The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:45 pm

[ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 25  Next
Samus 
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
[TSON] wrote:
Samus fulfills a niche that we didn't have before - a zoning character. She also now can't press downB any time she's threatened or throw out any aerial she wants to and be completely fine.

But she still cant charge her Neutral B airbone :-/

Just kidding, would this be that bad? Charging a Shot whenever you want, not just limited to the ground sounds pretty cool. And once Im at it, is Shinespark a possible replacement for Screw Attack? Like you go further, but damage yourself every second or something like that. And no, you dont have to take me serious. ;)

Anyway, I figured out a way to make grounded Screw Attack more effective. Auto-Dash should be enabled and you have to stand on a platform that you can pass through (like BFs three platforms). Next you press Walk and Down at the same time, causing you to fall right down. This means you can pass platforms faster than pressing Down twice! As soon you start falling, use Screw Attack. You shold go noticeably higher than with a normal SA, meaning you can deal more damage! (Unless they SDI or something like that.) Anyone got a name for that? High Screw Attack and Fall Cancelled Screw Attack dont sound that good...Maybe FCSA?

EDIT: I just figured out how to Bomb Cancel :mrgreen: This technique allows you to throw any move while standing in an exploding bomb. All you have to do is use a bomb (obviously), wait a little bit and then use whatever you want to while the bomb explodes. This practically gives you a shield while attacking at the same time, so I think it is very important for Samus players... Just think of the possibilities...

I cant show a picture of it because I dont know where to upload it, but it is really easy, so it shouldnt be much of a problem. I actually start to like this Samus more than the old one :sweat:

YET ANOTHER EDIT: I am pretty sure this isn´t new, but you can surprise your opponent with a Pivot Projectile (dont know if it is called that way). Just press Walk (if Auto-Dash is on) and turn around and instantly fire your Projectile. I guess its useful for surprise attack as no one sees that coming... Until you use it of course.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:18 pm

MGN Username: Sekanor
Currently Playing: Melee, SSF2, SA2B, SM63, MKDD (all the games I'm playing from an advanced side)
Skailler wrote:
EDIT: I just figured out how to Bomb Cancel :mrgreen: This technique allows you to throw any move while standing in an exploding bomb. All you have to do is use a bomb (obviously), wait a little bit and then use whatever you want to while the bomb explodes. This practically gives you a shield while attacking at the same time, so I think it is very important for Samus players... Just think of the possibilities...

Yeah I knew this since 0.9a ;) I'm not sure it works for every attack though. It's sometimes useful.

Skailler wrote:
YET ANOTHER EDIT: I am pretty sure this isn´t new, but you can surprise your opponent with a Pivot Projectile (dont know if it is called that way). Just press Walk (if Auto-Dash is on) and turn around and instantly fire your Projectile. I guess its useful for surprise attack as no one sees that coming... Until you use it of course.c

I'm not really using this personally, maybe some Samus are ? When I play with Missiles, I usually use the platforms. I think "Pivot Projectile" is slow and can easily be powershielded, but I don't really know.

http:twitch.tv/sekanor <- streaming speedruns, and smash sometimes
Melee & SSF2 Advanced Player
Sonic Adventure 2 & Super Mario 63 & Mario Kart Double Dash Speedrunner

Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:11 am
BR Member

Sekanor wrote:
Skailler wrote:

Yeah I knew this since 0.9a ;) I'm not sure it works for every attack though. It's sometimes useful. I am always the last one to "discover" this stuff, am I?

Skailler wrote:
YET ANOTHER EDIT: I am pretty sure this isn´t new, but you can surprise your opponent with a Pivot Projectile (dont know if it is called that way). Just press Walk (if Auto-Dash is on) and turn around and instantly fire your Projectile. I guess its useful for surprise attack as no one sees that coming... Until you use it of course.c

I'm not really using this personally, maybe some Samus are ? When I play with Missiles, I usually use the platforms. I think "Pivot Projectile" is slow and can easily be powershielded, but I don't really know.

Yeah, its not that useful, but I use it from time to time and get some good results with it.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:49 am
BR Member

Pivot homing missles are pretty okay.

Pivot uncharged Charge Shot will have a high chance of catching someone off guard.

Pivot power missle will just get you killed, do not recommend.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:04 am

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
I tried doing short-hop pivot Missiles and Charge Shot, and this seems to be more effective with Charge Shot and Homing Missiles than Power Missiles.

Short-hop pivot Homing Missiles can pressure your opponent to stay on the ground or go for the edge when recovering while gaining some space for yourself, but I don't know how useful this is.

Short-hop pivot Charge Shot could work as a surprise retreat attack, especially if the shot is fully charged.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:45 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
Samus vs. Falcon. is it winnable? I've got a Samus down to 1 stock before but it was never really close. Falcon loses all his combos unless they're near perfect due to bombs, loses all ability to space due to bombs and missiles, loses his ability to bait and punish, as grabs activate bombs and dashdancing is prevented by missiles. The only thing he has is his kill power.

Any tips? I'll include a replay so you can see if I'm doing anything wrong.

https://www.mediafire.com/?qyvks9xbqdrb0tq

Granted Sekanor is an amazing Samus, it's just idk how I could play differently to beat him.

EDIT: crossed out stupid s*** that I said when I was salty. this is not a character john, I just want to know how to improve.

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:48 pm
BR Member

Jammy wrote:
Samus vs. Falcon. is it winnable? I've got a Samus down to 1 stock before but it was never really close. Falcon loses all his combos unless they're near perfect due to bombs, loses all ability to space due to bombs and missiles, loses his ability to bait and punish, as grabs activate bombs and dashdancing is prevented by missiles. The only thing he has is his kill power.

Any tips? I'll include a replay so you can see if I'm doing anything wrong.

https://www.mediafire.com/?qyvks9xbqdrb0tq

Granted Sekanor is an amazing Samus, it's just idk how I could play differently to beat him.

EDIT: crossed out stupid s#%$& that I said when I was salty. this is not a character john, I just want to know how to improve.

I havent played Samus in a while, and never had a Falcon with her, but I guess I have some general tips. If you are at a distance, try to Powershield Missiles and Charge Beam, or at least dodge it. The main point is getting in. If you are close, be careful of Zair. Its long and has no landing lag, but horribleending lag. It is so high, that Samus wont recover in most cases if her Zair misses, especially without her DJ, so you could try to do a super hard read with that. If you are in, do your combos, but alyways be aware of Bombs, so better keep them short. It might be better to let her go after two or three hits so you dont get a Bomb in your face, but still stay close. Shielding bombs doesnt work from my memory unless you Powershield it, so its either a combo extender for you or another salty moment. Falcons biggest advantage is that Samus really isnt good at hand-to-hand combat, so use that for your advantage. Samus is also way slower than you, so you propably could trick her in firing a Missile and then dodge it with style or something. I know this isnt much, but I hope this helps you :sweat:

Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:55 am

MGN Username: qqwxiron,IronH
It´s probably one of his worst matchups, but it´s way easier if you learn to powershield her projectiles and the air Dspec , it will mess her up entirely.
What you want to be doing with falcon is probably going in first for two little hits like uthrow to up-air and wait close for her to commit to a move you can shield and punish accordingly, after that just try running close to the middle of the stage and dashdance and wait for a mistake or a chance to go in again, like: Charging the charge shot, mis-timed missil, grab,Pshielded missil ,or Charge shot.
Also, try to spike her if you have the chance since most of her aerials last for a bit and she can´t do much about it, unless she is close to the edge where you have to respect the zair. Remember to aproach mostly by air, if she grabs you at 0% that can be easily converted into 45%, but you can mix it up sometimes after Pshielding a missil or something else. If she tries to camp you using bombs on the ground just learn the timing or if she is not completely covered by the bomb you can aproach with a d-air and follow with a knee or anything else that may work on her.

♪ But first let me play another #friendly!

Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:18 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
IronH wrote:
It´s probably one of his worst matchups, but it´s way easier if you learn to powershield her projectiles and the air Dspec , it will mess her up entirely.
What you want to be doing with falcon is probably going in first for two little hits like uthrow to up-air and wait close for her to commit to a move you can shield and punish accordingly, after that just try running close to the middle of the stage and dashdance and wait for a mistake or a chance to go in again, like: Charging the charge shot, mis-timed missil, grab,Pshielded missil ,or Charge shot.
Also, try to spike her if you have the chance since most of her aerials last for a bit and she can´t do much about it, unless she is close to the edge where you have to respect the zair. Remember to aproach mostly by air, if she grabs you at 0% that can be easily converted into 45%, but you can mix it up sometimes after Pshielding a missil or something else. If she tries to camp you using bombs on the ground just learn the timing or if she is not completely covered by the bomb you can aproach with a d-air and follow with a knee or anything else that may work on her.

1: shielding isn't good for punishing mistakes unless you powershield, because bombs go through shield
2: dashdancing is hard cause missiles but it can probably be done
3: grabbing out of neutral is hard because bombs will activate when you grab her. you need to grab out of hitstun or when she doesn't have a bomb out, which is hard against good samus'.

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:36 pm

MGN Username: qqwxiron,IronH
Jammy wrote:
1: shielding isn't good for punishing mistakes unless you powershield, because bombs go through shield
2: dashdancing is hard cause missiles but it can probably be done
3: grabbing out of neutral is hard because bombs will activate when you grab her. you need to grab out of hitstun or when she doesn't have a bomb out, which is hard against good samus'.

1.- I was actually talking about her aerials (Nair and Zair specifically), since Falcon's upair goes through bombs and those are her fastest aerials and her only out of shield options along with probably d-tilt and dspec.
2.- Her missiles are not the best option while she is on the ground because of the starting lag and if she jumps you can punish that as she tries to land with a dash d-tilt, which shouldn´t be to hard to get if you´re already dashdancing at a good distance and you can also use up-air against missiles to destroy them.
3.-It´s obviously hard, but never enough to stop you from going for it a couple times, maybe after Pshielding a projectile or a intimidating short hop and your dspec can also go through bombs btw.

♪ But first let me play another #friendly!

Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:59 pm
SSF2 Developer

Samus has so many projectiles!!!!! It's so hard to get near.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:04 pm
BR Member

swyft the hedgedog wrote:
Samus has so many projectiles!!!!! It's so hard to get near.

Reflecting her projectiles properly is already half the win, so just try to Powershield everything she throws at you. Naruto and Link are much worse in this point.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:17 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
I'm not using Samus all that much to how she is now, but I hope with the buffs she receives than maybe I will pick her back up again.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:02 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Missiles aren't very useful for harassment because they're not hard to powershield if you concentrate. I feel like maybe they could go faster?

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:57 pm
BR Member

ZERO_OR wrote:
I'm not using Samus all that much to how she is now, but I hope with the buffs she receives than maybe I will pick her back up again.

Which buffs? I would love to see some, but where did you got that? Last time she got buffed she go nerfed afterwards to be even (if not even worse) again.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:00 pm
 [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 25  Next