll have to wait and see if anything changes for this next one

7. No can do, sorry

Lord Shaske wrote:
@Devs/Cleod9: What is more difficult? school or making SSF2?

good to see the progress :)

School cuz it takes up SO much time

MultiSenhor wrote:
Also, could you possibly work in a system through wich we can translate the game (maybe in a later stage?)? Like, a separate file with the buttons and other text, like the character and sound files.

This was mentioned plenty of times in the past. I can't really make promises on this since it's a ton of extra effort to do this type of thing in a Flash game

--------

Alright that's enough here

:lock:

Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:55 pm
 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3